8

WIND MESSAGES
 

WIND MESSAGES

CHAPTER 8

 

An unsteady first week almost rolled to an end. Fingers dexterously working on the keyboard constructing the wireframe as discussed in the meeting over lunch yesterday, she has two hurs left to meet her personal deadline. A tall figure walked over with a glass of water in hand, setting it carefully beside the girl. Looking away from her work Keithia didn’t expect to crane her neck this much to see this person, she could never get used to how tall he was. “Intern, you’ve got heat flushes.” Zelo voiced before walking away. “Take better care of yourself, you don’t want to miss dinner,” he sighed as he slumped into his chair. Thee woman thanked him before getting back to work. The office was rather quiet today, Yongguk Himchan and Daheyun were meeting the higher-ups for some purpose, Jongup looked focused on some reading when in reality he was watching some anime, and she recalled him talking about some show called Kakegurui. Youngjae was reading up on data structures he could use in the database- at least that’s what he put in the ‘in progress” section of the agile board.

Using her final burst of concentration two hours flew by with a satisfied woman completing her personal goal. Heading out together the team split into two as they headed to the restaurant. Keithia was taken aback at Himchan’s wealth, but she joined Daehyun in his humble family car rather than Himchan’s Rolls Royce. Yongguk slid into the passenger seat of Daehyun’s car, both men had caught onto her expression but it was Daehyun who voiced his concerns first. “You could have taken Himchan’s car you know, a Rolls Royce is very rare.” The man accelerated steadily, on the highway.

“They’re very expensive too. Such displays of wealth make me uncomfortable. To eb humble has it’s own beauty.” The woman in the back seat replied, the driver of the car looking back at her through his rear view mirror. “I know you’re trying to understand, but really you shouldn’t. It’s a blessing you’ve got enough to provide for your family with some left over, savour it,” she spoke sincerely.

Daehyun smiled a pained smile, what had this poor girl seen to think this way. But he didn’t fail to notice Yongguk the fabric at his knee. Nor did he fail to notice the subtle change in yongguk’s face in a moment of realisation.

The elder had read something like that before.

On a particular paper plane.

“There exists a brother of mine who wears luxury brands and drives expensive cars. Such displays of wealth make me uncomfortable. To be humble has it’s own beauty, don’t ever forget that Little BYG.”

No way.