COMFORT

Upside Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi! Kindly give me the permission to promote my new short story in here, entitled, Last Days. If you guys are interested, please check it out and hit the 'subscribe' button. Its chapter 1 is already out! Thank you so much! <3

Rose

We're in our thirteenth stop right now, in Malaysia. And so far we have been delivering great shows according to our fan's feedbacks in social media. Hopefully our outstanding performance streak could continue.

"Chaeng, come on. Let's try some local stores in here." Lisa called me.

"Coming."

You see, it has almost been three months since that happened, though it really hurts so much and I'd still cry at night, I can feel that day by day I get lesser affected by that fact. My members never leave me everytime we're in the foreign country. A day before our concert, we'd go eat outside or just simply stay at the hotel room to play some games.

While when we're back in Korea the guys, surprisingly, do some efforts to make me happy. Like visiting the dorm with food and a movie in hand. Everyone has been comforting me and helping me to mend this broken heart.

Speaking of comforting, I must say that Jungkook takes that first place. Everyday, when I say everyday I mean daily and no miss at all, he'd message me some random thoughts he has like the game he plays, the movie he currently watches, etc. Before our performace, he'll call me for a brief moment to wish us goodluck. At night, he calls me just to tell me how his day went.

And everytime we are back in Korea he'll make sure to always prepare some activities to do. Like last time, we went to his favorite bowling place as he taught me how to play. And obviously, I won over him three times. What's best about all this, it's always his treat.

I really didn't have any idea that he's this generous. Heh.

 

Ring ring ring

"Hmm, hello." I greet him.

"Hey. Gonna be up in minutes?" he asked.

"Yeah. We're just doing the final touches for our make ups and the stage, and then we're on." I told him. We are currently at the backstage preparing to give our Malaysian fans the show they all deserve. I then ask, "How about you? What are you doing?"

"I'm in my studio trying to finish my songs, you know, time is ticking." I just chuckled a little knowing that his album is really in a rush right now. I really don't know what happened to his album, because as far as I know it was almost done before our collaboration. But according to him, he changed his songs. Since he changed his mind about the theme of the album, so there he started from the scratch again.

And when I asked him what was his theme now and then, he just shrugged and said "It's a secret. You'll find out."

"Well, I just hope you'd finish that as soon as possible, people are excited to hear your own composed songs."

"I might. I've been motivated these past few days, well I might as well call it, inspired." He says and even if I can't see him right at this moment, I know he's smiling.

I just laugh at his statement "Now, I'm really wondering what your album could be about, hmm."

"You'll find out soon. Anyway, I just called to wish you goodluck." He says on the other line.

A smile was formed in my face, he really never fails to show me that he's always there.

But I wonder, what could his inspiration be?

 

Jungkook

*Brrrr* *Brrrr* *Brrrr*

No... Please... Just 5 more minutes.

I again went back to my slumber, but this alarm clock I bought is malfunctioning! It keeps on breaking my ears from its annoying sound.

And as if not enough, my phone alarms, whoa. This probably is the most vexing collaboration of all time.

I grab my phone and peep, and instantly, I gained the motivation I needed to detach myself from my bed when I read the reminder

Chaeyoung's arrival @ 10AM, Incheon Airport.

I'm going to pick her up today since we planned to go to the pet shop today to get her new puppy.

And if it isn't obvious just yet, I am pumped!

 

I put my mask and cap on as I wait in my car somewhere near the airport, since I can't go there knowing that their fans have flocked the whole area, we just agreed to meet somewhere near where she'll be dropped by their manager.

And in no more than 20minutes, the girl I've been waiting for is knocking on my window. I immediately unlock the car doors and there she entered.

Once inside, she pulled her mask down her chin and smiled widely at me,

Have mercy with my heart please.

"Hi!" She greets me.

I cleared my throat first, "Hey, how was the tour?"

She leaned her head back "Though I must admit that it's really tiring, still it was so fun."

I reached for her head to lightly tap it before saying "I'm glad you're happy." and there I press on the gas to quickly get something that could make her happier.

But before we could even reach the pet shop, my phone rings. I glance at it, oh it's mom.

"It's your mom, kookie, go answer it."

And since I'm driving, I put my mom on speaker mode "Mom?"

"Jungkook, where are you now?"

"I'm currently driving going to somewhere..."

"Oh good, can you drop by here at Hongdae? I'm here."

My eyes widen and I look at Chaeng, who's staring at me while smiling, "Why is it so sudden?"

"Well, I was just here to eat with a friend but then, the last minute, she cancelled it since something important came up."

"Ahh." I again turn to Chaeng and there she nods eagerly and gestures her hands while mouthing Go, I'm fine with it.

"Oh, okay mom. I'll be there."

"Okay, I'll wait for you here."

I then noticed Chaeng's fingers fiddle nonstop. "Hey, are you really fine with this?"

She was startled then fakes a chuckle, "Yeah. We can get the puppy some other time."

I slowly nod but still question, "But... you seem nervous?"

She then blinked multiple times before she sighed "I'm sorry. I just realized this will be the first time that I'll be meeting your mom. And I just suddenly become anxious about it."

I laugh at her reason "But why?"

She groaned then answered "But I've never met a guy's mo--" she then paused and then a frown replaced her face "Oh, except Sungjae's."

.

He's again the reason why her mood instantly changed and has become down.

I gripped the steering wheel as tightly as I could.

Damn that goodie two shoes guy.

I fake a cough and tell her, "Actually my mom is your fan, so I bet she'll be really delighted to meet you."

She then placed her hand on her chest, "I hope so."

 

When we reached the restaurant, Chaeng unbuckled her seatbelt and before she could open the door I grab her arm, "Where are you going?"

She looked at me "I'll go transfer at the backseat. Your mom should be at the passenger seat. You know." she used the duh tone with me.

I just my lips and nod my head in understanding.

This girl never fails to amaze me with her manners and politeness.

I think I have a good taste.

I then go inside the restaurant and get my mom. The moment I come near her, I immediately engulfed her in a tight embrace.

"I miss you mom."

"I miss you too our Jungkookie." she says while rubbing my back up and down.

We head to the car, I opened the door for her and once I got inside, my mom blurted out something...

"So, how's Chaeyoung? Is she fine?"

My heart almost jumped out of my chest, , I forgot to tell mom that she's here.

I cleared my throat then tell my mom "She actually here," Chaeng then popped her head infront and smiled at my mother.

"Hello ma'am."

My mom's eyes grow bigger than ever, "H-hi! I'm Jungkook's mom."

The three of us had our lunch at Chaeng's favorite restaurant.

Both my mom and Chaeyoung are having a hard time in cutting the meat, so I decided to slice the first meat for mom and the second for Chaeyoung. And in return both gave me the sweetest smile and a 'thank you'.

My mom then put her share of sliced mangoes in Chaeyoung's plate, "I heard you love mangoes a lot, so here." she said while smiling at Chaeng.

Chaeng was frozen in place but still bowed a little to show her gratitude. "Thank you, ma'am."

My mom just laughs a little then tells her "Don't call me ma'am. Instead, call me mom."

Chaeyoung blushed madly and I myself choked.

"M-om." I said, trying to warn mom. I'm seriously scared that something might slip out .

"Why? Those people who make my son happy are very much welcome in our family."

.

I can feel heat creeping up my face and my ing heart is beating wildly inside me.

She then laughs a little louder this time, "You know, like his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter