ღ 21 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Are you sure that this wasn't all a part of your scheme?" Jungwoo has been mentioning the same thing for the whole journey. 

The boy who had a bandage wrapped around his left arms complained, "You're the one who sprayed water on me!"

"What? Did you just refer to me in a disrespectful way?" Jungwoo stood with both of his hand in his pockets, "Why is it that you're speaking more and more impudently to me?" 

"Come to think of it. I have no reason to call you my teacher anymore," The boy said as he looked at his older self's face, "After all, you're me," He smiled; slowly moving his hand and nudged the man's arm, "Isn't that right, Jungwoo?"

The man was trying to so hard to hold back his anger because he totally couldn't handle the boy anymore, "Ugh!" He cussed but then startled when he saw Yeri was already there with them.

The two Jungwoo had their eyes locked on the woman, "It's not completely fractured, but there is a tiny crack on your bone," Yeri told the boy on his check up result, "We can formally admit you to the hospital and keep an eye on it or you can just go to the outpatient clinic since it's not too severe," She continued.

Jungwoo attracted to the first option he heard of. To formally admit him into the hospital. Well, that's mean more time could be spend with Yeri isn't it? That's sounds cool to him, "I want to be admitted to the hospital!" He eagerly answered and managed to get a glare from the man beside him.

"But he doesn't have his health insurance on file. It will cost quite a lot if he's hospitalized," Yeri mentioned about the problem might arise to Jungwoo.

Yet, the boy still stern with his words, "I want to be admitted to the hospital," He confidently said but Jungwoo stepped on his feet; begging him to stop saying nonsense things, "If I can't be hospitalized with just a tiny track, I will just break the bone!" The boy exclaimed. Jungwoo's eyes widened to hear that and he squeezed the boy's hurted hand a little bit hard causing him to groan in pain.

"Then, we will have you admitted for a few days and monitor your injury," Yeri said with her non-smile face. The boy scoffed as he looked at the man. Yeri managed to put a smile on her face looking at the boy, "Oh, so he looks so much like since he's your relative, Jungwoo?" She asked.

"Um, yeah," Jungwoo answered, "He's my relative, but also my student," He mentioned.

Yeri frowned, "Student?" She didn't get that point of his.

"Oh, didn't I tell you?" The man asked, "I became a teacher. A high school teacher," He told about his job to Yeri. Yeri looked speechless when she heard that. Jungwoo then shifted his eyes on the boy, "Right, my student?" 

Jungwoo answered the question; looking uninterested, "Yes,"

"Aren't you going to say, 'Yes, teacher'?" He emphasized on the word 'teacher' as he said those words. Instead of answering, the boy sticked out his tongue.

"But what's his name?" Yeri sudden question startled the two of them, "He wouldn't tell me last time, either. And his file says that his name is 'anonymous'," The two Jungwoo looked at each other as they freaked out; not knowing on what kind of answer they should give to her.

It took few seconds for Jungwoo finally answered the question asked by Yeri, "His name is Deokgoo!" He said, "His name is Deokgoo! Deokgoo!" He put his arms around the boy's shoulders. Jungwoo looked like he's disagree with the selection of name by the man, "It's because he has this kind of name that he hates telling it to people," The man claimed.

Yeri's lips curved upward form a bright smile, "Oh... so that's why," She assumed that was the reason why he hid his name away.

"That's the name of the dog that we used to have!" Jungwoo whispered those words and turned his attention towards Yeri, "No, that's not my name---," He tried to deny but the man closed his mouth using his big hand.

"How dare you speak informally to me!" Jungwoo scolded the boy, "Oh. Please be understanding. He used to live abroad," He told a lie, "So not only does he have no insurance but he also has no manners!"

"No, my name isn't Deokgoo," The boy muttered and still wanted to deny it till the end.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo was walking down the hospital hallways with Yeri beside him, "He can just go to his hospital room after he's done being treated," She said.

"Are you here for good?" The man asked as he was curious the reason why the woman came back here when obviously she hates to be here.

"Something came up," Yeri answered, "I'm going to go back to Seoul as soon as I'm given the chance," She said.

Obviously, Jungwoo looked disappointed with the answer given by her, "Can I talk a bit? Tomorrow, I---," He lost his chance to talk about the plan for tomorrow when Yeri cut his words.

"Sorry," She apologized, "I'm busy right now," Yeri said and walked away from the tall guy beside her.

Jungwoo looked at the woman who was walking away from him; heading towards the patients laying on the bed. She talked to each of them and check on their condition. She's really a good doctor. Jungwoo thought. He finally let out a deep sigh.

Yeri who was busy with the patients, lifted her head up, looking at the place where she ditched Jungwoo and as expected. He wasn't there anymore. Yeri didn't know why but a sigh came out from as if she's hoping that Jungwoo would still be there, waiting for her like a fool.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Yeri finally could take a sit in her room, "Shall I send the patient in, Doctor?" A nurse came inside her room.

"Yes," She nodded her head. The patient entered the room and the door is closed. Yeri startled when she saw the patient, "J.. Jungwoo,"

The man whined, "What? I really am a patient," He said, "I hurt this a while back, but I didn't get it treated," He complained, "And, oh yeah. I was in a car accident, too,"

Yeri stood up from her chair, "Let me see. Where does it hurt, and how does it hurt, exactly?" She took a peek at his legs.

Jungwoo sighed. He pushed the girl, forcing her to sit down, "But..," He said as he stared into Yeri's eyes, "if you just sit here for five minutes, I think it will get all better,"

Only then, Yeri realized on what kind of situation she's in, "I don't have time for this," She put away the man's hand that was on her shoulders; looking a bit annoyed with Jungwoo's action, "If you don't want to see me for an appointment---,"

"What I want to see is you eating," Jungwoo cut her words. He took a packet of bread in the bag he brought earlier into the room and put it on her table, "It's way past lunchtime now so you need to eat, at the very least," He said, "And it's not like you're the only doctor at this hospital,"

Another man came into his room, "When will you be done seeing patients? Let's go eat together," He said, didn't notice Jungwoo's existence in the room.

Jungwoo looked a little too annoyed with Taeyong's presence there, "This guy came with you, too?" He asked.

"I thought this friend of yours lived in Seoul!" Taeyong said in sarcastic tone. Jungwoo and Taeyong was having an eye-contact battle at the moment.

Yeri heaved a sigh, "Doctor," A nurse appeared at the door, "One of the hospitalized patients is asking for you," She said and left the room in instant.

"You didn't eat, Taeyong?" Yeri asked the man.

Taeyong nodded, "Yeah, so that I could eat with you," He told her.

Yeri stood up and passed the bread Jungwoo bought for her to the boy, "Eat this, then,"

"Hey, but I want to eat with you," Taeyong said as he took the bread from her hand. Jungwoo's eyes widened to see the woman gave the food he bought for her to someone else.

"I don't have an appetite," Yeri said and leave the room to go and see the patients that called for her.

The two men there looked at her with a disappointment expression, "Ugh, and I had something to talk to her about, too," Taeyong complained

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter