11

WIND MESSAGES
 

WIND MESSAGES

CHAPTER 11 

 

One week at work turned into two, but the end of the third week Keithia was already coding for the application with Yongguk. The team loved her library idea, which took a week in total all together, and saved them all time due to fewer lines of code. Youngjae and Jongup had reversed role0,s Youngjae would code in pin-drop silence as Jongup either cried out of frustration or lashed out on the team members for such poor coding style. Yongguk’s nimble fingers worked dexterously as he tried to debug his code. But suddenly Keithia dropped her pencil on the table and sat back. 

“We’re doing this all wrong.” She sighed. 

“Where did that come from?” he grunted, his frustration at this code growing further and further. 

“We’re not following current trends for our layout or structure, but the website…I don’t think it represents these people as well as it should.”

“And what do you suggest we do, miss genius?” he gritted through clenched teeth. Not that Keithia cared. 

“I just wanted to visit the client,” she shrugged. “Or the location, it could tell us a lot about who they are.”

“If you think that’ll help, then I have just the job for the two of you.” The pair turned the heads in the direction of Himchan’s cubicle. “Go follow up with the client. You’ll learn how to deal with clients face to face.”

A final press of the return key and yongguk had solved his problem. “I’m going to need that sharp tongue of yours missy.” He retorted before attending Himchan’s table for some papers.

“Keithia, go get me some coffee. I’ll pay for you to get a snack too.”

“Oh! Get me a frappe!” Zelo called from behind a stack of networking boards. Grabbing the elder’s debit card, she knew the drill. Spend wisely.

As soon as main the door closed behind her Himchan’s attention diverted to his best friend “Oi, what the hell happened to you?” Yongguk, taken aback at the sudden question could only blink in response. 

“Is something the matter? We’ve also noticed you acting differently.” Youngjae called from behind his monitor. 

“Wha- No! There is nothing wrong with me.”

Daehyun placed his tea on the coaster, “Leave him be, he’s got a crush on the intern,” the man commented with a eating grin. 

“I do not!” 

“Yongguk you sound like a five year old.” Himhan could only pinch the bridge of his nose. “It’s okay if you like the intern, it’s just…weird. I don’t know how to actually talk to you, you’ve changed.”

“It began a month or so before the intern came. But I think it’s a good change.” Zelo added. “You’re smiling more, not just at us but at others too. You talk more too.”

“That’s exactly why it’s odd, he’s been talking so much I can’t get used to it!” Himchan pressed his fingers to his temples, Yongguk stress is going to give him frown lines.

“I think it should take my leave.” Yongguk replied with a stern expression. “You guys won’t get it, only she will.”

“Who is she?”

“The girl who replied to my wind message”.