3

WIND MESSAGES
 

WIND MESSAGES

CHAPTER 3

 

An hour until the working day ends. Keithia is halfway through three out of five readings Yongguk had given her, as her supervisor he was pretty quiet, but he didn’t have the guard up like the other boss Himchan did. Reclining in his seat the superior asked “How much of the project have you understood so far?”

Pulled from focus Keithia looked up to meet yongguk's line of sight. “Most of it, just getting the final two done.”

Yongguk was surprised. “You’re pretty quick. Zelo took around a week to read them, he was the fastest out of all of us. Feel free to ask questions, I’m here to help.”

“I have a question about the development process.” The young woman pulled out the second reading from her pile, flicking to a section highlighted in yellow ink. “Where do we source the code and git repositories from? Github doesn’t sound like a good idea, it’s very public. ”

Yongguk was caught off guard at how sharp the woman was. “Ah, we still have to update that. We’ll be using GitBucket. Since we’re a newer division compared to the HR department we’ve got a few things the corporation needs to catch up to speed with such as Linux workstations.” “Where’s your work email address? Use that to build an account tonight and we’ll get you aboard the code-”

“Yongguk. Shut up. You’re talking too much, it’s creepy.” Himchan called. However Keithia was too absorbed in their conversation, asking to look at the wireframe in order to begin research.

Fast forward another hour, Yongguk is confused whether his friend is chewing out his ear or talking at him. “…you never talk that much at work. What’s up with the new girl?”

“She’s sharp. I think she’ll finish all the readings by tomorrow.” He replied with a peanut between his fingers.

“I noticed she was very focused. An 8-week internship period too short for someone of her calibre.”

“I don’t know, but she’s going to take a mark on the product and the team. I can see it.”

Himchan observed his friend’s face carefully, Yongguk didn’t realise he was smiling into his sip of whiskey. “You like it don’t you?”

“I love it. The boys put their all into the work and I can tell she will too.” the baritone chuckled, a lone digit traced the rim of the glass as he voiced the question on his mind. “I seriously wonder how she got into our section, we hadn’t requested any interns and we’re pretty new.”

“That’s a problem for a later date. We need to get this subdivision for our section,” Himchan sighed, swirling the red liquid. “HR is onto us.”

Yongguk turned to see his friend’s eyebrows furrowed. “I thought you could do something about it.”

“My brother doesn’t have that power here…I knew we should have started with him first and then moved on-”

“The paperwork was sticky.” Yongguk interjected. “If we want independence we’ll have to work for it.”

A feminine hand placed a serving of dumplings on the counter in front of the pair. “Work for what?” The pair were caught off guard at the familiar voice, and there stood Keithia on the opposide side of the bar.

“I wasn’t expecting to see you here.” Himchan voiced.

“I need to make ends meet, sir.”

He waved a hand, “drop the formalities, we’re not at work.”

“6 grand for two months is pretty standard for an IT internship.” Yongguk followed up.

“The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.” She quoted.

Himchan looked up. “Malcolm X? I didn’t think he’d pique your interest.”

“I could say the same the other way around, sir.”

“You’re stubborn.” He glared only for the girl to smirk back.

“I could say that about you too, Himchan.”