Don't Let Go - Taestal & Minstal

Short Stories Collection

 

 

“Taemin-ah, why are you doing this? Don’t you love Krystal?” Minho asked.

Taemin smiled and continue walking. Minho was frustrated.

“Ya. Taemin! Answer me!!” Minho said.

Minho ran towards Taemin and caught him. Taemin stop walking. He turns around and looks at Minho. Taemin then punch Minho stomach damn hard.

“Ya, why are you asking so many questions? She loves you for god sake. I can’t do much. She chose you hyung. I am just nothing to her now.  I can’t possibly beg her to continue to be with me when her heart is lock to you. I can’t do anything now..” Taemin stop punching Minho and push Minho to the ground, “..just take good care of her for me.”

With that Taemin left the hurt Minho lying on the ground. Taemin knew he did the right thing by letting Krystal go to the one she truly loves. He knew ever since Krystal saw Minho, her heart was already being captured by his charisma and good looks. At that point of time, Taemin knew he had competitions and he also knew that he is going to lose.

Ever since that day, his relationship with Krystal has been having up and downs. They used to be the hottest couple in school. Everyone knows that Krystal was Taemin’s and Taemin was Krystal’s. But when Minho arrived, everyone talks about Krystal and Minho and they even got a couple name for them, Minstal. Taemin was just forgotten just like that. Even to Krystal, his own girlfriend.

They never hang out or go dating like they used to anymore. They didn’t have lunch with each other anymore. They didn’t stay back to do homework or assignments in the library till they get scolded by the librarian anymore. It just weren’t the same anymore. Krystal no longer care about him when she hangs out with his group. All she cares now is Minho, Minho, Minho.

“Ya Taemin, where’s Minho oppa?”

“Taemin, can you give this cookie to Minho oppa?”

“Taemin, how is Minho oppa?”

Taemin started to get sick of this. As much as he wants to break of with Krystal, he rather let Krystal break off with him. It is not that he is afraid to dump her or that he is gay but well, he just want her to know that she is the one that chose Minho and not him.

Day by day, Taemin had to hold back his tears and jealousy when he sees Krystal and Minho being intimate with each other. As much as he wants to punch Minho, he can’t because Krystal will always back up Minho.

There was a time where he, Minho and Krystal had basketball practice. Krystal, instead of cheering for her boyfriend, cheers for Minho instead. Obviously, Taemin was upset. He started to play vigorously and violently. He hit so hard that Minho got hurt. Minho mouth and nose bled. Krystal who saw this came to Minho rescue.

“YA! Taemin ah! Why so harsh? You hurt Minho oppa!” Krystal scolded Taemin.

Taemin just stared at Minho who was hurt and Krystal who was nursing the hurt Minho. He stared at them and slowly walk away. Minho who saw Taemin leaving knew something was wrong with that kid. Ever since he came, Krystal keep being by his side. She no longer care about her boyfriend.

“Krystal ah, I am ok. You should check on Taemin why he is like that.” Minho said.

“Its ok oppa. He can take care of himself. You’re hurt.” Krystal said.

“I am ok really. You should take care of your boyfriend.” Minho said.

“Oppa, he is just my boyfriend. We’ve been together for so long. I know Taemin. He will be alright. But he was really very rude today. He was never like this. How could he hurt his hyung?” Krystal said.

“Krys ah, maybe you should talk to him?” Minho said.

“Its ok oppa. He should reflect on his actions. Come oppa, I’ll send you home.” Krystal said.

Krystal lifted Minho and she carried Minho home. Taemin saw this and knew what he had to do. He knew he had to do it soon or else, he would be the one badly hurt.

It was Taemin and Krystal 3 years anniversary. They were supposed to meet at the park bench where they first had their date. Taemin told Krystal to meet at 3pm. At 2:30pm, he was already there. It was already 3:45pm, Taemin knew his decision was the right one. He stood up and walk away leaving a pink parcel behind.

