ღ 03 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Note **형(hyung)- older brother's nickname to younger brother
another nickname to be used in the story
**Hi there, two new characters added (Oh, actually 3 though) into the story /winks
One of it has a really significant role in the story but the other one just an addition (well my friend requested him to be here so I end up adding him as well)
**Finally, the interaction between the two Jungwoo has started here 
again I remind you that old Jungwoo going to have his name italicize while young Jungwoo didn't You really need to be extra attentive on this part because if you not, it's kind of hard to understand the real plot for the story (sobs it's hella hard to convey the same character but in different person) p/s: I WILL ACCEPT ANY QUESTION YOU HAVE FOR THIS STORY SO DO DROP THE COMMENT BELOW [or you can pm me perhaps]
**Regular update
i'm planning to update two chapters a week

 

 

Jungwoo woke up to unfamiliar place. He slowly opened his eyes and grasp for a breath but then he could see a blur vision of someone was standing infront of him.

"Are you awake now?" He swear to God he knows this voice. He forced himself to get a clear view by blinking his eyes for few times and only then he realized that it's his mother who was infront of him.

"M... mom?" He stuttered.

The old woman hissed, "I was so scared because I thought you were dead!" She complained, "Are you all right?"

Jungwoo stared right into his mother's eyes as he woke up from the grass he laid before. What's going on? What happened? All he could remember that he fell into the lake and he's here. And if his mum is right here infront of him, this means one of two things, first scenario, this is a drama and second,

He burst into tears and hugged the woman tightly, "Mom," Jungwoo shouted out loud.

The woman startled by the sudden hug from an unknown man infront of her, "Oh my God," She pushed the young man away and hit his back for few times, "What are you doing? You must be not fully conscious yet,"

This doesn't seem to be a dream. Jungwoo thought. Is this the second scenario perhaps? "They say that the person you missed most comes to get you when you die," He slowly brought his eyes from top to the bottom but his mother was too real to be called as a soul who want to take him away.

"Oh, come on mum. I know that we're not on formalities and such, but isn't your fashion a bit too down-to-earth when it's the first time you seeing me after 10 years?" He still thought that this was just a dream.

The woman frowned, "Young man, I'm not your mother," Jungwoo looked clueless when she said that. It's really obvious that the woman whom standing infront of her right now is his mother. But why she couldn't recognize him?

Only then he realized, it has been 10 years since his mum passed away, "It seems that you don't recognize me, mum. Yeah, mum," He nodded his head, "I totally understand. I'm your so," He couldn't even continue his words that the woman interrupted him.

"If you're my son, you deserve a beating from me," The old woman raised his tone a little bit as she said those words, "What are you doing here? Why are you lying here drunk in broad daylight, when everyone else is at work?" She started to nag the young man.

Jungwoo looked around and still clueless, "What's going on, aunt?" A young man approached the two of them.

"Oh, I'm glad you're here," Jungwoo's mum said, "This guy passed out on the side of the road. I was afraid because I thought he was dead,"

"What is wrong with him?" The man raised his left eyebrows as he crossed his arms looking at the weird guy infront of him.

"형," The boy startled to see his long-lasting brother infront of him. And, to think that he looks young, it's so surreal for him, "Wow, this is amazing. How did you get so young?" He shamelessly asked that question.

"Do you know this guy?" The man quickly shook his head to the question.

He frowned, "No, it's my first time meeting him," He claimed, "Oh!" He suddenly reminds of something, "You're the math teacher right? The one who was supposed to come from Seoul?" Taemin remembered that there should be a new teacher coming from Seoul to replace Mrs. Jung whom taking a maternity leave.

Jungwoo blinked his eyes for few times, "It is true that I'm a math teacher," He mumbled, "And it's true that I come from Seoul,"

A sudden bright expression plastered on the man's face, "It's you! Mr. Kim Jungwoo!" Taemin claimed, "I saw his resume. I took a good look at it since he has the same name as Jungwoo,"

"So he's a teacher at Jungwoo's school?" The man nodded his head.

He swifted his eyes to the man who was still sitting on the grass, "As far as I know, today is supposed to be his first day of work," 

Jungwoo startled by the words, "Wait," He frowned, "There's no way that my teaching license carried over to the afterlife," He paused, "What's going on? Where on earth am I, then?" He asked as he was really clueless.

"Are you sure that he's a teacher? He has been mumbling weird things," The old woman wasn't sure about the young man's true identity.

Taemin scratched his head, "Really?" He took out the phone from his pocket, "Should we call 911?" He was about to call an ambulance but then Jungwoo snatched the phone away from him. 

Jungwoo compared the time on the phone with the newspaper he had in his hand, "It's the year 2007?" He said when he noticed both of the things had a different time.

Then, that's mean neither of the two scenarios were correct answers. It was a third scenario that had not even been an option. That is...

A time slip!

ღ-ღ-ღ

Both of the men were in the car; on their way to school, "I haven't introduced myself right? I'm," He couldn't even introduce himself but Jungwoo cut his words.

"It's okay, I know you more than I should," He muttered. Taemin was actually his sister's ex-boyfriend. Well, Jungwoo got close with Taemin because of that. Though, his sister is still friend with Taemin like usual. Taemin is almost like a real family to him.

