Chapter 13

Follow Me and Run

The six of them walk out of the building together to find three people loitering outside. Sehun recognizes them immediately and lets out a long-suffering sigh. “What are you three doing here?”

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Jongdae exchange offended looks. “Is that any way to speak to your three best friends in the whole world, Sehunnie?” Jongdae asks, clutching at his heart dramatically.

“These are your friends?” Jongin turns to Sehun eagerly. He reminds Sehun of an enthusiastic puppy. “I’ve been wanting to meet them!”

“Yeah, come on Sehunnie, how come you haven’t introduced us to your dance pals yet?” Chanyeol inquires pointedly.

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Alright, alright.” He turns to his dance classmates. “So, the super tall one is Chanyeol. He’s pretty much the reason I’m in this class.” Chanyeol grins and holds up a peace sign. “The one next to him is Baekhyun.” Baekhyun waves and smiles widely at everyone. “And Jongdae’s the third one.”

Sehun turns to Jongdae, expecting him to see him beaming at everyone and telling them how nice it is to meet them like he usually does, but Jongdae is staring at one person in apparent amazement. “Xing Xing-ge?”

Yixing starts at that and his eyes widen in recognition. “Jongdae?” he replies incredulously, his accent coloring his pronunciation more heavily than usual.

“You guys know each other?” Sehun demands, looking back and forth between them.

“Yeah, Jongdae, you have friends besides us?” Baekhyun adds with exaggerated surprise.

“Shut up,” Jongdae scoffs. “Xing-ge has been my Mandarin tutor for years now. And he’s the friend I told you about, Sehun, the one who helped with all the details of how to audition for this class.”

“What a small world!” Yixing comments cheerfully.

“Yeah, definitely,” Sehun agrees. “I guess I should thank you for all your advice!” Yixing just smiles at him, waving it off graciously. Sehun then turns to Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Jongdae. “Alright, so the pair standing over there are Minseok-hyung and Luhan-hyung.”

“He’s my boyfriend,” Luhan informs them, wrapping an arm around Minseok’s waist possessively, as if daring any of them to try and make a move.

“Yeah, yeah, we know,” Tao says, rolling his eyes. “I’m Tao,” he continues, apparently impatient to be introduced. “I do martial arts.” Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Jongdae all look impressed and Tao smiles smugly.

Sehun shakes his head fondly before continuing the introductions. “Moving on...you’ve already gotten introduced to Yixing-hyung, I guess. And this is Jongin.”

“Ah, so we meet the famous Jongin at last.” Chanyeol smiles knowingly. “We’ve heard lots about you.”

“Really?” Jongin looks delighted to hear it, turning to Sehun with a brilliant smile on his face. “You’ve told them about me?”

“Oh yeah,” Baekhyun butts in. “He’s always talking about you.”

“That’s not surprising at all,” Luhan interjects, grinning. “Little Sehunnie does seem to have a strong attachment to our Jonginnie.”

“Guys, come on,” Sehun whines. “Why are you all like this?”

“Aw, don’t worry Sehunnie,” Jongin giggles. “I think it’s cute.” He wraps an arm around Sehun’s waist and pulls him into his side so he can whisper in his ear. “Let’s tell them.”

Sehun shakes his head, a smirk spreading across his face as he turns to murmur, “Let’s show them.” Jongin tilts his head to the side, curious, and Sehun absently wonders how Jongin manages to convey such starkly different personalities, indecently attractive in some situations and excessively adorable in others. Sehun flashes a smile at him before wrapping his arms around Jongin’s neck and tugging him in for a kiss.

Jongin takes only a second to react before he relaxes into the kiss and presses himself closer to Sehun, sliding his hands to rest on Sehun’s back under his shirt, uncaring that they’re standing in the middle of a public sidewalk, uncaring that their friends are still around them. It’s easy for Sehun to let Jongin take over, both of them forgetting their surroundings and focusing only on each other.

After several long, heated moments, Jongdae clears his throat. “Okay, I think we’ve seen enough!” Sehun and Jongin break apart, grinning at each other as they catch their breath.

“Well,” Chanyeol starts cheerfully. “I don’t think any of us really wanted to witness that, but congratulations to the two of you!”

“Yeah,” Luhan agrees. “None of us actually wanted to see that.”

“You’re one to talk, hyung,” Tao points out, grinning. “That’s what you and Minseok-hyung are like basically all the time.”

“Anyway,” Sehun interrupts before Luhan can say or do anything to retaliate. “Me and Jongin will be going now.”

“Bye! Be safe! Don’t do anything we wouldn’t do!” Baekhyun calls.

“Okay Baekkie,” Sehun replies, rolling his eyes.

Tao sniggers. “You go by ‘Baekkie?’ That’s...interesting.”

Baekhyun turns red. “I do not!”

“It’s okay, Baekkie,” Chanyeol says comfortingly, trying to wrap an arm around Baekhyun. Baekhyun shoves him away huffily and crosses his arms, pouting, upon which Chanyeol seems to belatedly realize that his use of the nickname probably isn’t helping improve Baekhyun’s mood.

Jongdae pokes Baekhyun’s cheek playfully. “Aww, is little Baekkie upset?” he coos exaggeratedly.

“Your friends are really entertaining,” Jongin informs Sehun, laughing a little as Baekhyun unsuccessfully tries to bat Jongdae’s hand away. “I’m glad I finally got to meet them.”

“Me too!” Luhan interjects, and Minseok nods in agreement beside him. “They fit in really well with all of us in the dance crew.” There’s an excited gleam in his eye that makes Sehun feel a little wary.

Sehun sighs. “Why do I get the feeling it was a really bad idea to let my two friend groups meet?”