14

WIND MESSAGES
 

WIND MESSAGES

CHAPTER 14 

 

“Much better than when I was with you,” the woman voiced, her carefree aura still present. 

“That’s good, I always wished for the best for you.” The man nodded, bitter memories of crying in bed as he prayed to the lord for her happiness.

“Where’s your date?”

“She’s not my date.” Yongguk glanced at his watch, they could make it back to work just in time if they leave soon. “Look, I don’t have time for you, I need to get back to work.”

“How can you just ignore me like this?!” she protested, and Yongguk could only roll his eyes, now wasn’t the time for a tantrum. “Aren’t you going to get coffee with me?! Your date isn’t back, and we’re due a conversation anyway.”

“No we’re not. I don’t owe you any coffee and we have nothing else to discuss.” Yongguk sighed, he really didn’t want to make a scene in front in the client’s building. “You were the one who ended it, if anything I hope you’re happy now that it’s over.”

“I need to talk to you.” Her voice lowered, Yongguk new her well enough to know she was being serious. “I still like you.” The man looked over her shoulder to see Keithia walking out of the bathroom. 

“You’ve always been like this,” he replied quietly while picking up Keithia’s belongings. “Unlike you, I’m not the type to bounce back.” Jieun remained stunned at the table, Yongguk was so different. Turning her head around, she watched her ex handing the belongings on the table to a very pretty woman.

“Is it okay if I do a little of overtime?” Keithia asked, “I’ll try to write up a report on the things we’ve covered today for tomorrow’s meeting” 

“Just leave by 8, there’s a lot to do tomorrow.” Jieun watched Yongguk lead his subordinate outside. If there was one flaw Jieun could acknowledge in herself, it would be her lack of trust in Yongguk. Jieun didn’t trust that woman to be a subordinate to Yongguk, and it made her blood boil as she watched the pair drive off in a car together.