And Jungwoo believes that one day, Taemin and his sister will reunite at the end because there's still love left in their eyes. Jungwoo sighed. How great they are that they're still in love with each other? 

Taemin frowned, "What do you mean by that? But anyway, I'm Lee Taemin. An English teacher," He ended up introduce himself as he lent out one of his hand to get a shake from the man beside him.

There's an obvious 'Student Driver' sign pasted on the back mirror of the car but yet he managed to put only one hand on the steering. He had his eyes locked on Jungwoo instead of looking infront.

Suddenly, a honk could be heard which make the man startled and quickly move the car to the right and another honk could be hear, "Bus, bus," There's a big bus behind them but the man managed to cut its lane.

They could let out a sigh of relief when the bus didn't hit them who were in a really tiny car. If they ever get smashed by the bus, they wouldn't see tonight's moon then, "Don't just look forward, look at the sides and behind you too," Jungwoo startled by the sudden incident.

Taemin swifted his eyes to the man beside him, "Sorry," He formed a sheepish smile as a sign asking for forgiveness from the man.

After 15 minutes of journey, finally they reached at the entrance of the school. Jungwoo asked Taemin to just drop him at the infront of the school instead of followed him to park the car, "Thank you," Jungwoo said before bid a goodbye to him.

Jungwoo went to the back of the school building as he has something to do. He took out his smart phone and unlocked it but there's no connection here. Maybe because the phone doesn't exist yet at that moment.

He kept walking and walking to find for a line but failed. Then suddenly something heavy hit his head. He rubbed his head, "Who the hell did that," He shouted but as soon as he turned his head around, Jungwoo could see someone was jumping off from the gate.

He stunned, "Oh, I'm so sorry, sir," The boy bowed to him as he picked up the phone on the ground. While Jungwoo was still staring at the boy with disbelief expression.

"You are," Jungwoo muttered alone.

The boy looked at the phone with an awe expression. It's the first time he ever see that kind of phone. He put his hand at the home button and the phone unlocked using his fingerprints, "Is this supposed to be a new kind of beeper?" He mumbled before passing the phone to the man infront of him. He blinked his eyes for few times and frowned, "It's my first time seeing you,"

Jungwoo startled, "I just got transferred here today," The man explained.

The boy slowly nodded his head but then he only realized that the man infront of him is not a student but a teacher, "Oh, so you're the new teacher," He stopped, "Um," The boy stuttered, "I'm usually the first who walk through the school gates when they open! But, um," He suddenly coughed, "I had to see doctor because of my cold,"

Jungwoo sighed, "I was a teenager that lied a lot wasn't I?"

"Pardon?"

"I am just going to let this slide, but believing your lie feels like getting slapped by my own hand," Jungwoo complained, "You've never caught a cold in your teens and you won't be visiting a doctor for the next ten years or so,"

The boy frowned, "Oh," Suddenly he got a new idea to keep lying, "My mum,"

Jungwoo ended up hitting the boy's head as soon as he mentioned 'mum', "Hey, punk! I never once sold out my mum," He scolded him, "How dare you sell out our mum like that, you bastard," He pulled the boy's ear and called out for the disciplinary teacher who was busy punishing the other students whom late.

The boy ended up getting drag by the discplinary teacher leaving Jungwoo behind, "Yah, Kim Jungwoo, skip your morning classes today and do chores around the school instead. You got that?" 

"But,"

"If I ever see even a single piece of garbage on the schoolyard, I'll make you do it for the whole week," He shouted those words out loud to make the boy gives up in anything he wanted to say.

As soon as the teacher left, he sighed, "Ugh," He swifted his eyes to the man whom standing approximately 10 meters away from him, "What a rotten luck first thing in the morning,"

On the other side, Jungwoo was still in his own world, "So, this year is 2007," He mumbled, "So, did the past change just now because of me?" He sighed but then his attention turned to a girl who was trying to climb up the gate.

That moment, he realized that the past could change, that the past must be changed and that past would be changed. And that it's for that reason that he has come here.

"Want me to help you?" He said the same thing as he did 10 years ago to the girl and the girl still giving the same expression to him before she slowly nodded her head.

And again, he lent out his hand to the girl and she grabbed without any second thoughts. The same scene happened again, but little thing Jungwoo didn't realize, he actually changed the past. And there's no guarantee that the changes could be a good one.

Jungwoo actually did the same thing he did 10 years ago which cover up the tear on her skirt but this time, he took his coat off and put it around the girl's hand, "Since I helped you, so hold that for me," The girl looked at him with a blank expression before she noticed her torn skirt, "Let's go, transfer student who was late on her first day of school. You have to go and say hello," Jungwoo said.

The girl frowned, "Are you perhaps my homeroom teacher, by any chance?" She asked.

Jungwoo hummed to the question, "If this is all a fate, then, probably?" He smiled before leaving the girl behind.

Yeri couldn't help but smiled.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo entered the class with a frown plastered on his face, "Kim Jungwoo! News, news, news," Jaehyun rushed him who was walking with a weak step towards his place.

"What is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter