ღ 20 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

They're still like before, having their eyes on each other when suddenly it started to rain. Jungwoo quickly opened his umbrella and put the woman infront of him under the same umbrella as him. It feels like things happened 10 years ago, occur again but this time, it's Jungwoo who put up the umbrella for her.

Jungwoo passed the ring he took before to the woman, "Here," 

"Sorry," Yeri said when she couldn't take her eyes off from the boy, "It's just that you look so much like my friend," She claimed as she brought her head down. Yeri sighed and was about to leave when the boy suddenly grabbed her arms, stopped her from moving anywhere further.

The boy gathered some courage to continue talking to her, "It's raining," He said. And Yeri was already lost in his eyes. Why does she felt like she knows this eyes so well? His pair of eyes also gave her the same stare Jungwoo used to give her 10 years ago. And even his voice... Yeri didn't know how to explain by words on what she felt right now.

Jungwoo ended up sending Yeri to the place she wanted to go. Both of them walked under the rain, with the same umbrella. Yeri constantly shifted her eyes on the boy who was walking beside him and Jungwoo found it's awkward, "We're here," Yeri said when they finally arrived at the hospital, "It's that hospital over there," She claimed and Jungwoo looked at the hospital placed not too far from them.

"Why... are we at the hospital?" Jungwoo asked as he had no idea why she should be here.

Yeri smiled upon his question as she found it's cute, "That's where I work, I'm a doctor, you see," She said.

"A doctor," Jungwoo muttered, "That suits you well," He claimed.

"They've even built a hospital here now," She said, "This place sure has changed a lot,"

Jungwoo frowned upon her last statement, "Is this the first time in a while that you have come here?"

"It has been ten years,"

The boy furrowed his eyebrows, "Ten... years?" He asked.

Yeri nodded her head, "I lived here briefly when I was in high school but this is the first time I came here after I left for study abroad," Jungwoo couldn't believe his ears. So she did end up leaving to study abroad back then, after all? He had those words in his mind. Suddenly, Yeri phone rang and she answered it, "I am already at the front of the hospital," She told the caller, "Taeyong," She ended the call when she saw someone was approaching them. Taeyong came with an umbrella in his hand, "Why did you come out here when I told you that I'm already here?" Yeri asked.

"I have been waiting outside since it started raining," Taeyong claimed, "Who's this?" His eyes fell on the unfamiliar figure beside Yeri.

"Well... um..." Jungwoo tried to answer his question but he's too confuse at the moment that there's no words could help him.

Yeri answered it on his behalf, "He shared his umbrella with me since it's raining," She said.

"Oh," Taeyong said and Yeri immediately changed her place from the boy's umbrella to Taeyong's and Jungwoo totally feel offended by it, "Where have you been? Did you meet up with your friends from back in high school, or something?" The man asked.

She smiled as she shook her head, "I haven't talked to any of them in the past ten years, after all," She said causing the boy to frown even more.

"What about that friend from back at the hospital?"

"That was the first time that I'd seen Jungwoo in ten years, too," She claimed and Jungwoo really felt that he has been betrayed by his own self. How could he lie to him on this matter? How could he say that everything is okay between them when it's not? And who the hell is the guy beside her? Yeri turned her attention to the boy after talking, "Thank you for the umbrella,"

Jungwoo startled, "Sure," He simply answered before the two of them leave him behind and walked into the hospital.

ღ-ღ-ღ

"We have no time, Marty. We're on a tight schedule, here! Tell me about the future. I mean, I know I make it big, but what do I..."

Jungwoo was watching a movie on time travel when the boy came home, "Oh, hey! You're back?" He was excited to see his younger self but sadly, the feelings weren't mutual, "You know, I thought about it and I think we need to try near a body of water," The boy still gave a silent treatment towards the man, "I'm talking about you returning to the past!" Jungwoo exclaimed when the boy kept quiet, "Where should we go first? The ocean?" He thought some more places, "Firefly Bridge!"

"I'm not going back," Sudden words from Jungwoo startled the man.

He frowned,  "What?"

Jungwoo looked at the man who was sitting on the sofa, "I said, I'm not going back!" He stern with his words. He grinted his teeth and scoffed before he went inside the room and wrapped himself under the blanket.

The man followed him into the room and shook the body that was under the blanket, "Hey, what are you talking about? You said you were going back, so how could you change your mind now?" He asked the boy.

"You were the one who lied first!" Jungwoo sat up and looked at the man with a furious expression.

"About what?"

"You said things were going well," Jungwoo started to complain, "Oh. So you call falling out of touch with someone for ten years 'doing well'?" He scoffed, "And another thing! Why didn't you tell me that Yeri would be leaving to study abroad when I go back?"

"Who said that, huh? Who?"

"Yeri said it!" Jungwoo shouted, "She said it with her own mouth!"

Jungwoo furrowed both of his eyebrows, "You... met with Yeri?" He asked, "Yeri is here right now?" Instead of answering the man's question, Jungwoo buried his body under the blanket back, "Hey! Hey, wake up!" The man started to shake the boy's body, "Yeri didn't recognize you? Yeri didn't say anything?" He started to get anxious, "Hey,"

"Ugh, damn it," Jungwoo silently cursed under the blanket.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Yeri was settling up herself in the new place she would stay. As she was tidying up her stuff, she came across the book that has always been with her since forever. She opened the book and took out the picture that she put in there. Yeri stared into her picture and it suddenly reminds her of the boy she met earlier.

The woman did ask for his name but the boy just replied that later he will tell her. And she was wondering, will she ever see the boy again, though they live in the same place now. But then, more she looked at the picture, there's too much resemblance that she couldn't explain, "How can he looks so similar to him?" Yeri muttered alone.

She took out the ring she kept in her coat and stared at it before she heaved a sigh.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo woke up earlier for the next morning and prepared a breakfast for the whole family. But Jane was already in Seoul, and Wendy, probably went out for a date with Taemin though. He was having his meal when the man appeared infront of him, "Do you think I would change my mind when you made all of these?" The man said as he took a sit infront of his younger self.

The boy rolled his eyes, "Don't eat it then," He was about to take the bowl of rice infront of the man away but he stopped him.

"Hey, whoa," Jungwoo put back the bowl on the table, "Hey," He sighed, "What are you even going to do here, if you don't go back?" Jungwoo asked.

"I never said that I was going to do anything," The boy answered, "I just... need some time. I'm sick of being separated from people when I haven't prepared myself for it and not being able to see people ever again," He confessed, "At the very least, I can see Yeri here. Even if she's 28 years old right now," Jungwoo continued chewing on his food.

As it's like the man fell into the boy's spell, "I almost said yes to it," He freaked out, "No, no, no," He tried to bring back his sanity, "Hey, Kim Jungwoo. Let's think about this logically for a second,"

"What do you mean?"

"The reason Yeri didn't recognize you was because you got lucky," Jungwoo explained, "I came from the future. But you came from the past, so all of our friends will recognize you," He claimed, "Think about Jaehyun, Doyoung, and Saeron! How will y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter