ღ 19 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Yeri rushed herself to ER as soon as she put her coat on, "Were you the one who treated the car crash victim just now?" She asked as she bumped into Sooyoung.

"Yeah,"

"How is the patient's condition?" Yeri asked her friend.

Sooyoung simply answered, "He's only sustained minor injuries," She claimed and Yeri finally could let out a sigh of relief, "But, are you okay?" She asked, "I heard that the accident happened right infront of you,"

"Yeah," She took a sit at  the nearby chair where she stood.

"Who is that person?" Sooyoung asked as both of them looked at the man who was walking towards them, "Is he someone you know?"

Yeri didn't know why but she could see her teacher in Jungwoo, "선생님 (Mr. Kim)?" She muttered.

"I'm Yeri's friend," The man answered Sooyoung's question, "I couldn't even introduce myself to you properly before," He claimed, "Thank you,"

Sooyoung smiled, "Ah, sure," She said, "I'll be going now, then," She shifted her eyes to Yeri as she said that before she left the two of them behind.

Jungwoo smiled as he looked at the woman infront of her. And Yeri was obviously felt uncomfortable with the stare given by him. She quietly stood up, "How long has it been?" She said as she lowered her head, "Around ten years, or so?" Yeri didn't have any guts to look straight into his eyes but she gathered her courage to do so,

"Have you been doing okay?" Yeri's lips curved upwards a little bit to show a friendly side to the man, "It's funny how people can run into each other like this,"

"It's funny how people can run into each other like this,"

So, the same words still be used though the fate has changed, "It's because I was looking for you," Jungwoo said.

"I---," She stuttered, "didn't think much about you guys," Yeri claimed, "About you, or our other friends, I mean. Because I was too busy and had too much going on," She smiled, "I can barely even remember the stuff that happened back then,"

Jungwoo smiled, "It's okay," He assured the woman, "because I remember it all,"

Suddenly her beeper rang indicating that there's an emergency, "Sorry, I don't have much time to spare," Yeri apologize, "I need to go,"

"I liked you," Jungwoo suddenly confessed; managed to stop Yeri who was originally wanted to left in hurry, "I liked you," He repeated again, "quite a lot,"

Yeri gulped, clearing as she clenched her fist, "Really?" Again, she didn't dare to stare into his eyes, "But that was way too long ago in the past," She claimed, "Let's talk about the past some other time. Later, when we get some chances to," Yeri said and left him behind.

But Jungwoo knows it's not the time for him to give up yet. No, he can't give up. Not this time when he finally got a second chance to see the girl again. He chased after the woman, "Well, not for me," He said as soon as he could reach her, "To me, this isn't just something from the past. I remember everything from back then so clearly, as if it were only yesterday," He claimed, "And same goes for my feelings for you from back then,"

"For me, all of that is something that I want to keep in the past," Yeri confessed her true feelings, "So,"

"You want us to never see each other again?" Jungwoo cut her words, "Why?" He asked, "Were we in each other's lives for a bad reason again this time?" Yeri slowly shifted his eyes onto the man infront of her. How can he knows the things she was about to say? Everything she wanted to say, "I don't care," Jungwoo continued, "I don't care if we were meant to be, or if we're bad for each other. I don't care about any of that stuff anymore," He said, "I'm not going to live with the same regrets, Yeri,"

"Kim Yeri!" They could hear someone was calling out for her name from afar. A man approached her and hugged her as soon as he could reach the woman.

Yeri startled by his sudden action, "Taeyong," She softly said his name.

Jungwoo startled to see the bouquet boy with Yeri. Then, that's mean the ring he saw back then, on Yeri's fingers... It's from Taeyong? His eyes fell on the ring on Yeri's fingers, again.

"I heard that you got into accident. Are you trying to make me worried sick?" He complained, Yeri slowly pushed him away and broke the hug, "You're not hurt anywhere? Are you really okay?" He worriedly asked the woman infront of him.

