1

WIND MESSAGES
 

[CONTENTID1]Surround text in your story with these tags to display it here[/CONTENTID1]

CHAPTER 1

 


A unfamiliar familiarity started Keithia’s day. The scent of coffee wafted through her little apartment, only one person was capable of such a kind break-in. “How is my sister feeling about her first day at work?” Jiyong asked with a steaming mug of coffee in hand, his polished work outfit a stark contrast to the rickety wooden cupboards of her house. “Better than when you took ownership of the company.” She sighed, taking fresh coffee from the pot.

Parted at birth, it still surprises her how he understood her so well.

“It’s been years and you’re still bitter about it?”

Keithia always found it funny seeing him depressed about it. One thing the pair held in common was their ability to sulk. “If you learn that your wings to success and financial stability are clipped when you have equal rights to it...my reaction is only normal.”

“You’re going to hold this against me for life, aren’t you.” Parted at birth, it still surprises her how well she understands him.

“Not really, you know I’m prideful. Starting from the bottom suited me better.” Some things can’t be changed when you’re born together, but situations can change people. “I know you blame yourself for everything, but it’s time you embrace your fate. I’m just glad I have a brother.”

“Took us eighteen years to meet one another, and it took us twenty minute to click.” he smiled, sipping his coffee. “You ready for your first day?”

Nope, but life isn’t kind. “Let’s do this”. Shoes hit the pavement, one pair stopped in front of a car while the other headed for a bus stop. Hopefully they’d reach work on time…hopefully.