Don't Let Go - Changsoo & Changtoria

Short Stories Collection

Changmin and Sooyoung stare at each other. It was Changmin’s happiest day. He is finally going to get married to the woman that he loved. Sooyoung smiled and quietly left the place. She was happy that Changmin and Victoria are finally getting married. She feels at ease after knowing that Changmin had agreed to the marriage.

Yes. She and Changmin may had dreams to live together, be happy together and to grow old together but then, she knows that they can only hope and try but its God who will decide.

Sooyoung shed a tear. She was supposed to be Victoria’s bridesmaid. But she could not bear seeing the one she love being married to another woman which is her unnie. But Sooyoung was strong. She wasn’t going to cry out loud and blame the world; instead she will just move with the flow.

She still remembers the day when Changmin told her he has to break up with her because he is going to get married to Victoria.

~flashback~

“Soo, I’m sorry” Changmin said

“ Neh, Min-ah, don’t cry please. As much as it hurts me, I am ok. Yes, we did promised that we will live together, be happy together and grow old together but even if we were not meant for each other, we can still be friends right?”

“Soo, my mother.... she .. she don’t approve of you actually” Changmin said

“Yeah, I know “  Sooyoung said calmly

“BWOH! How did you know?” Changmin ask

“Do you remember the day were you brought me for dinner during our first anniversary?” Sooyoung ask. Changmin nodded.

“There was a time where your mother and I had a talk after dinner where you and your dad were talking about life and so on. You mother told me clearly that she doesn’t like me. She had her reason of course.”

“Wait, umma say she hate you?” Changmin said

“Yes silly! You deaf? Hahaha. She then said to me, she already has a candidate to whom you are going to get married to. She even showed me her picture. At that moment of time, I know that this day is going to come sooner or later.” Sooyoung pause.

“Then why did you still be with me?”

“Because as much as I want to let you go, I rather have you to let me go. I would rather spend my last moments with you being happy till the day we go our separate ways than breaking up with you instantly and crying over it when you get married.”

“Soo, don’t you love me?” Changmin ask

“Of course I love you silly. In fact, I want to let the whole world tell that I, Choi Sooyoung deeply love Shim Changmin forever and ever. But I can’t because later on Victoria unnie will get jealous. “ Sooyoung said while she laid her head on Changmin shoulders and hold his hands.

Changmin Sooyoung head and he watch their last sunset together.

~flashback ends~

“Silly girl, you should be happy. Your best friend is getting married!” Sooyoung scolded herself. She wiped her tears and went to the wedding garden.

Kyuhyun who was with Seohyun immediately approach her when they saw her coming.

“Unnie...!” Seohyun ran towards Sooyoung and hug her. Sooyoung smiled.

Both Sooyoung and Seohyun hugged each other and the latter one patter the taller one. Both shed a tear.

“Ya, Maknae, don’t cry neh. Let’s be happy for Changmin oppa and Victoria Unnie deh.” Sooyoung said as she wiped the tears of Seohyun face. Seohyun did the same to Sooyoung too.

“Sooyoungie ah, it breaks my heart to see both of you cry. You both alright?” Kyuhyun interrupted.

“Deh. Kamsa Kyu for being my friend all these while when I was having problem with Changmin despite you having Seohyun as your girlfriend. Kamsa Kyu. Kamsa Seo” Sooyoung bowed to them.

“Unnie!” Seohyun teared again.

“Soo-ah, aren’t you feeling sad about Changmin and Vic getting married?” Kyuhyun ask

“If there is one thing I learn from my relationship with Changmin, I learn that no matter how much we love that person, if he was not meant for me then he is not meant for me.” Sooyoung said and she went off to the buffet table.

Seohyun and Kyuhyun followed her and smile.Choi Sooyoung is a brave and strong woman indeed.

~Flashback~

“Sooyoung, It looks like this is our last meeting before I get married.” Changmin said.

Sooyoung nodded and smile.

“Ya, don’t you have anything to say?” Changming ask

“Congratulations. May you lead a happy life with Vic Unnie. I’ll come to your wedding neh.” Sooyoung said

“Is that all?” Changmin ask again

“What do you want me to say Min? It makes no difference even if I say I love you with all my heart. You will still get married to Vic unnie. You want me to say please don’t get married to Vic unnie? Cancel the marriage? No, Min! I will never do that! I don’t want to destroy my best friend marriage. If I do that, the more your umma will hate me. No Changmin!” Sooyoung said while crying.

“Soo-ah, please...please don’t cry. Please. I won’t be able to let you go if you keep on crying.” Changmin said as he hug Sooyoung tightly.

Both of them hug for a while. Sooyoung then, break the hug.

“Changmin, go. Go to Vic Unnie. “ Sooyoung said as she let Changmin’s hands go.

Changmin kiss Sooyoung forehead and said his last few words “ Don’t ever forget your best friend yeah. I love you” and he left.

Sooyoung smiled. The rain suddenly pour and Sooyoung screamed as Changmin walk away from her.

“SHIM CHANGMIN! AS MUCH AS I LOVE YOU, AS MUCH AS I DON’T WANT YOU TO LET ME GO, I DON’T CARE WHATEVER REASON THERE MAY BE, YOU MUST GET MARRIED WITH VICTORIA UNNIE. SHIM CHANGMIN AND VICTORIA MUST GET MARRIED. EVEN IF THE SKY IS CRYING AND KEEP WANTING ME AND YOU TO BE TOGETHER I DON’T CARE. SHIM CHANGMIN MUST GET MARRIED! DON’T LET GO CHANGMIN. NEVER LET GO! OUR SWEET MEMORIES WILL BE FOREVER AND I WANT TO SEE YOU SMILE THE NEXT TIME WE MEET. SHIM CHANGMIN, SARANGHAE AND MAY YOU LEAD A HAPPY LIFE WITH VICTORIA UNNIE”

Changmin look back when he heard Sooyoung scream. As much as he want to run back to her an hug her again but he stop himself. If he went back, he can never let her go again.  He smile and he showed her the heart sign and he walk off. Sooyoung smiled and waved her hands.

She’s happy for her best friend. Even though it hurts her heart, she is happy.

The rain continue to pour heavily and Sooyoung embrace the rain while she dance in the field with the flowers and grass happily even though it still hurts in her to let him go.

 

 

 

 

Authors Note ^^

Hi. I updated the first version and its Changsoo and Changtoria. So did you guys like it? My first time writing a one-shot. I am now working onTaeminstal version. Do comment ok :) Love you guys for supporting me :)

I just ended my submission for my module. Having a my major project next week so I won't be sure if i could update along the way. Haha :) I will try ok :)

xoxo

hellogenie59

ps:// I am working on the poster :> each version 1 poster. how about that? Hahaha