5

WIND MESSAGES
 

WIND MESSAGES

CHAPTER 5

 


First impressions aren’t always the best…not when the network guy cling wrapped the brand new work laptop Keithia left on Yongguk’s table, when the culprit is snickering behind the shorter Jongup. “Junhong what is the meaning of this?” Himchan voiced clearly unimpressed. Yongguk held himself back, Himchan was good at dealing with the youngsters’ childish outbursts.

“I thought a prank would be fun.” The tall man spoke up. With a clear view of his soft features, tall height and a deep voice Keithia asked herself just why she joined a company with such handsome men. Taking the first step, she held out a hand and smiled as she introduced herself. “Zelo, your network guy. So code prettily.” His firm hand clasped around hers’ for a solid shake, the touch did not match his innocent smile.

“I will. Now do you know where the scissors are?”

“I’m nice, so I left them on the table.”

Daehyun’s cat like appearance played up in his tone, as Keithia thought. “I didn’t know you wore Gucci,” he pointed to her bag.

“I thought this bag was fake, but then I met you.” She replied. Yongguk had forgotten Keithia was the youngest, but knowing his team the man also knew the wounds inflicted by words. “Now can you move? I need to discuss something with Youngjae.”

The man in question walked in clad in shorts and flip-flops in the middle of autumn, not that she was surprised though. “I heard my name, how can I help you today?”

“I was trying to implement something a little complex but it’s in Javascript. I was wonder if I could I get some guidance.”

The man sighed, “you should ask with Yongguk if you’re working on the API.” That attempt to side line her request offended Keithia.

“Pardon my crudeness, but I’m working here as member of the team, not as a lackey.” a silence fell over the office at the drama before everyone.

Yongguk had tolerated enough. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“That means I’m not relying on any of you entirely, that’s selfish. It’ll only disrupt your code progress and I won’t learn much,” she spoke up. Yongguk saw a fire in her eyes, but it wasn’t the kind he wanted to see. He saw her anger. “With what you told me today, I’m sure seeking help from the right people is normal.”

“If it’s not C, it’s not code. Go prettify your webpages,” he mansplained. Himchan wasn’t having such condescending behaviour in his workplace, even if it was intentional.

Keitha was indignant, and she was furious. “I’m asking you for guidance, from a senior to an intern. With all due respect if JavaScript isn’t coding then it makes sense why you play games at work. I’m Asking for a fraction of your time, not a lecture.”

“Come by my table with some coffee and we’ll get started.” Youngjae orderd her. The moment she left the room he smiled at his colleagues. “I like her, let’s keep her around for longer.”