Chapter ~23

Slowly Falling in Love {Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Nichkhun Pov)

 

I walk down the hallway passing a familiar face. I look at his face slightly. This couldn't be him. Could it? He looks at me with the same expression. Surprised. I look away and head to the elevator. I pressed the button waiting for the elevator and stood there waiting. A feeling from passing the familiar face lingered around me. Where exactly did he go? I cleared my throat and looked at the time on my wristwatch. It's about 12:34. At that time, I think of lunch instead of the meeting i am supposed to go right now. I think how alone i would be just sitting by myself as the other head ceo's talk. Then, all of a sudden Yoona pops in my head. I smiled just thinking of her. Maybe i should take her to lunch. She must've been hungry by now. It's been a while since this morning.

As soon as the elevator opens, I went to the opposite way heading towards Yoona's office. Iwas only a few steps away when I head a male voice. I stopped in my tracks and start to wonder. It's not him, right? I quickly walked through the door. I see Yoona at her desk eating something out of a container. Her eyes lifted off to look at me with shock. Then i looked at the eyes across her. So, it is him. It is Donghae. We met before. That's how I...

"Nichkhun. What are you doing here? Weren't you off to a meeting and then to Lunch?," Yoona said confused.

"I was going to ask you to Lunch and cancel the meeting. I'm not going."

"Uh.. I am sorry. I have lunch already. My friend here. Donghae. He provided me this homemade food."

Donghae looked at me and bowed," We met before at the ice skating rink. Remember?"

I nod," Ah, yes. When Yoona fell over."

Yoona spoke up," Oh, i remember. I almost forgot. I think i blurry remember you saving me." She smiled at me like always.

Donghae nodded his head," Well, i came here to give her some homemade food and to see her."

"Ah, Yoona. You like homemade food and not gourmet food?"

"Well.. homemade is made is love and time and doesn't cost much. Gourmet is how fancy it looks and how expensive it is." Yoona said taking a bite of the food she was eating.

"I see." I said disappointed by her answer. " Aren't i gourmet food?"

She panicked," Ah...uh... no that's not what i was trying to say. I mean you are a different. You aren't like that."

I laughed," Yoona, I was kidding. Anyways, Don't you have a girlfriend?"

Donghae looked at me confused in a way," Girlfriend...Oh! Hara. She is at a design thing.

Yoona suddenly stood up," Ah, Donghae! Hara's birthday is tomorrow. Don't forget. Get something she will like."

Donghae laughed slightly," I won't for your sake."

"Is she having a party?"I asked her.

Yoona shook her head," No. She told me she wanted to be alone with someone special. But she likes presents so give it to me to give to her tomorrow."

I nodded as leaned on her door.

I continue to look Yoona's way. She finishes her food and puts the container in a pink bag. Donghaetalks to her though. I stay there even though i have an urge to take her somewhere. 

Do i like her? Does she know? I can't even figure out myself. What should I do? 

"Yoona. I will see you later. ", i said leaving without knowing where to go to. 

(Donghae POv)

I turned my head to see Nichkhun leaving and i smiled knowing i was alone with Yoona. 

"So, Yoona are you finished with your work?," I asked her. 

She looked at me blank," For what?"

"I want to give Hara something and i need your help. "

"Oh," she said and paused. "Just get something from your heart. Something she would like. "

Yoona slightly smiled as she stood up to give me the pink bag with her. I noticed that behind her, she still had my jacket. I shook my head," Keep it. I got plenty. "

She nodded," Ok. Thanks. I like pink."

"Oh i know. I know you still. " I said. 

She went to sit back down but stopped," Do you want to go out for some coffee?"

I stand up and tilt my head towards the door. 

"What?" she asked confused. 

"Let's go. "

"Ah. You should've said that instead of nodding your head. " she complained. She grabbed her jacket and stood by me. She hit me softly and i pretend i am hurt.

"Ow! Why did you do that? No wonder you were called HIM Yoona!" I . 

"Donghae! You know i didn't hit you that hard.," she scoffed with a smile. 

I laughed," You hate that nickname? How about alligator yoong?"

Yoona rolled her eyes as she started to walk out the door and grabbing her phone along the way. I chuckled and it seem for that moment that it was when we were together. I followed behind her as we left the Sophie. 

(Author POV)

Nichkhun was in elevator and as the doors started closing he saw Yoona and Donghae play around and his expression turned into jealousy in a second. 

Meanwhile, Hara was in the car going to the company when she felt outside was a bit cold. She thought of coffee. 

"Hmm... let's go to Cafe Story. " She said to herself in the car. 

She smiled as she thought of Donghae. Maybe she should get him a cup of coffee. Plus her birthday was tomorrow. 

"I wonder what he will get me. Something dazzling?" she smiled wide. 

She drove on until she reached the coffee place. 

Yoona and Donghae were walking in the breezy air side by side each other. Donghae was wearing a black jacket and his hands were in his pockets. Yoona was wearing a white colored jacket but her hands were at her sides. They weren't talking at all until Donghae decided to liven up to mood.

"So, Yoona. Why did you decide to ask me to coffee?," He asked her as he looked straight ahead.

"Oh, i just thought. Us. Two friends who are kind of comfortable with each other could have some free time with each other. Like Coffee. Something Warm." She said over-explaining the situation.

"Ah, So you miss me as a friend?", He .

"Aish, i never said that. I said two friends. FreeTime. Coffee." She said smiling.

"i know. Don't have to be so serious.  What happened to Im choding?" He said ruffling her hair.

Yoona gave up and laughed," I am right here. Fishy Donghae."

"Hey! Do i really look like a fish, Deer Yoona?: He said laughing with her.

"I look a deer?" Yoona questioned herself jokingly.

"Nope.... a grandma Deer." He said nodding himself in agreement.

She hit him in the arm," You know i don't like that nickname. See? You made Him Yoona appear."

He chuckled quietly to himself," Your welcome."

They reached the Coffee place called Cafe Story. Donghae opened the glass door first and didn't let her in.

"Donghae! Open the door!" She shouted.

"Not until you admit that you miss me." He said teasing her. He really didn't expect her to say that to him.

" Fine. I miss you." She said like she was serious.

Donghae looked at her through the glass door and absolutely froze. He looked at her in shocked. 

"She looked so serious.", He thought in his head.

Yoona backtracked what she said and started to weakly laughed," Come on. Fishy. Let's go in. I'll buy you some coffee."

She grabbed the door open and dragged Donghae inside.

The cafe story was quiet but held the aroma of fresh coffee and cream. There was only a couple people surrounding them but overall quiet. Yoona and Donghae walked up to the front cashier and looked at the menu that held from above their heads,

"I will have the ice coffee. And..." Yoona said looking at Donghae for his order.

"I will have the regular coffee." Donghae replied.

"That will be 12.24 do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter