The Bodyguard - Chapter 7

The Bodyguard

There was a knock at the door as the butler entered with the breakfast trolley.  He looked towards the bed and noticed the two sleeping figures under the covers.

"Hmm, I must remind them to lock the door next time," he said.


Sunggyu opened his eyes and looked at the sleeping figure in his arms.  He raised one hand to the side of Woohyun's face.  Woohyun stirred at the touch and slowly opened his eyes to stare into Sunggyu's eyes.

"Good morning," said Woohyun, with his arm still holding onto Sunggyu.  "Sungjong didn't wake us today."

"He's already been," said Sunggyu, nodding over to the breakfast laid out on the table.


When they came out to the main hall, the butler informed them that Mr Nam had left early for a meeting at the office with Myungsoo.  Sunggyu saw the disappointed look on Woohyun's face.

"They won't be back for dinner tonight either," informed the butler.

"I guess it can't be helped since father is so busy," said Woohyun understandingly.

Sunggyu looked at Woohyun and didn't like the sad look on his face.  How he wanted Woohyun to smile.


The cool breeze was gentle and the night sky was sparkling with diamonds.  Sunggyu pushed Woohyun in his wheelchair as they strolled along the waterfront promenade.  There were couples holding hands while others cuddled close.

"This romantic atmosphere makes me feel like we're on a date," joked Woohyun.

Sunggyu suddenly stopped in his step.

Woohyun noticed this and titled his head back.  "What's wro-"

Woohyun didn't get to finish his sentence as he saw Sunggyu lean his head over and their lips met.  Woohyun was startled at Sunggyu's sudden action.  He felt Sunggyu's soft lips upon his as Sunggyu kissed him ever so tenderly.  Woohyun closed his eyes and soon gave in as he returned the kiss with as much passion.

Sunggyu finally pulled away slowly to allow them to breathe.

"I'm sorry," said Sunggyu.  "I shouldn't have done that."

Woohyun smiled.  "Don't apologise," he said.

Their conversation was cut short when they heard gunshots followed by screams as people started to panic and run.  Sunggyu pulled out his gun.

"Watch out!" Sunggyu shouted as he saw a bullet headed their way.

Sunggyu ran to cover Woohyun as the bullet hit him in the chest.

"Sunggyu!" shouted Woohyun.

They soon found themselves surrounded by many men all with guns pointed at them.