It was 4:00pm when Krystal reach the park. She went to the park bench that she and Taemin had their date together. She saw no sign of Taemin when she saw the park bench. When she got nearer she saw a pink parcel sitting on the bench alone. Krystal sat down and picked up the parcel.

Krystal slowly open the parcel and a letter drop out. She picked up the blue envelope and open it up. She read it.

Dear Soojung,

Ya, Its out 3rd year anniversary. Kekeke. Are you happy Soojung ah? I am Soojung. The 3 years we spent were good right? We did so much. I am happy that I spend these 3 years with you Soojung.

Soojung, as much as I want to continue to make our relationship continue I could not. It takes two hands to clap and it takes two hearts to make love and relationship to stay strong and continue. I hope you understand what it means cause I cannot explain to you.

It hurt so much when you suddenly give all your attention to Minho hyung instead of me. I was jealous. I was hurt when you keep asking about Minho well-being and you forgot about mine. It hurts so much Soojung.

Soojung,

Maybe it’s time for me to let you go. You seem much more happier with Minho hyung. I realise I can never compete with Minho hyung. He is much more better than me. He is better in sports, studies and even much more good-looking than me.

As much as it hurts me to tell you to  let you go, I must and I shall to make you live much more happier.I know you will live happier after this Soojung. Maybe, something happen along the way of our relationship that made us grew apart. Maybe it’s  me.

Soojung,

I am sorry if all this while I have been a bad boyfriend to you. I am sorry if I could not live up to your expectation of your perfect guy. I am sorry if I could not buy you expensive gifts like what Minho hyung could do. I am sorry if I never took good care of you like how Minho hyung did.

Mianhae.

Soojung,

I hope you live happily with Minho hyung. Soojung, don’t leave Minho-hyung, like how you leave me neh. He is a very good person. I know he will take good care of you. Soojung, saranghae. As much as  I want you to wish me that to but save it for Minho neh. You’ll always be the Soojung that I know. We can still be friends right Soojung?

Soojung,

Before I bid farewell in this letter, the present I give you is my last present for you for our 3rd year anniversary. I hope you like it. May our memories be kept till then.

Jung Soojung, Happy 3rd year anniversary and goodbye.

From,

Taemin (:’

 

Krystal eyes began to flow tears. She knew she has lost not only her boyfriend but also her best friend. Krystal slowly open up the rest of the parcel with tears in her eyes. She cried even harder when she saw what Taemin has left her. She pick up the book and open it. There it said “ HAPPY 3RD YEAR ANNIVERSARY JUNG SOOJUNG AND LEE TAEMIN”.

Krystal flips the pages of the book one by one. With every page she turn, tears flowed out of her eyes eve harder. Suddenly she felt two finger wiped the tears.

“Taemin, Taemin. Is that you?” Krystal ask.

“Krystal, it’s me Minho.” Minho said.

“Minho oppa?” Krystal said. 

Minho and Krystal sat down on the park bench.  Krystal keeps on crying. Minho just kept quiet.

“Krys, here you go. Taemin ask me to give this to you.” Minho said while he gives her a box.

Krystal stare at the purple box with turquoise ribbon. She slowly open up. There inside that box lies a pendant necklace. She pick it up and tear quietly. Taemin did not forget. He did not. Krystal cry again. It was their promise. Taemin remembered.

“Krys, don’t cry please. I promise Taemin to take good care of you. Don’t cry Krys. Taemin would not like it if he sees you cry. Pretty girl cannot cry deh. Come.” Minho said.

Krystal nodded her head and pick up the parcel and walk off with Minho in her hands.

A black car then walk off with a happy but teary Taemin in it. Taemin smile and drove off leaving behind the sweet bitter memories of Soojung.

 

 

 

 

 

Authors Note ^^

Hi. Back with Version 2 yoh! Taestal and Minstal/ How was it? Was it good? bad? weird? Comment okays :) I was hesistant to end it with minstal cause i love taestal too much. Up next will be Onsica & Jongsica version ok :) Please wait. I am drafting it now. So I shall upload it soon :> Love you asian fanfics subscribers :>