ღ 29 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

[2008]

Jungwoo was in the bus, waiting for his stop to go back to his house after school. He was lazily looking outside when his eyes suddenly wandered around and thought about the past, before it fell on the seat where Yeri sat before. That's where Jungwoo fell in love with Yeri for the first time.

He pressed on the bell when he arrived his stop and took off from the bus. He walked for about 5 minutes before he reached his house. As he took a step in passing the gate, Jungwoo could hear someone was crying; more like wailing inside the house.

That sound managed to make he thinks for a while. Jane still at school since she has an extra class, then the one who could be at home right now is Wendy. He hurried himself and go inside the house just to see Wendy was already drowning in tears as she held onto a handbag.

"What's wrong?" He asked the woman.

Wendy was still sobbing, "I got this back not too long ago and they told me that this was mum's," She claimed as the tears dripping down her cheeks, "I have to reorganize all of her things... but I can't do it!" She's wailing back, "Mum!" 

Jungwoo went to behind of his sister as he pulled the woman into a hug and slowly tapping her shoulders in hope it could calm her down a little bit, "I'll do it," He told as he bit his lower lips; trying to hold back the tears, "I'll do it," Jungwoo insisted.

As soon as Wendy managed to calm herself down, Jungwoo took the bag into his room and closed the door behind him. He took a sit on his bed and stared into the handbag. He might look strong infront of his older sister, but now he's alone in the room, he couldn't help from bursting into tears,

"Who got your bag all dirty like this?" He complained before he hugged it. Jungwoo then opened the bag and started to take out the stuff in it one by one, from wallet.... "This is my citizen ID," He frowned, "Why did she have two of them?"

Jungwoo continuedly digging the bag just to find two pieces of same ticket. He rubbed his eyes to get a clear view, "If this ticket is the one that Yeri gave her..." He stuttered, "then, what's this?" Jungwoo was questioning the fact that there's two tickets in the bag.

An idea came across his mind but then... it's almost impossible.

ღ-ღ-ღ

[2018]

Jungwoo was in hurry searching for something because there's a thing that across his mind. As if his younger self did something and change the past he had that triggered him. He took out the box located under the study table and lifted it up before put it on the table. He opened the lid, took the bag in it and opened the zip before digging the bag just like the past,

And like the past, he found the two ID cards and also two tickets, "This is mine," He muttered.

ღ-ღ-ღ

[2008]

Jungwoo wiped the tears when he heard someone opened the door. Wendy took a peek inside his room before she took a step forward, "But you know... on the day of Mum's accident, you didn't get a call from her?"

"A call? But mum didn't take her phone with her that day, though,"

Wendy furrowed, "When I went to go pick this up before, I watched the CCTV footage because I wanted to see her one last time," She explained, "And mum was on the phone,"

"Really?" Jungwoo asked, "I didn't get a call though," He insisted.

"Who was it, then?" Wendy muttered alone before she nodded her head and leave the room.

As soon as Wendy left, Jungwoo wanted to continue sort out some things before he remembered something. About the voice message he got. He thought that it's just a spam message but to think about it again...

It might came from his mother somehow since his sister mentioned about it.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Like a magic the two Jungwoo held the phone as they clicked on the voice message. They put the phone towards their ears, though it's a different timeline, it's still the same message,

"Jungwoo. It's mum. And 선생님 (Mr. Kim). Wait, no. Not 선생님 (Mr. Kim). You're my Jungwoo, aren't you? You were quite sad because I didn't recognize you, weren't you?"

Jungwoo's eyes got teary upon that words, so she knew it...

"I have no idea... how you came all the way back here, after becoming an adult. I'm dumb, so no matter how many time I think about it, I can't think of how this could have happened. But...  thinking about it now.. this must have been... a gift to me, from the heavens,"

Jungwoo, too, was already having tears running down his cheeks,

"A gift showing me that... my children grew up to become fine adults even after I like this. In my eyes, Jungwoo, you're still my baby. But this was a gift that is making my heart rest at ease and allowing me to go in peace since you've grown up to be such a fine adult. So... right now... I'm not scared at all. And I'm not worried in the slightest. Who could ever ask for anything more? Right?"

The two Jungwoo couldn't help but let themselves drowning in sea of tears,

"Also, Jungwoo. You remember the problem that you and I discussed at my shop while we drank soju together? I think I found the answer already. You know, about why the girl you like was so cruel to you after seeing you for the first time in ten years. I think I must have wanted to send her to you last time, too. Just like now,"

The reality hit both of them,

"So if you meet her again be sure to tell her that it wasn't bad luck that you two met again but rather, that it was fate. Tell her that your mum held your hand tight and created this opportunity for you two to be together,"

...

"My Seungwan, my Jane and my Jungwoo. The thing about happiness is that you need to hold onto it tightly with your own hands for you to keep it by your side. So don't let it slip through your fingers... so you have to hold onto it tightly and live happily, okay? As much as... my love for three of you,"

There's no words could describe how big the sacrification their mum did for the sake of her son's future. And Jungwoo finally realized he couldn't blame himself nor Yeri for the things that happened. 

It's all something that we called fate.

It's a fate when Jungwoo met Yeri. It's a fate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter