The Bodyguard - Chapter 8

The Bodyguard

They were inside an old and dark basement with a staircase leading out.  Sunggyu was restrained by two men while Woohyun was thrown to the ground.  Woohyun saw the blood pouring out from the bullet in Sunggyu's chest.

"What do you want?" asked Woohyun.

"We heard there was a reward for your death," spoke the leader of the group.  "But we thought it'd be more value if we kept you as a hostage.  What would your father pay to have his son back?  Ten million dollars is a small price, wouldn't you say?"

Woohyun gasped in shock.  "Ten million?" asked Woohyun.  "You-"

"Your father is rich.  Ten million is just loose change to him," said the leader.  "Or do you need some convincing?"

"What are you going to do?" asked Woohyun when he saw the leader approached Sunggyu.

The leader smiled.  "We saw your little touching moment before, so I guess he's more than just a bodyguard to you."

The leader placed his finger on the spot where Sunggyu was shot and pushed the bullet in deeper.  Sunggyu gritted his teeth to stop himself from screaming out as he beared the pain.

"No!" Woohyun cried.  "Please stop!  Don't hurt him.  Please!  I'll do it!  Just stop."

The leader smiled at Sunggyu.  "You're a lucky guy."


The phone rang at the Nam residence as Mr Nam answered.  The kidnappers demanded $10 million ransom at which he agreed without thinking.

"But father," said Myungsoo.  "You shouldn't give in to these low lives.  What if they go back on their words?"

"I can't risk Woohyun's life.  They promised he would be safe as long as we don't involve the police," said Mr Nam.

"Then let Sungyeol deliver the ransom," suggested Myungsoo.

Mr Nam agreed.


Woohyun and Sunggyu were locked in the basement while the men went to collect their ransom.  Woohyun tried to stop the bleeding from Sunggyu's bullet wound as the tears strolled down his face.

"I'm sorry," apologised Sunggyu.  "I'm your bodyguard and yet-"

"No!  I don't want you to be my bodyguard," Woohyun blurted out in tears.  "I don't want you to risk your life for me."

Sunggyu raised his hand to wipe the tears on Woohyun's face.  "Please don't cry," begged Sunggyu.  "It hurts me to see you cry."

"Please don't ever leave me," pleaded Woohyun.

"You don't have to worry," Sunggyu replied.  "I won't ever leave you.  I'll protect you even if it costs me my life.  I'm your bodyguard, remember?"

Woohyun shook his head.  "No, I don't want that," protested Woohyun.  "I...I don't want to lose you."

Sunggyu smiled as he pulled Woohyun into his embrace.