DUET

Upside Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rose

Right after we release the collab Christmas song, the girls and the boys immediately went to their hometowns.

You see, Big Hit Entertainment gave the groups the privilege to spend Christmas and New Year with their own families, this is a reward for the hardwork that we made in the past year, after our successful collaboration.

We didn't really promote nor perform the song to music shows, cause it's just like a gift to the fans and also it's a strategy to make people's minds work on how our groups get along.

But not everyone in the group get to enjoy the privilege.

Sadly, Jungkook sunbaenim and I are the exceptions to the rule.

The management has planned beforehand that our own collab song will be released in February of the next year, perfect for Valentines.

And now, just 2 weeks before Christmas, I was stuck here in the recording studio with the most awkward member, Jungkook sunbaenim.

"Good job, guys!" our co-producer applauded the both of us after we finished the recording of our Valentine song. "Tomorrow we will be doing your pictorial for the promotional photos and set for the week after Christmas is the MV filming, okay?" our manager reminded us.

"So, you mean to say, we have atleast a week to go back home?" Jungkook sunbaenim asks.

"Hm, well yeah." she beams but when her eyes landed on me, a frown was formed on her face, "Oh, Chaeyoung-ssi..." I then shake my head, knowing that pity look on her face

"Don't worry about me. I can, hmm. go..." I thought for a moment "Somewhere" I chuckled a little as I tuck my hair behind my ear.

Honestly, I don't have any idea where to spend my Christmas.

My members are going to their own families.

My family is in Australia, a week is not enough to go back and forth.

I only had one hope, unfortunately, busy schedule hinders us.

I sigh when I realized that it'll only be me this Christmas.

 

*Click Click Click*

"Ok! That's good, Chaeyoung-ssi!" my solo shoot has just finished. "Ms. Choo, please call Jungkook. It's time for their shoot together."

Oh yeah. This is our collaboration song, so we really have to take a photo together. Also, unlike the Christmas song, we are set to promote this one. This is to prepare my solo comeback and Jungkook sunbaenim's solo debut.

When he comes on the set, we both bowed at each other. "Let's start!"

*Click Click*

"Just a reminder, this is a love song, not an awkward song." the photographer irritatingly tells us.

*Click Click*

I then saw the photographer grab his hair and growl. "Aren't you guys artists? Why are you so awkward?"

He takes a deep breath "Okay, just think that you're in love with your bestfriend, that's the whole point of the song. And I bet you've watched or read a lot of stories like that!!"

I was startled when I heard him shout. Oh God, he's scary when he's mad. I look at my partner and I saw him biting his lips hard, I'm worried it might bleed.

I decided to take the matters into my own hands,

"Sunbaenim." I called out to him, he then looked down at me and hums

"I've done some pictorials for love songs before. We initially have to be comfortable first." I smiled at him. We're really not that close that's why we're really having a hard time.

He just nodded.

"Let's begin. Just look at each other's eyes!!!!"

 

Jungkook

"This will do, it's a wrap everybody." the photographer announces.

Ugh. That was so awkward.

How do they expect me to look at her when I don't even know her. I mean, ugh! I'm nuts.

Just then, Ms. Choo breaks my trail of thoughts "Jungkook, let's eat out. Come on."

 

We decided to grab our lunch in one of the most famous restaurants in Hongdae. Ahh. the grilled meat here is just perfect, I wonder what their secret is.

"So, you two get into the photographer's nerves." she glances at the both of us.

None from us answered her, and there I heard her sigh "You should try to be closer to one another. The MV filming is way more difficult than the pictorial. And the promotions as well. I thought you can act a little or pretend that you're close for the sake of the song. But I guess no. In your groups, the two of you are the most awkward. So, you have to exert some effort in here."

I glance at the girl across me and I saw her pursing her lips into a thin line. She maybe is thinking deep right now.

"Anyway, Chaeyoung-ssi" she called her attention "Do you want to go with me in Daegu for Christmas?"

"Uh-uhm, no. No. I'm fine." she assures her with a little smile.

"You'll be spending Christmas with a friend?"

"N-no. But, I can finish the songs for my solo comeback. And... video call my parents." she says as she lowers her head.

It'll be really sad to spend Christmas alone, right?

 

 

It's the Christmas Eve tonight. And instead of riding a train going to Busan, I'm currently in my car going to the grocery store. I plan to cook something for later. A simple dish good for 2.

Okay, honestly, I don't know what has gotten i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter