Chapter 3

Follow Me and Run

Chanyeol suggests that they all go out for dinner, but the idea is shot down by Junmyeon, who apologetically explains that he’s had his fill of restaurant food for a while. “You guys should go, though! I know the kids nowadays are always wanting to hang out and be cool and all.”

Sehun cringes inwardly, exchanging a glance with Baekhyun, who looks similarly embarrassed. Kris rolls his eyes, but his expression is still fond. Jongdae, on the other hand, can’t hold in his laughter. “You’re only three years older than us, Junmyeon-hyung.”

“What’s your point?” Junmyeon counters.

“Okay, anyway,” Sehun interrupts before Jongdae can say anything else. “I kind of wanted to eat with Junmyeon-hyung today. It’s been a while.”

“Oh god, don’t leave me to be the third wheel with these losers,” Jongdae groans.

“Hey, we’re not losers,” Baekhyun protests at the same time as Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows and asks, “Why would you be the third wheel?”

Jongdae elects to ignore Baekhyun in favor of raising his eyebrows at Chanyeol. “Really? For a super-nerd, you’re super dumb.”

Kris, Junmyeon, and Sehun say their good-byes to the three of them and they leave, still bickering amongst each other. “I almost forgot how crazy they are,” Kris comments mildly as they watch them go. “It was great to see them again.”

They decide they don’t want to bother the cooks, so they scavenge the kitchen for food. After a haphazard dinner consisting of a frozen pizza Junmyeon found in one of the freezers and some soup that Kris vaguely recalled the recipe for, Sehun leaves Junmyeon and Kris alone to catch up; after all, he does live with his brother and will have the chance to talk to him later. He spends half an hour in his room, texting Chanyeol and Jongdae simultaneously, even though he should probably be doing his homework.

He quickly gets bored of it, though, and decides to take a walk to the kitchen to get a drink. Making his way there is easy: the house is mostly empty anyway, except for a few cooks who are closing up the kitchen for the night. On the way back to his room, however, he’s stopped in his tracks by a sudden loud noise from inside Junmyeon’s room. Cautiously, he opens Junmyeon’s door and can’t help the gasp of surprise that escapes him at the sight that meets his eyes.

Kris has Junmyeon pinned against the wall, one hand trapping Junmyeon’s wrists above his head and the other grasping his waist under his shirt. They jump apart like they’ve been scalded when Sehun suddenly appears in the doorway, their faces flushed and their lips swollen and red. The noise, Sehun quickly realizes, must have been Kris pushing Junmyeon up against the wall, but he’s no longer focused on that because there’s a much more pressing issue at hand.

“How long has this been going on?” Sehun demands. He can’t say he’s never suspected something like this (he kind of hoped for it, if he’s being honest), but it’s one thing to hypothesize that your brother and his best friend are secretly in a relationship and another thing entirely to literally stumble upon them (very enthusiastically) making out against the wall.

“Um,” Junmyeon says, sounding a little out of breath and very embarrassed.

“We, uh,” Kris adds unhelpfully, looking uncharacteristically sheepish. “Well, you know, we just, you know.”

“Actually, no,” Sehun retorts. “I don’t. That was sort of the point.”

“Since we were 15,” Junmyeon admits.

Sehun stares at him. “You’re joking. You’ve kept this a secret for five years?”

“I - we -” Junmyeon stumbles over his words, a rare occurrence for the normally eloquent older boy.

Sehun sighs. He wants to continue the conversation, but he can also see that he’s not going to get answers right now. Anyway, Junmyeon isn’t going to be able to ignore the problem for long, because that’s just not who he is as a person. “It’s fine, hyung. We can talk later. See you, Kris-hyung.” And with that, he closes the door and makes his way back to his own room.