6

WIND MESSAGES
 

WIND MESSAGES 

CHAPTER 6

 


Daehyun had arranged for lunch to be delivered for today’s meeting. Thank goodness the crew was familiar with agile management, it made it easier to communicate and get tasks done for the product. These frequent meetings were held over lunch time it seemed, but maybe Keithia would suggest Gyros for next time. Despite the situation being a little messy and greasy, the scent of fried chicken filled the meeting room, there was no way Keithia would say no.

Chicken is love. Chicken is life.

“So did you get things worked out?” Yongguk asked, handing her some tissues.

“Yes, I was actually working on a new solution for the way some tiling is done. I wanted to share it here to get your thoughts, hopefully if this works out it would make coding for the API very systematic and aesthetically appealing.”

“Show us what you’ve got.” Himchan smirked. Five minutes later the men in the room all sat poker faced, lest a smirking Youngjae mouthing at how cool the intern was. Himchan was not expecting to be blown away with Keithia’s work. The woman had figured out how to structure elements in an HTML page in a less mind boggling manner, by building a library. Her thoughts towards code extensibility and modularization were outstanding. How neatly she coded and earned a compliment from Zelo, that never happens. “Do you think we could apply this idea in the API? I know there’s a lot to this but it involved everyone’s work. HTML is messy even with the help of Bootstrap, maybe incorporating Javascript would make things easier.”

Yongguk was in awe, never before had he dealt with someone working with the team so quickly. There’s little for her to do, and he can see her making opportunities for herself. A welcome sight in his eyes, for this is the kind of initiative they needed. A specialised library of their own would become a valuable business product.

“And are you sure about using Ruby on Rails? I mean the app isn’t very heavy, so it could be a headache for no reason.”

“Truth be told, I’m not very sure. I was going to come and talk to you about it next.”

“I think for now we could easily make ado with Javascript and some C for the networking side. We’ll have to structure it in a way that would make implementation of Ruby easy for us to do.”

Himchan sighed, the man knew he had alto of work in his hands for now, but he kept his eyes on his best friend. The usually stoic man’s eyes were gleaming. For once his best friend seemed human.

Maybe this intern was the best thing to happen to them.