Chapter 24

Follow Me and Run

Once again, Sehun has to sneak out in the middle of the night to get to Jongin’s open-air tunnel in order to meet Luhan, Minseok, Yixing, and Tao. He and Jongin wanted to tell them about their plan together, which had been difficult to organize, considering Sehun’s restrictions, but was worth it nonetheless. There was no way Sehun was going to make Jongin explain everything by himself, especially since he had just told both Kyungsoo and his father earlier that same day.

As Sehun and Jongin take turns providing all the background information and the details of their plan, their audience’s reactions vary from person to person. Tao’s eyes grow wider with each passing moment, Yixing has a mix of confusion and concern on his face, Minseok looks increasingly worried, and Luhan just looks in awe.

“You really want to run away,” Luhan checks after they’re finished speaking. “You’re just gonna - up and leave.”

“Not right away,” Jongin clarifies hastily. “But Sehun’s parents want him married before the end of the month, which gives us around three weeks to get everything together. And then, yes, we’re just...leaving.”

“You’re so young,” Yixing murmurs. “Will you be okay by yourselves?”

“You’re barely two years older than us,” Sehun points out, smiling a little despite the seriousness of the situation.

“He has a point though,” Minseok interrupts with a frown. “The difference may only be two years, but living by yourselves at eighteen is pretty different from living by yourselves at twenty.”

Luhan squeezes his hand reassuringly. “Minseokkie,” he says gently. “They’ll be okay. It’s not as if they’ll break off all contact with us once they’re gone.” He looks at them sharply. “You won’t, right?”

“Of course not!” Jongin agrees immediately. “Of course we’ll keep in touch. Can’t let the group chat die, after all.” He offers a small grin, which manages to elicit a smile from everyone, even Minseok.

“What about Junmyeon-hyung and Kris-ge’s wedding though?” Tao asks suddenly, and all eyes turn to him. “Junmyeon-hyung would kill you if you weren’t there, but I doubt it’ll be organized before you guys plan to leave, and once you’re gone, how will you be able to attend?”

Sehun exchanges a look with Jongin and swallows nervously. “I don’t know yet. But I’m talking to him about it tomorrow, so I guess we’ll find out.”