The Bodyguard - Chapter 2

The Bodyguard

Only when the doctor and nurses arrived, did Woohyun release his grip on Sunggyu's hand.  Sunggyu stepped back as he watched the doctor examine his patient.

"Master Woohyun, this is wonderful," exclaimed the doctor who seemed overjoyed.  "I must inform your father."

"Where is my father?" asked Woohyun, noticing his father's absence.

"He left for a business meeting in Japan a few days ago with Master Myungsoo," replied the doctor.  "He will be delighted to hear the good news though."

"I want to go for a walk outside," said Woohyun.

The nurses immediately took out the IV drip needle in his hands as he tossed the blanket aside and stepped down from the bed.

He tried to stand but his legs gave way as he felt himself falling.  Sunggyu immediately ran over and caught him in his arms as he collapsed to the floor.  He looked up at Sunggyu with frightened eyes.

"My legs," cried Woohyun.  "What's wrong with them?"


In the beautiful garden of the mansion, Woohyun sat in the wheelchair staring at nothing in particular.  He hadn't spoken a word since discovering that he could not walk.  Sunggyu stood quietly beside him, watching over him.  The gardener was tending to the flowers when he caught sight of Woohyun.  He nodded from afar to greet the young master until the butler came out to say something to him before the two headed inside.


The cool evening breeze brought a slight chill in the air.  Sunggyu noticed that Woohyun was only dressed in a thin shirt.

"Master Woohyun, it's getting chilly, you should go back inside," said Sunggyu.

"You go," replied Woohyun.  "I want to stay here longer."

Sunggyu did not reply.  Instead, he ed his suit jacket and draped it across Woohyun's shoulders.  Woohyun seemed surprised at the gesture as he turned to look at Sunggy, who remained standing by his side.

"I'm your bodyguard," declared Sunggyu.  "How can I leave your side?"

The two remained where they were with neither of them speaking a word.


When the sun had disappeared in the far horizon, Sunggyu noticed that Woohyun's head was tiltled to one side.  Noticing that Woohyun had drifted off to sleep, Sunggyu decided to push the wheelchair back indoors.


Inside Woohyun's bedroom, Sunggyu picked him up in his arms and carried him over to the bed where he gently placed him down.  He stood staring at Woohyun's sleeping face until he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

"Yes," he answered as he walked to his room through the connecting door and shut it after him.