The Bodyguard - Chapter 11

The Bodyguard

Woohyun was in the garden watching the gardener tend to the flowers when Sunggyu approached him.

"Woohyun, shall we go for a drive?" suggested Sunggyu.

Woohyun smiled excitedly. "Where do you have in mind?" he asked.

"We'll go where you want to go," said Sunggyu.

Woohyun smiled and turned to the gardener.  "I'll see you later, Hoya.  I have a date."


They drove out to a nice quiet place on the hillside with an outstanding view of the city below.  Woohyun noticed Sunggyu's solemn expression on his face ever since they left the mansion.

"Is something wrong?" asked Woohyun, concerned.  "You're quiet than usual."

Sunggyu stopped pushing the wheelchair and walked around to face Woohyun.

"What is it?" asked Woohyun.  "You're acting strange."

Sunggyu took a deep breath and sighed.  "I shouldn't have gotten close to you," said Sunggyu.  "It makes my job difficult."

Woohyun was confused.  "Are you saying you want us to stop?" asked Woohyun.  "Are you going to leave me?"

Sunggyu shook his head.  "I'm not who you think I am," he admitted.

"I don't care what you are," said Woohyun.

Sunggyu closed his eyes, trying to hold back the tears.  He opened them moments later as he pulled out the gun from his pocket and pointed it at Woohyun.

"Sunggyu, what are you doing?" asked Woohyun, eyes wide in shock.

"I'm sorry," said Sunggyu.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" asked Woohyun.

Sunggyu could see the hurt in Woohyun's eyes.

"You said you would protect me even if it cost you your life," reminded Woohyun.  "Is he that important to you that you would betray me?  Do I mean nothing to you?"

Sunggyu looked at him, surprised at the mention of the word 'he'.  He wondered if Woohyun had figured out whose orders he was obeying.

"I trusted you," said Woohyun with a bitter smile.  He lowered his head.  "I love you," he confessed.

The words made Sunggyu's heart ache.  He knew Woohyun was hurting.

"Why would you do this to me?" Woohyun asked in tears.

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun and without warning, pulled the trigger.  Woohyun's eyes widened in shock as he watched the bullet head his way.

"Sunggyu!" Woohyun shouted as he closed his eyes and waited for the impact of the bullet. 

Woohyun opened his eyes when he felt no impact.  Sunggyu was standing in front of him with his gun down.  Woohyun turned to look behind him and saw a man lying in a heap on the ground behind him.  A gun was by his hand.  Blood pooled out from a bullet wound to his head.

"Sunggyu?" cried Woohyun, realising Sunggyu had shot the man instead.

Sunggyu dropped to his knees in front of Woohyun.  "I can't do it," said Sunggyu.  "I would rather die than hurt you."

"Then die!" said a voice.

Before they could react, a bullet fired at Sunggyu.  Blood gushed out as he clutched his stomach.

"Sunggyu!" Woohyun screamed.

Woohyun wanted to go over to Sunggyu's side but was forced to stay still when he felt a gun pointed at his head.  A man stood holding the gun.  What shocked him more was seeing the familiar face of the person walking towards them with a bodyguard by his side.