Yeri put his hand down that was holding onto her hand, "I didn't get hurt, but my friend did," She explained the real situation towards the man. Taeyong turned his head around to see a tall man beside him, "You have seen him before, right, Jungwoo?" Yeri asked, "He was our senior, back in high school,"

"Oh, so this is the friend that Doctor Park Sooyoung mentioned," The man claimed. He lent out his hand for a shake as he introduced himself to Jungwoo, "Nice to meet you. I'm Yeri's boyfriend,"

Jungwoo snorted, "I can't accept his handshake," He crossed his arms, "You still don't know the rules, just like back then, huh?" He teased the man, "I mean, who lies when they're introducing themselves?" Jungwoo complained, "And what kind of girlfriend looks this uncomfortable when they're introducing their boyfriend to someone?" His eyes shifted to Yeri, "In my opinion, Yeri has that same expression on her face that she had back then. You know, when she rejected you back then after you confessed to her 10 years ago,"

Taeyong let out an awkward laugh. He didn't know that he will get humiliate infront of the woman she likes, "Well, you're not completely wrong," He said, "So let me reintroduce myself properly, then," Taeyong looked at the man infront of him, "I'm someone who will become Yeri's boyfriend soon,"

"Taeyong!" Yeri totally opposed with what the man said just now.

Jungwoo frowned, "Says who?" He asked but ended up grabbed Taeyong's hand for a handshake, "Well, people should be free to entertain whatever dreams they want to have," He squeezed Taeyong's hand quite hard before he pulled him forward, "Because everyone wakes up from their dreams eventually," He said those words right in his face.

"But you know, if you're Yeri's friend from back in high school that means that you're my junior," Taeyong replied his words, "And yet you're speaking informally to me,"

And I was your teacher too, you punk. Jungwoo muttered in his mind as he intensely stared into the man's eyes, "If you're so fond of formal speech, feel free to keep using it," Both of them kept squeezing each other's hand until one of them finally gave up and snatched his hand away from the strong grip of other man.

"But why did you call me, Taeyong?" Yeri asked to him when he still had his eyes locked on Jungwoo.

Taeyong shifted his eyes towards the girl, "It was about the doctors' meeting," He claimed, "I was wondering why you missed it," Yeri bit her lower lips as he said that, "Hey, you should hurry and go," Taeyong said, "The professor looking for you,"

Yeri looked at Jungwoo as she passed a guilty look towards him. She was hesitating for a while before she continued her words, "Thanks... for today," Yeri said to Jungwoo and quickly ran away from there to go and see the professor.

"Yeri!" Jungwoo called out for Yeri but she was already far from him. He looked at the back of the girl in despair when suddenly Taeyong said something,

"It's too bad," Jungwoo looked at Taeyong, "But these are the rules of the hospital," Taeyong claimed and leave the man behind in awe. Jungwoo let out an annoyed sigh.

He walked out from the hospital with his annoyed face, "Wow!" He shouted a little bit loud than he could when he's in the hospital. Jungwoo put both of his hands on his waist and let out a really loud sigh, "Ugh, that damned third year was by Yeri's side all this time?" He complained, "Ugh,"

Jungwoo then took out his phone from his pocket when it suddenly rang. He answered the call in instant and put it towards his ears, "Yeah, 누나 (Noona)," It turned out that Wendy is the one who was calling him.

"Where are you right now, Kim Jungwoo?"

The man frowned, "Why?"

"Someone who says that he's a student from your class is here to see you,"

Jungwoo complained, "What are you talking about? I haven't even started work at this school yet," He couldn't even finish his sentences but Wendy already ended the call, "What was that?" He mumbled alone.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Taeyong was on his way to his room after he had done quarelling with Jungwoo, "He definitely said that he was my junior," He complained, "So why can't I bring myself to speak informally to him?" Taeyong couldn't comprehend with the situation, "It makes no sense," He claimed.

As he walked with both of his hands inside the white coat's pocket, someone called for him, "Taeyong!" He quickly stopped himself from walking and turned his body around because he knows this voice; it's Yeri's voice.

Yeri walked to him with a furious expression; she seemed a little too annoyed, "What is this?" She asked as she showed a piece of paper; a letter on her transfer to somewhere else towards the man.

"It says it, right there," Taeyong looked calm, "A notice stating that you're being sent to Garam Island," He said.

Yeri let out an annoyed sigh, "Why is my name here?" She didn't really like the idea to go back to her old hometown.

"Because my name is there, too," Taeyong's lips curved upwards form a slight smile as he said that. 

The woman gave up, "Taeyong,"

"Well, my dad is telling me to go there, get it together, and become a new man," Taeyong explained, "And I told him that I could go if he sent you, too,"

"I'm going to go to the chairman and tell him that I'm not going there," Yeri was already making up her mind. Taeyong looked like he's not please with Yeri's answer, "No, rather, that I can't go," She could go anywhere else but not Garam Island. She should never go back to that place.

Taeyong crossed his arms upon her words, "I bet that he will care a lot more his rehabilitation project for his only son than some second-year intern," Damn, Taeyong should never hit Yeri's weak spot. And now he's acting like a total

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter