ღ 22 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The next day, Jungwoo woke up early and take a walk around the hospital. From a far, he could see a basketball court and his lips automatically moved slightly upwards, forming a small smile. 

He looked around and could see a basketball laying on the ground. Jungwoo took the basketball and quickly aimed it to the goal post infront of him. He used his unbroken arm to throw the ball but obviously he didn't feel uncomfortable because of it. He tried to throw the ball into the goal post but failed.

Obviously, he would fail... He heaved a sigh of frustration as he looked at his broken arm.

ღ-ღ-ღ

While at the other side, Yeri was sitting along at the park in the hospital area while having her eyes locked on the book in her hand titled, 'In The Search of Lost Time'. She put the book aside and took out her phone from the pocket before unlocked it.

She opened the message she received a while ago sent by Jungwoo, 

"We will meet on 7pm at Garam Island Bar. I'll be waiting for you,"

Yeri was thinking so hard on the relevant she should be there tonight. Well, it's a lie if she said she didn't miss her friends but then she knows they're probably still mad at her because of the things happened in past. 

As she was having some thoughts on the matter, someone called her. Taeyong's name appeared on the screen,

"Yes?" Yeri answered the call.

"Did you know?"

The woman frowned, "Know what?"

"Infront of me right now are two plates, two sets of knives and forks and there are two wine glasses here, too. But I'm super lonely and all alone here,"

Yeri chuckled to his words,

"If you don't come, I'll light the candles, clap and sing by  myself. And I'll take a photo while I cry and I'll send you that photo every day until my birthday next year. I bet you'll feel so, so bad. Right?"

Yeri let out a small laugh, "So, where are you now?" She asked and startled when a ball rolled to her legs, "Just a moment, Taeyong," She said when she saw the boy named Deokgoo stood not too far from her with a smile plastered on his face, "I will call you back," She ended the call abruptly. The woman stood up, get ready to scold the boy,

"What are you doing, with that arm?"

"Do you want me to lend you an ear?" Jungwoo said, totally ignoring her question, "That's my speciality," He claimed.

Yeri furrowed her eyebrows, "What?"

"You look like you need someone to lend you an ear right now," 

The woman crouched down and took the ball on the ground, "Right now, what I'm worried about is a high school-aged patient who won't listen to his attending physician," She said, "Also, I didn't know there were doctors who got consultations from patients," She passed the ball towards the boy back; it looked like something that happened 10 years ago.

"Then... be my friend instead," Jungwoo said as his eyes shifted towards the goal post behind him, "If I get this in, will you be my friend?" He asked the woman infront of him. He threw the ball into the goal post. Surprisingly, he succeed in doing that, like there's a miracle helping him at the moment.

And damn, it really reminds of Yeri to the first meeting she had with Jungwoo back then...

ღ-ღ-ღ

The two of them were having a really good times talking to each other, "So... you're not dating that doctor, right?" Jungwoo asked for a confirmation from the woman after he asked on stuff regarding her relationship with the male doctor named Taeyong.

"I told you, no!" Yeri answered with a wide smile plastered on her face as she felt entertain with the question thrown by the boy to her, "He's just a senior who's like an older brother to me,"

Jungwoo startled upon listening to her words, "I know a little about brother-sister relationships but there aren't any big brothers who make such aggressive moves!" He exclaimed.

"He does that to all women," Yeri explained, "And it's because I know that, that I'm tolerant of it," She said and lowered her head as she smiled, "But why am I telling you about these things?" She found it's weird on how she could feel so close with the boy within a day she knows him.

Jungwoo gave a solution to her problem instead of answering her question, "Then, what's the problem? You can just go and meet up with your friends," He told her, "Hasn't it been ten years?" Yeri didn't look like she's happy with his solution, "Is it because of my teacher, by any chance?" He carefully asked.

"It's just that it's been ten years now," She said, "What's the point in seeing them now? When ten years go by, feelings and memories grow quite faint," Yeri paused, looking at the boy, "I'm sure you don't quite know that yet, though," She ended her words before she stood up, "Shall we head in now?" Yeri asked the boy and started walking but a word coming out from Jungwoo's lips stopped her,

"You're lying," The boy said with the book she brought before in his hand. Yeri slowly turned her head around looking at the boy, "You wanted to see them," Jungwoo flipped the book, "And even now... you want to see them," He claimed, "I heard this book is perfect for reading when you can't fall asleep," Jungwoo made a statement. But little thing he didn't realize, it startled the woman because that's exactly the same things she told Jungwoo, 10 years ago about the book, "So, I don't think you would've read a book like this so intently," He took out the picture she put between the pages of the book, "The thing you were looking at intently was something else, right?" Jungwoo had his eyes locked on the picture of 5 of them in his hand.

Yeri totally felt speechless with all the things the boy said because most of them are true. No, it's not even most. All of them, to be honest. Both of their eyes met each other and Jungwoo passed a really an asuuring smile towards her. He stood up before he continued his words, "If you feel awkward and shy about seeing them after ten years. I'll be the center of attention instead," He said.

"What?"

"You were quite surprised when you first met me because you said that I look just like my teacher when he was young," Jungwoo explained, "So, if you go with me, they'll all be too busy staring at me," He stopped, trying to read the woman's facial expression before he lent his hand out, "Let's go together to do what you really want to do,"

Yeri didn't know why but she felt safe with the boy around her. Though, he's only a boy, but then, she felt like it has been a long time since she knows him. Plus, all the things he has been saying... it's all sounds familiar to her.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Saeron slammed the glass she had on the table with her furious expression. Doyoung tried to liften up the mood by maintaining the smile he had on his face. Both of Jaehyun and Jungwoo looked at Saeron with a really worried expression as they know how would the woman acted when she's angry.

