SCANDAL

Upside Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rose

We sold over a million of copies of our album for our summer comeback and our concert and world tour announcement have been staying on the news for days now. And, as of this moment we are in the middle of rehearsing since our first ever concert will be held next week.

"This is so crazy, even though we've been practicing for hours now I think I can still manage to dance for another hour!" Lisa says in exhilaration.

"Yes, no doubt I can do this even for the following days!" Jisoo unnie exclaims in exaggeration.

"This will be our very first concert, so we have to give it our best shot, fighting Beulping!" Jennie unnie cheers.

I just simply smile, really, this will be a big event in our lives. And I can't still believe that from being prisons of the dungeon just a year ago, now we're here freely doing what we love, our own music.

"Why are you crying?" Jennie unnie worriedly rushed to me.

I touched my face to check if I really weren't able to stop my tears from falling, "Ugh, sorry. I am just being so emotional here. This is a milestone in our lives and I am so happy that we're going to do this all together." I say.

The three of them nod and smile at me, unknowing to them tears also started to fall from their eyes. This caused Jisoo unnie to scoff. "Let's stop this drama, I hate it." she then wipes her tears.

We just all laughed because of our over the top crying and bring one another in a warm embrace.

Jennie unnie then mumbles "I love you girls."

 

Without even noticing that it is already dark, the four of us lie down on the floor, all sweaty and breathing heavily.

"I'm hungry." I blurt out.

"I want chicken." Jisoo unnie says with a pout on her lips.

Just then the door opened "Who wants chicken?"

I don't know which actually made the four of us instantly bolt up from the floor whether it's the fact that some people barged into our room or because someone brought chickens?

"Chicken!" Jisoo unnie hurriedly grabbed the plastic from Hobi oppa's hands.

"So, how's the practice going huh?" Namjoon oppa asks as he sits on the bench sides. I'm not really sure if no one has really heard his question but at that moment nothing can be heard except from our munching and chewing sounds.

After we eat, Jimin oppa and Hobi oppa took the floor and danced to some of the hit music of today. Lisa joined them, which ofcourse Tae hyung made sure to record, probably to upload in the social media.

I then spotted my favorite person, "Hey!" as I take the space beside him. I immediately take his hand "Where's the bracelet?"

"Oh, uh, it's in the dorm." he says pursing his lips into a thin line.

I pout at him "Why are you not wearing it? I thought you liked the design?"

He just chuckles a little "Yeah, I do. That's why I'm keeping it."

I just sigh since I don't know how to counter that anymore. You see, our last day in Hawaii was spent to buy souveneirs. We did it in groups. Jennie unnie-Jimin oppa-Tae oppa, Namjoon oppa-Jisoo unnie- Yoongi oppa, Hobi oppa-Lisa-Jin oppa and then Jungkook and I.

As far as I know, the first group bought clothes which they chose for one another; Taehyung oppa earned criticisms from Jennie unnie for his fashion. While in Jisoo unnie's team, she made the two guys buy her favorite globes which ofcourse they weren't able to refuse. Lastly, Hobi oppa chose some home decorations for the three of them and just to commend, I can say that this group is the most easy-going one.

While the two of us really had a hard time choosing ours.

"Oh gosh! I can't choose what to buy!" I said as I look into the variety of accessories displayed.

Jungkook was just standing behind me, letting me choose whatever I want.

Just then, the vendor spoke "Ma'am and sir. Look at these bracelets. These are believed to be lucky charms to the couple who'll buy these."

I was really charmed by the bracelets, they are beautiful. She then adds "The owners of the bracelets will be together forever."

Whoa. I want this. "I want!"

"He-hey. We're not a couple, Ma'am." Jungkook interrupts.

"Oh. But you don't really have to be a couple to own these."

"Yeah, as friends you know. Atleast we can be assured that we could be together forever. Until we get married, have our own babies,... Oh gosh! That's amazing! I want us to be like that!"

I immediately paid for the bracelets and forcefully put it on his wrist.

In the end, we bought these lucky matchy bracelets.

 

Jungkook

I just chuckled to myself as I stare at the bracelet that she bought for the two of us.

Together forever until we get married? Just thinking about it gives me chills.

After that Hawaii trip, I have resorted to a decision that I'll keep these feelings, though it is kind of painful, I still choose to enjoy and treasure them. Even just as a friend, I'll stay by her side.

Tomorrow will be their big day, and being their good friends, we decided to visit them and stay with them for the whole day. The moment we arrived at their practice room, we immediately noticed the gloomy atmosphere that surrounds the room.

"Why are they sad?" Tae hyung whispered to me, obviously worried about the girls. And again, Lisa was there to the rescue. "Chaeng's family can't go. There's a storm in Australia now cancelling all flights for tomorrow."

Aw. I felt my heart crack. I'm hundred percent sure that she's upset now.

My feet seem to have the mind of their own "Hey, you okay?" I ask her while she's busy texting.

She just gave me a sad smile "Well, we can't do anything about it now. I don't want to force it, I want them safe."

I just caressed the back of her head and say "It's okay, we're here..." knowing that our presence isn't enough, I quickly added the most hurtful words I can utter "He's going to be there."

And as if wanting my heart to be torn into pieces, her smile grew wider and more beautiful than ever.

How I wish I have that power. With just the mere mention of his name, her mood instantly lights up.

I envy him.

 

Once their practice is over, we decided to treat the girls dinner. We went to our favorite restaurant to let the girls taste the best beef in whole Seoul.

"Cheers to the success of your first ever concert!" Hobi oppa exclaims, raising his glass of juice for the girls.

We all followed him and really prayed for tomorrow's success. I turn to my left only to see Chaeng with furrowed eyebrows while texting on her phone.

Could there be something wrong?

Anyway, we spent the night just chatting, eating and taking shots of soju. Well, not everyone of us drank. Tae hyung, Lisa, Chaeng and I didn't even taste it.

Again, as I looked at her, it's not just furrowed eyebrows. Now, she has a frowning face and a really sad vibe is around her.

She went outside to probably cool her mind, I followed her since I can't bring myself to leave her alone.

"Hey." I greet her sitting beside her.

"Hi." she responds weakly.

"Is there anything wrong?" I asked.

She suddenly laughs a little and turns to me "How come you always know when I'm down?"

Because I always watch over you

She then lowered her head "He can't come." her smile faltering.

Wh-what the ? How can he not be there?

She takes a deep breath and speaks "I want to force him since I really want him to be th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter