The Bodyguard - Chapter 13

The Bodyguard

Sunggyu stared in shock at what he saw.  There, stood the man he thought to be paralysed.  Sunggyu couldn't believe his eyes.

Woohyun was standing with a gun at Mr Nam's head.  With his free hand, Woohyun took the gun from Mr Nam's hand.

"Throw your gun down!" ordered Woohyun to the guard beside Sunggyu.

The guard obliged at the nod of Mr Nam's head.

"Now step away," ordered Woohyun.

The guard stepped aside as Woohyun dragged Mr Nam over to where Sunggyu was, the gun still held firmly at Mr Nam's head.

"You surprise me, Woohyun," said Mr Nam.

"I only learn from you, father," said Woohyun. 

"Why would you send people to kill yourself?" asked Mr Nam.

"They wouldn't have killed me.  The riders were just to ensure that the bodyguard you sent me would do his job.  I wanted to know who rigged that car.  I really thought it was Myungsoo, since he hated me so much, but I guess he's just a spoilt brat.  You, dear father, had me believed you were the loving father when you agreed to pay that ransom." said Woohyun.  "Those fools went overboard when they hurt Sunggyu.  I could never forgive them."

Woohyun pushed Mr Nam over to where the guard was.  He still held them at gun point as he helped Sunggyu up.

"You think I'm just going to let you go like this?' asked Mr Nam.

Woohyun looked in the distance and saw a group of men in suits approaching the scene.  With one arm supporting Sunggyu, he fired several shots at Mr Nam.  The guard grabbed Mr Nam and pushed him out of the way.  Using this chance, Woohyun escaped the scene.

"Kill them!" ordered Mr Nam.

The group of men gave chase.


Woohyun managed to drag Sunggyu and hid behind some shrubs.  Woohyun looked at the blood gushing out.  He took off his shirt and tied it around the wound to try and stop the bleeding.

"You should leave," said Sunggyu.  "I will only slow you down."

Woohyun shook his head.  "I'm not leaving you!" he said firmly.

"I lied to you," confessed Sunggyu.  "I'm not your bodyguard."

"Your feelings for me, were they lies too?" asked Woohyun.  "If you can look me in the eye and tell me you don't love me, then I will leave."

Sunggyu stared into Woohyun's eyes.  "I..." he began.  "I love you."

Woohyun smiled and placed a gentle kiss on Sunggyu's lips.  "I love you too," he replied.


They weren't far from where the car was parked, when they found themselves surrounded by the group of men.

"Thanks for the blood trail," said Mr Nam.  "Looks like this is the end!"

Sunggyu and Woohyun looked at each other.  There was no escape.

"Get down!" shouted a voice.

Woohyun recognised the voice.  Without wasting a second, he grabbed Sunggyu and pushed him to the ground.  Woohyun lay on top of Sunggyu, covering him with his body.

Two figures approached with guns blazing. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Next chapter will be the end.