ღ 13 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The problem wouldn't over till it's really over, "So you're saying that you did it right?" It has been thousand of times since the man asked the boy and the answer is still the same.

"Yes,"

He sighed, "You're saying that you did it but Mr. Kim keeps insisting that it wasn't you. How am I supposed to make heads or tails of this?" The man complained and Jungwoo still had his head lowered down; looking at the floor.

"Sir," A familiar voice could be heard from behind of him. Jungwoo turned around and startled to see Yeri, "Jungwoo wasn't the one who smoked yesterday," She made a statement.

"What are you talking about?" Jungwoo was so sure about what the girl would say after this. He needs to stop it, by hook or by crook, people shouldn't know the truth about it.

The man looked at Yeri with zero interest, "Yeah, what are you talking about, seriously? Tell me," 

"I saw Jungwoo on his way out of school yesterday," She claimed, "And I remember the exact time, too, since I had locked up the library and left at that time. But there's too huge of a gap between the time that Jungwoo left school and when the fire alarm went off," She explained, "I asked the fire department and the time it usually takes for a cigarette to start a fire is 12 minutes, but---,"

Their teacher cuts her words, "Oh, wait, wait, wait," He stopped her, "How do you know what time the fire alarm went off?" Jungwoo and Yeri both stunned to that question, "Mr. Kim was the only person at school when it went off!" He exclaimed.

"Well," Their conversation managed to attract the other students' attention in the office room.

Jungwoo couldn't stay quiet. He stood up and looked at Yeri, "Hey, Kim Yeri,"

He tried to stop her but she continued with her words, "Last night, 선생님 (Mr. Kim) and I were locked behind the fireproof gates together---,"

"If we had been locked in there together, I would've been a lot less bored," Jungwoo appeared out of nowhere and stopped her from talking, "Right?" He asked the girl, "When I was going around looking for witnesses, I told people what time the fire alarm went off," He told a lie, "Thanks, Sherlock Holmes. You're right," He shifted his eyes to Jungwoo from Yeri, "It wasn't Kim Jungwoo,"

The man rolled his eyes, "What's this, then?" He showed the proof for countless of times already, "Oh, I know. A ghost must have smoked it," He was so tired at the moment. Jungwoo said he did it but why everyone denied that? Sigh, "Nevermind," He put it aside, "It doesn't matter, since we will have our culprit after we get the DNA tested--,"

"Wait, wait, wait!" Jungwoo snatched the cigarette from the man's hand.

"What is it?"

Jungwoo looked at the cigarette with full of concentration, "Wow, look at this," He took out the cigarette from the plastic bag, "He smoke it right down to the filter," He complained, "Those bastards," He turned around and accidentally dropped it into the paper shredder infront of him, "Oh no," 

"Mr. Kim!" The man quickly stand up and Jungwoo just make an innocent face as if he did nothing wrong.

"Oh no," Both Jungwoo and Yeri didn't know how to react in that kind of situation. Jungwoo picked up the shatter cigarette on the floor, "I don't know if  you will still be able to do DNA testing with this!" He turned around as he looked at the man, "I don't think you will be able to," He pouted before he turned his attention to the students beside him, "And just how long will you be cutting class?" He asked Jungwoo and Yeri, "Hurry up and go to the classroom!"

Jungwoo felt awry to leave but Yeri looked at him and dragged him out from the office room.

"How could you be so careless?" The disciplinary teacher complained as he looked at the shattered cigarette in his hand.

Jungwoo made a really apologetic expresstion, "I'm sorry,"

Yeri helped Jungwoo to climb up the stairs. He could feel intolerable pain on his back at the moment. He took a step by step to lesser the pain but then he felt uncomfortable that Yeri helped him, "I can go on my own," Jungwoo said as he slowly tapped Yeri's hand on his arms.

The girl pushed him away, "Oh, really, now?" Jungwoo groaned in pain, "You're unbelievable. Why on earth did you do this?" Yeri whined, "Why did you go so far as to get beaten like this, and lie about doing that?"

Jungwoo reminded of something Lucas told him before he decided to turn himself in,

"You like Kim Yeri, don't you?" Lucas asked.

Jungwoo's eyes were shaking, "Yeah," He answered, "I like her," Jungwoo confessed, "What are you going to do about it?"

Lucas shrugged with a smile on his face, "No, I'm just saying that I was at the stairwell early this morning, too," He claimed, "A male teacher who is in the prime of his youth and a young female student spent the night together. Eventhough there was an emergency exit door," He put his hand under his chin, "Wow, I bet this story will get people's imaginations going. And this happened at school, of all places,"

"You crazy bastard!" Jungwoo was about to punch Lucas in his face but the boy stopped him.

"Hey," Lucas put the boy's hand down, "So, what should I do? Shall I use my imagination to fill in the blanks about what happened between 쌤 (Mr. Kim) and Yeri by myself? Or should I make the rest of the school join me in filling in the blanks?" Jungwoo lost his will to say anything as he clenched both of his fist, "That's why I'm saying," He put a box of cigarette he kept in his pocket into Jungwoo's uniform pocket, "you need to do me this favor."

"Huh? I asked you why you did it?" Yeri asked for the second time when there's no respond coming from Jungwoo.

Jungwoo woke up from the day-dream, "Oh, I had my reasons," He gave an excuse as he didn't want to tell the truth to the girl. He continued climbing up the stairs and Yeri automatically put her hands around Jungwoo's arm to help him, "It would have been better for me to have gotten hit and be done with it," He claimed but then he groaned again, "Ow!"

"Oh," Yeri startled, "Are you okay?" She asked as she was worried, "See?" She looked at the boy as she said that. Yeri was really mad at the boy because he kept doing things without thinking first.

Jungwoo pouted as he felt unfair, "What about you? Why did you do that?" It's his turn to attack the girl.

"What?"

The boy turned his head to Yeri, "You were going to tell teacher that you were at school yesterday, too right?" He was questioning her action just now, "I told you. No good will come out of people knowing about it,"

"Who cares if people find out?" Yeri complained, "How could I just watch as this happened to you?" She pouted. Jungwoo smiled upon that words. At the very least, he means something to the girl, "I'm thinking about reporting this to the Department of Education. Is it okay for them to beat someone like this, without checking the facts?" She continued.

Jungwoo chuckled, "We can report together and then just quit school, too," He claimed with a smile plastered on his face.

Yeri shocked to hear his words, "It's just that this makes me so upset!" She exclaimed.

Jungwoo was looking at the couple who was on their way upstairs. He was so frustrated at the fact that the past wasn't changing despite how hard he was trying to change it. But... something that changed without him realizing it was him.

Suddenly, he reminded of the things Yeri did for Jungwoo earlier,

"Why did Jungwoo get into a fight with Lucas yesterday? His face looked really badly injured,"

He was sure that there's an obvious worried expression on the girl's face. And he knows for sure that Yeri is worried over the boy when she left to go to the pharmacy instead of finishing her food.

"One of them is unaware of other people's feelings and the other one is unaware of their own feelings," Jungwoo muttered under his breath.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo entered the teachers' office with a light step. He was glad that everytime turns out to be fine now. He took a sit at his place and managed to let out a sigh of relief after a long time. Jungwoo's eyes fell on his drawer, he took an envelope he put in it. He stared the envelope that has 'Letter of Resignation' written on it.

ღ-ღ-ღ

"You submitted a letter of resignation?" Taemin startled to hear the shocking news. There's no reason for the man to resign from his job though, "Did something happen?" Taemin concernedly asked the man.

Jungwoo gulped the can of soda he had in his hand before he answered the question, "I just feel like I don't need to be here anymore, is all," He claimed.

"There's no class that doesn't need its homeroom teacher,"

He smiled, "So, I'm sorry, but," Jungwoo was hesitating but he knows he needs to say it now, "I will leave my class to you until vacation," He asked for a help from the man beside him.

Taemin frowned, "Why are you talking like that as if I will never see you again?" He couldn't understand the man's weird behaviour.

Jungwoo stood as he chuckled, "You will keep seeing me around until you get sick of me so don't you worry about that," Well, obviously that would happen because Taemin will kept bugging him on Wendy's stuff later; in the future.

ღ-ღ-ღ

At that moment, Yeri was in the library doing her duty for today. Saeron was there with her as Saeron thought that her friend might be bored to be alone in the spacious library.

"What would you call this?" Saeron asked her friend as she saw something weird is happening in the library, "The background and the subject don't quite match," Saeron complained when she could see a really unfamiliar face in the library.

Yeri just looked at him with a smile pasted on her face, "Disharmony," The girl kindly answered her friend's question.

"Why is he here?" Saeron furrowed her eyebrows.

The attention fell onto Jaehyun who was busy flipping the yearbook that was kept in the library. But no matter how many times he went through the book, he couldn't find the one he was looking for, "Jeez. Our homeroom teacher definitely said that he graduated from our school," He scoffed, "But why I just couldn't see him?" Jaehyun whined.

His mind suddenly went to something happen a few hours ago. He saw Jane kept bugging on his homeroom teacher for a reason he didn't know what it is about. But all he knows that, they really looked like they're close to each other, "Wait a minute. Why do I want to find for his embarrassing picture and show it to Jane? On what reason I should do that?" He muttered alone, "Why should I care if Jane ever like him? What does that have to do with me?"

ღ-ღ-ღ

After the incident where Doyoung cried at her house, his relationship with Saeron become closer and they almost looks like an inseparable couple. Though, Doyoung still wants to hide their relationship from his friend but he felt like he failed to do so. His love for Saeron just getting bigger after the incident.

He realized how much he should be treasuring the girl's existence by his side instead of forever hiding behind his own shadow just because he was afraid to admit that he has a girlfriend. Doyoung didn't know why but he could feel if anyone knows that he has a girlfriend, it will limit him in interacting with other people. 

And he didn't even know why he thought about that... Why was that even matter if he truly loves Saeron?

Suddenly a message came in, Doyoung took out his phone and automatically smiled seeing the sender of the message. His eyes fell on the girl whom sitting beside him. Saeron too, replied his smile with another sweet smile.

"What are you doing? Why aren't you eating?" Jaehyun disrupted their moment. He remembered that it's just a moment ago when they're quarelling as if they hated each other the most in the world. And now, they're acting like they couldn't take their eyes off from each other. 

Seriously, is there any disease spreads nowadays that everyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter