FAMILY

Upside Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rose

I was humming the latest song we released just a month ago as we arrange the Christmas tree in our new home, our building is just across BTS sunbaenim's building.

"Hey Lisa, I don't think that ball should be put there, it doesn't go with the style." Jennie unnie suggests while pointing her fingers to the place she thinks the color fits.

"Wea? I think it looks good there." Jisoo unnie contradicts while munching the toasted bread I made during breakfast.

Jennie unnie rolls her eyes "Unnie, who's the Chanel girl between us?"

Jisoo unnie thinks for a second then mutters

"You.." Jennie unnie claps her hans twice, "Good. Just enjoy your food huh? Chaeng will make you more." And Jisoo unnie jumps with joy.

Wh-what? I scoff in my head, now, I'm included. Heh.

Just then, the doorbell rang. Lisa hurriedly stands and runs to the door, while the three of us get back to designing our Christmas tree.

"How are you doing, girls?" Manager Choo greets us.

"Unnie!!" I scream and engulf her in a tight embrace.

"Ah, aw, aw. Cha--engie, d-do you.." Jennie unnie then tapped my arms and pulled me away. "You're choking her Chaeng." Lisa comments while caressing our manager's throat.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm just happy that finally she visits us. I thought she only remembers us when it's work-related." I pout at them.

"Oh, our cutie Chaeng missed you so much, unnie." Jisoo unnie teased me.

I rolled my eyes and we all laugh.

We share the food unnie bought for us. And there, she opens up her real motive in coming into our place. "Just so you know, the boys are ending their tour on Friday. They'll be back here for good." she informs us.

"And so?" Jennie unnie questions with prolonged o.

"And the company wants to release a Christmas song." Manager choo adds.

"I know! I know!" Jisso unnie then shouts while raising her right hand "And Bang PD-nim wants us to sing with our brothers." she sarcastically answers while wiggling her brows up and down.

With her lips pressed in a thin line, she then nods her head slowly. "Ugh! You just really came here for work!" I sulked then covered my face.

"Our Chipmunk, it's not like that ok. I love you girls even in a short period of time. I was just busy with your advertisement deals.” Then winked at me. "Okay, I get it." still frowning.

We then noticed that Lisa has been mum all this time. "Hey, Lisa. Why are you so quiet?" Jennie unnie asks her,

"I-it's just, it's just tha-t.." she stutters while trying to explain her self.

"Stop with that baby talk and complete a sentence." Jennie unnie widens her eyes at her

"Iambecomingnervousofthethoughtofworkingwiththeoppas." she rambles so fast.

"Don't worry, we get that." Jisoo unnie says with wide open.

Whoa. What a rapper. Yo girl!

Well, speaking of that matter. I also feel anxious with the thought of working with the sunbaenims. For the four months that we stayed here we already managed to have a comeback, right after our debut as Big Hit artists.

And in that span, we had only interacted with them once. It was only when they surprised us when we got our first ever PAK under Big Hit.

They were so busy with their tours and out of the country interviews and activities, while we stayed here in Korea trying to expand our name by composing new songs and holding gatherings for our fans locally. We really haven't gotten the chance to get to know them more.

And so, having to work, sing and perform with them is something really new to all of us, perhaps, even for them.

 

Jungkook

"So, how would the song be?" Yoongi hyung asked the producer. We are currently in the living area of our dorm, discussing with the producer our upcoming collaboration with Blackpink.

"It's really up to you. As long as it fits the Christmas celebration. You know we trust you." the producer says.

"Okay, I get it. I'll work on this right away." Yoongi hyung then stands and was about to leave when Hobi hyung stops him

"Whoa. Whoa. Hyung, what are you talking about? You're going to work on this, all alone?" Hobi hyung asks in disbelief. "Hm, yeah. I can finish this in one sitting." he explains nonchalantly.

Jimin hyung then scoffs and crosses his arms "This is a COLLABORATION." he pronounces the word with conviction. "Meaning, we have to work with the girls." he continues.

"Well, I am going to distribute the lines fairly. Though Rose might get more lines than our vocal line here." Yoongi hyung answers, as if really not getting what the guys are trying to say.

Then, we heard Namjoon hyung chuckles "Sorry. sorry. This is just so funny. Yoongi really doesn't get it."

Yoongi hyung then furrowed his eyebrows, confusion written all over his face. "You know, the girls will appreciate it more if we include them in composing the song. They're great according to you, so I think this can do."

Yoongi hyung stares at us one by one, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter