ღ 06 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Note **I updated the foreword with a trailer (or fmv whatever you want to call it) of Timeless Love

 

 

Yeri was struggling to put the book on the top of the shelf in the library. That's where she was supposed to put it but she couldn't reach due to her height.

A boy saw her as he formed a bright smile on his face. The boy approached Yeri and offered a help to Yeri, "Want me to help you?" The boy wanted to offer his help but turn out he couldn't reach it too, "It's pretty high up," He complained.

"It seems that you definitely need my help," A tall man appeared behind the two of them. Yeri startled to see her teacher there. Jungwoo grabbed the book from the boy's hand and put it on the shelf they couldn't reach before as if he's bragging about his height to the boy, "Hey, third year," He called out the boy infront of him as he crossed his arms, "Shouldn't you be in the classroom instead of here, when you're a third year? The CSAT exam is right around the corner,"

"I took the Soo-Shi exam instead, though," The boy answered.

Jungwoo rolled his eyes, "Exactly! So come here after you pass it,"

The boy mimicked his lips before he left the two of them behind in hurry. It's so obvious that the man hates his whole existence there.

Jungwoo grabbed the other book Yeri supposed to put on the shelf, "Where does this one go?" He asked with smile.

Yeri pointed out to the shelf beside the one her teacher helped her to put the book before. As Jungwoo put the book, his shoulders almost hit the petite girl whom standing beside him but Yeri managed to dodge it. Although, her heart was racing too fast at the moment, due to sudden closeness between her and the man.

"Oh, this book," Jungwoo grabbed another book on the stroller. The book he took of course, it would be, 'In Search of Lost Time' by Marcel Proust. The book the girl gave him 10 years ago, "I like this book," He said.

Yeri frowned, "Oh, this book?"

"Yeah," Jungwoo nodded his head, "I saw my first love reading it," He tried to read the expression on the girl's face, "That's why I started liking it,"

"I like that book, too," Yeri claimed. She forgot the fact that she told Jungwoo a few days ago that the book could make she sleeps within few pages she went through the book.

Jungwoo chuckled, "I knew you would,"

The little Jungwoo has been looking for Yeri everywhere, and there she is, with their homeroom teacher, "Our friends are going to the school store," Jungwoo disrupted their conversation. Jungwoo passed a glare to his teacher before he swifted his eyes to Yeri and smiled, "Want to come?" He asked the girl.

Yeri was hesitating for a while but she agreed with him, "Sure, okay," She said. She gave a slight bow to the man infront of her while Jungwoo just walk away without even take a look at the man.

Jungwoo looked at the two of them walking away with a smile plastered on his face. But now, he knows everything. When he goes back to the time when we're 28 years old. He will be able to tell her then, won't he? That he liked her, too? And that he still likes her now. He put the book in his hand on the same shelf.

ღ-ღ-ღ

He is finally home after a day he spent in the office room. Jungwoo closed the door behind him as he takes off his shoes and put it at the entrance of his small room yet a comfy one. He was about to go through his clothes when he saw something fell off from one of his coat.

He bent his body to take the newspaper laid on the floor. Jungwoo scanned the newspaper that he brought from the future.

'Female Doctor in Her 20s Hit, Killed by Drunk Driver'

His eyes' widened and his hand shaking as he read it word by word. The newspaper he held, escaped from his hand and slowly fell onto the floor. Jungwoo lost his words including his whole sane. Tears started to flow out from his round eyes and he brought himself into the dreamland in that state.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo was sitting alone in the class, have his seat at Yeri's place, staring at the empty class with only silent accompanied him. The newspaper is still with him, that he couldn't afford to leave it behind as the news written on it, feels too real for him.

He read the same news over and over again, but there's no possibilities it could be change now. He's in the past, and the girl is in future. They're close yet so far from each other; from reality.

"That was the day that we met up," He mumbled as the tears slowly forming in his eyes, again, "After she met up with me, she got into that accident," He paused, "If I had stopped you on that day. If I had done something more than just stare at you walk away,"

"If we're meant to be in each others' lives it definitely is for a bad reason,"

"If I'd only known why you said something like that. Would things have been different, then?" He crumpled the newspaper as he let the tears in his eyes running down to his cheeks before it fell on the girl's table, "So, even if I go back you're no longer there?"

"선생님 (Mr. Kim)?" A voice woke him up from all the bad dream he had at that moment. "선생님 (Mr. Kim), what are you doing there?" He wiped the tears he had on his face before he turned around to see the girl whom standing not too far from him.

The man frowned, "Why did you come to school so early today?" He asked.

Yeri put both of her hand on her bag, "Today is Sport Day," She took off her bag from her shoulders, "And I'm representing our class in the biggest event, so I need to warm up my body a little," Yeri put her bag on Jungwoo's table.

"It's not like you're competing in the Olympics," Jungwoo scold the girl, "This isn't even a big deal so why did you come here so early?" He complained.

Yeri chuckled as her teacher nagged her, "I can't let our class lose because of me," She explained, "Oh yes. Eat this, 선생님 (Mr. Kim)," She took out a tupperware from her bag, "I packed myself breakfast and packed some for you, too," Yeri gave it to the man infront of her, "I figured you probably didn't take your dinner since you're staying in the Night Duty Room," She claimed and Jungwoo took it without he realized, "I'm pretty much to be married off now, right?" A smile plastered on her beautiful face, "The person who will end up marrying me later truly is blessed!" The girl exclaimed, "Right?"

Jungwoo couldn't pay attention to the girl's words as he was busy staring at her face knowing that if he ever went back to the future, the girl wouldn't be there, waiting for him anymore. There's nothing to look forward if he ever travels to the future again.

"I will go first," Yeri took out her sport attire and was about to left the class when she heard her teacher mumbled on weird things.

"I will do anything I possibly can," He said, "And I will definitely do my best to stop that from happening," He promised to the girl and to himself as well.

Yeri furrowed her eyebrows, "Pardon?"

Jungwoo put his right hand on the girl's head as he slowly caressed her hair, "Just like you said, whoever ends up marrying you is really blessed," 

The girl smiled, "Of course," She bowed a little to the man before left the class to change her attire. Yeri put her hand on her chest as if she's trying to ask her heart to calm down and not freaking out; or jumping out from her body now. 

The man stared at the tupperware the girl gave him. He was about to left the class just like the girl did when he accidentally hit the girl's bag causing her things to fall onto the floor. Jungwoo picked up the notebook he saw laying down on the floor and there's a picture coming out from the book.

He takes a look at the picture and frowned to see a little girl holding a rabbit plushie with a boy in school uniform beside her. He looked at the nametage the boy wore, the name written there would be, Kim Heechul. He turned the photo around and he could see a note at the back of the photo, "With my older brother?" As far as he remembered, Yeri doesn't have any other siblings. But what was this picture could mean then? "But Yeri is the only child," 

ღ-ღ-ღ

It was a scorching hot summers day: perfect for a day at the school. The sky was dotted with a few candy-floss clouds. The students had all of it done before the event begin. The chairs were in it place, the presents were already stacked at the corner of the field waiting for the future winner to pick it up and all the students were already sit around the field to watch the intense competition between the classes and their friends.

"Want me to apply it on you?" Saeron asked his boyfriend, Doyoung who has a furrowed eyebrows because he couldn't stand the sun that was directed to him.

Doyoung slowly shook his head, "I don't wear those thing," He simply answered. Since there's Jaehyun behind them, he needs to watch his behaviour so that they won't get caught by him. It will be really annoying if Jaehyun ever knows that Saeron and him is actually in a relationship.

"You will get uglier if you don't put this on your face," Saeron rolled her eyes as she slowly applied the suncream she had in her hand onto the boy's face.

As usual, Jaehyun would be the third person between them, "Saeron, apply it on me too," He asked the girl infront of him.

Doyoung passed a glare to the boy, "Don't you dare," He muttered the word as he looked at Saeron.

The girl simply rolled her eyes, "I am so sorry Jaehyun. I'm afraid that you might get infection because this hand already touched him," She pointed out to Doyoung, "We couldn't sacrifice your flawless face for someone like him," The girl .

Jaehyun frowned, "You're right," He agreed with the girl's words.

"Yah, Kim Saeron," Doyoung scoffed.

ღ-ღ-ღ

The event starts by doing some warming up; an aerobic together with all of the students. Whether they joined the game or not, they have to do it. It's just a simple warming up and it's like a ritual at the school before starting the real event soon.

The first game of the day would be basketball. Jungwoo's speciality. To be honest, no one could beat Jungwoo in the school when it comes to basketball, he's a truly ace at the school. Jungwoo managed to take the ball into the goal post within a minute the game started.

One goal to two goal. Then, he will be adding another goal. His hand couldn't stop throwing the ball into the goal post until the referees finally blows his whistle to end the game. Jungwoo's class easily get points for the first game.

For the next game, Yeri will be the one whom going to play, Jungwoo was sitting on the bench near the field while having his mind wandered around thinking about the picture he saw before. He was sure that Yeri was definitely an only child. But who's the boy in the picture where she claimed him as an older brother?

"쌤 (Mr. Kim), we're definitely going to get first place," A boy who was sitting beside him disturbed him, "Are you going to treat our class to anything if we win?" Jaehyun asked. Jungwoo unconsciously took out his wallet from the pocket of his sweater and passed it to the boy.

"So, Yeri has an older brother?" He mumbled alone as he stands up. By now, he knows he needs to do something if he wanted to know the truth behind the picture.

Jungwoo spent his time in the office room instead of watching his students down there. He scrolled over Yeri's high school profile and he has been checking it for thousand of times, only her father name and her mother name is there at the family section, "That photo was taken back in elementary school, right?" He muttered.

He clicked on the elementary school option to take a look at her profile by that time. His eyes widened to see something odd on her profile. It has been listed in the siblings section that she has an older brother until the 3rd year but starting from 4th year, it's written that she's on the only child. What on earth happened? Jungwoo had those in his mind.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Finally, it's the game of the day. The three-legged race. Jungwoo was hella nervous as he tightened the cloth around their feet, "You're sti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter