ღ 14 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

As soon as Jungwoo was done with cleaning his stuff on the desk in the office room, he quickly went downstairs with only a brown box in both of his hand. He thought it's better if he leave as fast as he could so that he wouldn't bump into any of his students.

He was walking across the field infront of the school buildings when he suddenly reminds of something that little Jungwoo said to him yesterday, "What?" He scoffed, "See who before I go, now?" He quietly shook his head, "He's like a mouse who's considerate of the cat," Jungwoo claimed.

But then, suddenly he could hear a really familiar voice calling for him. He turned around but there's no one. He kept his eyes busy looking to the left and right and there's still no people around him. His mind wandered around to his first meeting with the girl when he reached here,

"What if I do that and end up not wanting to leave, forever? What is he planning to do then?" He realized his stupid action that was leading to the changes of future might bring harm to himself for forever, "Let's go back," He told himself,

Because Yeri will definitely be there waiting for him. Because this definitely won't be the last time that he will see her. Because he will be able to see her again.

He made up his mind that he needs to leave. For everyone good sake. Jungwoo let out a deep sigh as he turned his body around to continue his journey leaving the school but turn out someone was already blocking his way.

The girl was having the same expression she had when they meet for the first time in 10 years. There's too many mixed feelings come in together that it's almost impossible for him to describe it by words.

And. Jungwoo feel bad. He feels bad that he needs to witness the same expression again. Was his decision to leave is really a right decision? He started to doubt it.

Yeri decreased her distance with the man as she looked at him with her two sad eyes, "선생님 (Mr. Kim)," She pouted, "Are you really quitting?"

Jungwoo put his box down before he talked to the girl, "So, Kim Jungwoo told you, huh?" Well, he could at least expect that. Since, Jungwoo is still him. If Jungwoo is the little Jungwoo 10 years ago, he would still do the same. Because they're the same person.

"By any chance," She smacked her lips, clearing , "Is it because of me?" Yeri asked, "Is it because I make you feel uncomfortable, and--,"

Jungwoo lightly hit the girl's forehead, "Look at you, saying unnecessary things again!" He sighed, "It's just that something came up so I'm leaving without much prior notice, is all," Jungwoo explained.

"Where are you going?" Yeri kept asking questions, "This won't be the last time I see you, right?" Her eyes were still like before, a pair of sad eyes.

The man smiled upon her question, "Let's make a promise," He said, "to meet again one day, for sure," He slowly reached his hand to the girl as he put it on the girl's hair and slowly caressed it.

Yeri looked like she was unhappy by the small gestures by the man. Why he needs to do this if he's going to leave soon? Why must he kept playing with her heart? It's unfair.

"There's one final thing that I wanted to say to you," Jungwoo said, "Sometimes, you can be wrong or misguided when it comes to your own feelings. And so, you can end up deceiving yourself," His lips curved upwards, "But," Jungwoo brought his hand to where his heart located at, "this part of you never lies," He told the girl that was standing infront of him, "So look deep into your heart and figure out who it is that you truly like. Because, when you do," He put his hand back on his chest, "this part of you, right here, will send you a signal,"

The girl went speechless with all the things the man rambled just now. What exactly he wanted to say to her? Suddenly the man lent out his hand, to have a hand shake with her, "Thanks for everything up until now," He said.

And there's Yeri who was trying so hard to hold back her tears so that she wouldn't look like a crybaby infront of the man. She let out a silent sigh before she finally grabbed his hand.

Jungwoo smiled. Thanks for liking me. I mean it. Thanks so much. He had those words lingered in his mind because he knows he shouldn't talk that words out loud. Never. He should never do that, "You need to take care of yourself till we meet again," He said and slowly loosen the grip he had on the girl's hand.

The man bent his back to take the box that was on the ground and lifted it up. He sighed before he took a step, and more steps away from the girl. Thank you. Really. Thank you. Thank you. He didn't know that he would be thanking the girl a lot in his past life. Just solely because she likes him. Which is the feelings he could never feel 10 years ago.

Yeri looked at the man's back as he walked away from her. All the things she has been telling the man crossed her mind, as if there's a replay button in her head. All the tears she has been showing to the man, truly making her to be nothing but just another weak girl infront of him.

"Sometimes, you can be wrong or misguided when it comes to your own feelings. And so, you can end up deceiving yourself. But this part of you never lies. So look deep into your heart and figure out who it is that you truly like. Because, when you do his part of you, right here, will send you a signal,"

The girl slowly brought her hand towards her chest and feel her heart condition at that moment.

And. It's hurt.

ღ-ღ-ღ

"You quit your job at the school?" The woman asked the man who was walking beside her.

Jungwoo whom having a basket full with the ingredients that the woman bought for her restaurant today answered, "That's why I'm wandering around like this today," He said, "So this is what an unemployed person's afternoon is like? It's nice,"

"Oh, come on," The woman complained, "Your mind will just start wandering since you'll be bored with nothing to do," She claimed, "There's nothing good about that,"

He chuckled, "I was always really busy, ever since I graduated high school. I had to work at part-time jobs while attending school," Jungwoo explained, "Then I went to the military, graduated, and got a job," He took a deep breath before continued with his words, "It's the first time I have ever relaxed on a weekday afternoon like this,"

"Wow,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter