The Bodyguard - Chapter 12

The Bodyguard

Woohyun did not want to believe his eyes when he saw the man.

"Father?" said Woohyun in disbelief.  "What is going on?"

"Don't call me father," said Mr Nam.  "You're not my son.  You're just the product of that woman's infidelity.  How dare she lie to me all these years."

"What are you saying, father?" asked Woohyun, shocked at his father's words.

"If only you had died that day in that car," said Mr Nam.

Woohyun finally understood.  "The car accident was your doing?" asked Woohyun. 

Woohyun had to admit, he was rather shocked.  He was expecting it to be Myungsoo since Myungsoo had hated him so much.

"Mother also died in a car accident," said Woohyun with tears strolling down his cheeks.  "Was that your doing too?"

"Good riddance," replied Mr Nam.  "You should have followed her footsteps.  You're an eyesore.  Who would have thought you would be able to even tame a killer?"  He turned to look at Sunggyu bleeding on the ground.  "I am disappointed, Sunggyu."

Even though he was bleeding, Sunggyu tried to reach for his gun which was out of his grasp.  Mr Nam saw this and nodded at one of his guard, who came over and kicked Sunggyu's gun further away.

"Look at you," mocked Mr Nam as he looked at Sunggyu.  "If you had let those riders do what they wanted, you wouldn't have had to do a thing and your job would have been accomplished.  Even those kidnappers were doing us a favour.  Yet, you just had to get in the way."

"I won't let you kill him," said Sunggyu as he struggled to stand.

The guard standing near Sunggyu aimed his gun at him.  Sunggyu was barely standing when he collapsed again, bleeding profusely from his wound.

"My guards have great aim," laughed Mr Nam.

"Sunggyu!" Woohyun cried, but could do nothing with the gun at his head.  The sight of Sunggyu covered in blood made his heart hurt.

Mr Nam laughed at Woohyun's tears.  "You're crying for the man that was sent to kill you," said Mr Nam.  "I'll let you witness his death."

Mr Nam pulled a gun out from his jacket as he aimed it at Sunggyu.

"No!" Woohyun cried.

In a swift movement, Woohyun grabbed the gun pointed at his head and turned it on it's owner, shooting him dead.

The sound of the gun shot surprised the others as they turned to see the commotion.  Mr Nam was about to turn and look but stopped when he felt the nozzle of a gun pointed at the back of his head.

"Those riders and kidnappers," whispered the voice at his ear.  "They wouldn't have done you any favours, since I sent them."