HIDEOUT

Upside Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rose

It has already been two weeks now since Jungkook and I started going out, however, nothing special has ever occurred nor changed between us since we never really had the chance to meet. They went to the U.S. for the BBMA and stayed for two weeks to do more promotions.

And today will be the very first time we'll see each other again...

But don't expect too much. We are going to see each other at Big Hit's and for what reason it may be?

We all have no idea.

But one thing is for sure, it's about work.

Okay, to say that I am not anxious will be a total lie. My hands are shaking uncontrollably ever since this morning.

Imagine how awkward will our first meeting after that be.

Just then my trail of thoughts was cut off when Lisa snapped her fingers in front of my face.

I blink multiple times before I utter a word-- "Oh..."

Lisa just rolled her eyes "What Oh? Stop spacing out, we're here."

I bet my bag's going to break considering how strong am I clutching onto it for my dear life as we take steps towards the conference room.

As soon as Jisso unnie touched the door to let us in, I, unconsciously, sighed out loud which cause Lisa to turn to me and squint her eyes. I just gave her a smile and a peace sign.

Here we go.

.

.

.

And there his eyes looking only at me. I quickly avert my eyes to avoid any staring to happen.

And to make things worse (for my mind and heart), the only vacant seat was the one across him.

Just how lucky I am huh?

I am lucky, I know.

I take a subtle glance at him only to find him already staring.

Ugh. This is difficult seeing your boyfriend after a long time but still had to pretend that butterflies aren't partying inside my tummy.

I take a deep breath and decided to just focus on the topic of discussion which is---

"A concert?" Jennie unnie clarifies.

"That's right. You heard it right, Jennie. A concert. We think it's about time to promote the label, our company, Big Hit." Bang PD-nim proudly relays us the big news.

Lisa then squeals, "I'm sorry. But I am just so excited! Aside from performing, we'll be able to perform with them. I'm so pumped." She explains enthusiastically.

"You don't know how much we want this as well." Namjoon oppa coolly says with a smile on his face.

"Oh yeah! We've been dreaming to hold a concert with labelmates, just like the other companies. We were always wondering how it feels to perform with other people aside from ourselves." Hobi oppa rambles with apparent delight in his voice.

I can't help but smile.

I guess the feeling is mutual.

We have always wanted to participate in a YG concert but because of the things that happened, we weren't able to experience it.

"So as part of our preparation, the two groups will be working closely for more than a month." Bang PD-nim tells us.

He then continues "Now, the song that you've been recording will finally be released. You guys will shoot the MV, promote for two weeks and there we'll start rehearsing. This is actually a great way to keep the team intact. You guys will be closer than ever." I can feel my eyes grow widely as much as Bang-PDnim's grin completely showed his perfect teeth.

Closer than ever?

We're dead.

 

I was ready to just sleep later that night, however, here comes the guy.

Jungkook : Are you asleep?

Me : Nope. Wide awake.

Jungkook : Good. Let's meet.

I pursed my lips into a thin line to prevent this smile to creep through my face.

Me : And Y?

I hugged my pillow while my toes are dancing to the music coming from my speakers,

Jungkook : We haven't seen each other for so long.

I was about to type in my reply when I received another text message

Jungkook : And you didn't even spare me a glance a while ago.

I bit lower lip, sorry. I just had to.

Me : And so?

As soon as I sent the message, my phone rang all of a sudden that I almost drop it.

"He-hello?" I say.

"You do enjoy this, Park Chaeyoung, huh?" he asked with an obvious irritated voice.

I chuckled a little before I still stick to my innocence "What are you talking about?"

I heard a growl from the other line before he finally speaks "Come on, let's just meet."

I was silent for a moment, still thinking of a good response when he suddenly made my heart skip a beat,

"Please..."

He paused for a moment,

"I just miss you. A lot."

Okay.

That's it.

My heart's officially dead.

"O-okay then. Let's meet."

"Great. I'm just here downstairs."

"WHAT!"

 

"Why did you come here?" I whispered as soon as I dragged him away from our building.

I put a mask on his face since this kid doesn't care while I am wearing a mask that covers almost my whole face.

And instead of hearing a word from him, he just engulfed me with a tight embrace.

My reasons have crumbled down as soon as I f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter