ღ 18 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Jungwoo came out from his room to see his older sister was preparing the memorial table for their mother, "What are you doing?" He asked.

"I couldn't even do the rites for mum because of what happened to you today," Wendy claimed, "It's soju and chicken. I want her to have it, since she liked these things,"

He frowned, "We already... did the rites for the mum, though," 

Wendy has probably giving up with her brother's weird behaviour, "What are you talking about?" She stood up with a tray in her hand, "They said that you weren't injured at all, so what's with you?" She asked, "Today's mum's death anniversary and we were planning to do the rites today!" Wendy exclaimed, "Pull yourself together, already!" She left to kitchen as soon as she said that.

"Today," Jungwoo furrowed both of his eyebrows, "is the anniversary of mum's death?"

The day that he went back to the past was on the night of mum's death anniversary. And the day the he came back was during the day, on the anniversary of mum' s death. And so, that day disappeared and he's re-living this day.

"One thing has changed, at least," He looked at the clock hanging against the wall, "There's a few hours' difference," Jungwoo was about to let out a sigh of relief but he reminded of something that he read on the newspaper about Yeri's accident, "Yeri's accident. That definitely happened tonight,"

ღ-ღ-ღ

Yeri had finally done with her operation today. She could feel that her whole body is aching due to the 8 hours of surgery, "It's the ER," Her friend got a message from the device provided by the hospital.

"Oh, I will go," Yeri said.

But her friend name Sooyoung quickly stopped her by holding onto her wrist, "It's fine, I will go," Sooyoung claimed, "You haven't even slept for 10 hours this week. Did you know that?" She sighed, "You're always a workaholic but why are you even harder on yourself every year when February comes around?" She was really curious about that, "At any rate, I'll go. So you go and get some rest," She said, "I will get yelled at by Doctor Lee again, saying I make you do all the work," Sooyoung complained, "I'll be going now," She left her behind in instant.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo was driving his car, heading towards Yeri's hospital. He was praying so hard at the moment that he could at least change the future, only for this. Mum, please help me so that I'm not helpless to do anything again and that I don't have to live with the same regrets again. Please, help me! He had those words in his mind.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Yeri was sitting alone in her office room. She looked at the calendar on her table before her eyes fell on the book; she opened the book and closed it back immediately. Then, her attention turned to the ring around her  fingers. She felt the need of taking off the ring but she failed to do so. Yeri then, stood up, opened her coat that she has been wearing and put it down.

"Where are you going?" Sooyoung who just entered the room asked.

Yeri smiled, "It feels a little stuffy in here, so I'm going to go get some fresh air," She claimed.

"Sure,"

The woman grabbed her bag and left the room. 

Within few minutes after Yeri left, a man barged into the room startling Sooyoung who was doing some works at her table, "Is Kim Yeri," He grasped for a breath, "Is Doctor Kim Yeri here?"

"Doctor Kim Yeri stepped out not too long ago," 

Jungwoo started to get anxious, "What about her contact information? Can I have phone number?" He asked the woman.

Sooyoung had no idea with what is happening at the moment, but she gave him Yeri's phone number anyway. Jungwoo quickly took his phone out and dialled the number. But, sadly, no one picked up the call. He tried to call again and failed miserably, "The article definitely said that she got hit by a drunk driver's car, right?"

Jungwoo knows by now he needs to take other steps to prevent the incident from happening. He ran down the hallways as fast as he could that he nudged someone but still, he couldn't stop running.

"Her phone is completely off now?" Turned out, there's another man calling for Yeri as well. And yes, it's him, Yeri's forever admirer, Lee Taeyong.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Yeri was standing at the counter of her favourite cafe. She tried to switch on her phone for few times but failed. How can she forgot to charge her phone? Maybe it's just because she rarely using her phone, "Here," She passed a card to the owner of the cafe to proceed with the payment but the owner refused to accept it.

"Oh, how could I accept money from you, Doctor?" She complained, "If it hadn't been for you, I would have died of a heart attack on the street!" The middle-aged woman claimed.

Yeri smiled upon her words, "This and that are separate matters," She said.

"Oh, it's fine. Keep your money," The woman left to the station where she prepared the coffee, "Why are you drinking so much coffee at night, though?" She asked as Yeri ordered plenty shots of espresso.

She chuckled, "My head hurts a bit because I didn't sleep," Yeri answered.

"Oh, everything else is futile if you don't have your health! Work and all that stuff means nothing in the face of death, in my experience," The woman exclaimed and walked towards the counter with Yeri'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter