9

WIND MESSAGES
 

WIND MESSAGES

CHAPTER 9 

 

The pure luxury of the location made Keithia insecure from her first step. Sea views, live performance at a grand piano, how expensive the interior looked. Keithia would have turned around if it hadn’t been for the firm hand on her right shoulder. The kittenish culprit looked down from her right “It’s okay to splurge once in a while.” Yongguk watched the pair.

“Since when were you two so chummy?” voiced the elder. He would keep his hunches to himself, for now at least.

“Ah, She lives a few doors down from us. We’re neighbours.”

That response took everyone by surprise, but only Himchan could be brash enough to speak so bluntly in such a classy setting. “Jung Daehyun you’re married and a father of one and a half. Have some decency.”

“That doesn’t make any sense” Zelo pulled a face a he took a seat. “How can you have half a child?” Sitting beside the taller man Jongup filled him in that Mrs.Jung was due. Keithia sat opposite Jongup, Daehyun to her left and Yongguk to her right. Amidst the light chatter on the table, Himchan placed the order from the head of the table. “Have you been here before?” Keithia asked the inked man beside her.

Initially taken aback at her conversation starter, Yongguk nodded. “The food here is exquisite. A lot of famous people come here,” he continued to tell the woman the history of the restaurant, fascinating the woman. Keithia confessed to growing up overseas, and Yongguk took it upon himself to discuss how historically and culturally rich this part of town. From war monuments and temples to royal courts and markets, the inked man animatedly talked about his homeland. The pair discussed their interest in music, culture, and literature; Keithia had never been more enraptured by a person in conversation before today.

A silence fell on the able when sizzling steaks were placed before them. A waiter began to poured everyone at the table a drink, but at Keithia’s turn a foreign voice called out to halt the waiter. “She can’t tolerate alcohol well,” the owner of the voice called as he walked up to their table. The people at the table visibly stiffened at the sight of the CEO approaching them.