"So," She glared towards her husband infront of him, "You ended up submitting your letter of resignation, after all?" Saeron asked with not a little bit smile could be found on her face.

Doyoung nodded his head with the slight smile. On the other side, Jungwoo started to take everything infront of Saeron away because he knows where would this lead them to. Jaehyun also helped him in removing the stuff along with the man.

"You know that the first character in the word, 'letter of resignation' means 'death', right?" Saeron asked as the first thing she could reach is the tissue she used before. She threw it towards Doyoung, "What you're saying right now is that you want to die by my hand, right?" She kept reaching other stuff and kept throwing to the man. It's until she held the wooden tissue box and Jungwoo knows he needs to stop the woman.

While Jaehyun put a glass of beer infront of Saeron, "I tried to stop him. I really did," He suddenly said.

"I will really try hard," Doyoung said after staying quiet for a while, "So just give me a chance. Just once, please?" He hoped that Saeron would loosen a little bit after he saw his assuring smile telling her, to not worry about anything and trust him. Just like what she did, once ago when Doyoung said he wanted to make her as his wife.

Jaehyun then lifted up the device he used for his facial care and started to move it around his face, "What is that?" Jungwoo scoffed looking at his friend's weird behaviour, "I thought you were done with your shoot! Get that out of here!"

"No, I can't!" Jaehyun insisted, "I need to maintain my looks even more on my down time!" He said, "It's great for your skin. Want to try it too?" He passed the device towards Jungwoo but the man quickly shook.

"Get thet out of my face,"

Then, Jaehyun reminded of something Saeron told him, "Oh yeah, I heard you invited one more person," He made a statement, "Who is it?"

Jungwoo took a peek at his wrist watch that striked 30 minutes past seven in the evening. He clearly told the woman that they would be here on 7 pm though. He sighed.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Yeri was standing outside the bar and was contemplating on whether she should go inside the bar or not. She had a really hard time on deciding the things she should do at the moment. She really wanted to see them, but then she was afraid that they might still have hard feelings on her; especially Saeron.

She put her hand on the handle of the door and let out a sigh as she realized she could never see them anymore. No, she got no courage to do that. Yeri slowly put her hand down and turned around just to see there's someone who was standing behind her. She lifted her head up and could see the boy was looking at her with a smile.

Jungwoo stared into Yeri's eyes, "You came all this way," He said, "So, it'd be a shame to just leave now," He claimed. The boy pushed the door and went inside the bar with the woman infront of him. 

Yeri took a really nervous step forwards and finally reached where the guys were sitting at. All of them were literally shocked to see Yeri; Saeron choked over her drink, Jaehyun had his mouth wide opened, and Doyoung, well, he looked the normal one here. And Jungwoo? He had the widest smile plastered on his face. He glad that Yeri made the decision to come here.

But then, his smile slowly faded away when he saw someone coming from behind of the woman. 

It's him. His younger self. Another Kim Jungwoo is here as well.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Taeyong was sitting alone at the restaurant he booked before for his birthday. He heard from the doctor in the hospital that this restaurant served the best food so he deicded to choose it for his birthday celebration.

He was waiting patiently for Yeri when suddenly a message came in,

"I'm sorry, Taeyong. I don't think I can come today. Happy birthday,"

A message from Yeri broke his heart into pieces....

He was actually planning to confess his feelings towards Yeri for the second time today, after the last one in high school back then...

Taeyong was planning to propose Yeri on his birthday.

And now, it will only stay in his imagination.

ღ-ღ-ღ

"Ow! Wait, that hurts!" The boy whined when the man brutally drag him while putting his hand on Jungwoo's broken arm.

He rolled his eyes, "Are you out of your mind? Have you lost it?" The man scolded the boy for being here. He shouldn't add any other problems to him if he's going to stay here, "How could you come here?"

"My guardian is here, and I'm not even wearing my school uniform!" Jungwoo thought the man was mad because he came to bar when obviously he's underaged. He thought that's the reason. But obviously, it wasn't, "So there's no reason that I can't come,"

Jungwoo clenched his fist as he passed his mad expression to the boy, "I'm not talking about that!" He shouted, startled the innocent boy, "Didn't you see the look on their faces earlier?"

"Well, they fell for our lie, and they think I'm your relative," The boy with a smile on his face, "But, wow. Our friends havent's changed at all," He made a statement, "It's seriously so amazing!" The last time, he only saw Saeron but this time, he could see Doyoung and Jaehyun as well which made him hella excited!

"When we go back in there, keep your mouth shut as much as you can. And don't say you any useless things, got it?"

The boy nodded his head and made a gesture as if he zipped his mouth; as a sign that he will refrain himself from talking.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Doyoung initiated the conversation between the four of them, "I heard that you became a doctor," He said, "but I didn't know that you came back here," 

"It hasn't been a long time since I came back here," Yeri tried to look friendly as hard as possible but Saeron wouldn't help her to do that.

Saeron with her arms crossed as she glared towards the woman, she said, "You sure have a way with surprising people when you leave, and when you come,"

Doyoung nudged the woman slowly, "Don't be like that," He said. They're already changed the position in sitting when Yeri and little Jungwoo arrived. Doyoung who was originally sit infront of Saeron, now was already sitting beside his wife. Saeron scoffed and hit the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter