15

WIND MESSAGES
 

WIND MESSAGES

CHAPTER 15 

 

Guess who broke the server? Yongguk did. Five minutes before home time... But who would dare to speak up against their superior? You’d be oblivious to think no one would, for Team B.A.P democratically elected a punishment for him; pizza on him while everyone helps to patch the server back up. “My brother won’t take it lightly if I’m at work too late…unpaid overtime, you know” Keithia hinted, looking at Himchan and the elder nodded in understanding.

“Alright then, team bonding pizza party at Yongguk’s house tonight. We fix the server first and then we’ll get pizza.” In a chorus of sighs they began to pack up, Youngjae complained about how Himchan sugar-coating overtime could have him be sued for misleading information. Jongup took note to stop by a supermarket to grab some soda and mayonnaise. Keithia watched Yongguk stutter about how it was Friday. “So? We’re wasting our weekend too you know.” Daehyun replied.

The elder excused that his house wasn’t clean, making Himchan scoff. “Don’t get me started on how clean your house is, you only like this because is Juventus is playing Tottenham tonight. You can watch the game once you fix the same server you broke. You know darn well we can’t waste any more time.” Dejectedly, Yongguk followed Himchan to his car while the rest of the gang took to Daehyun’s family car to the high rise apartment on the edge of town. Keithia observed her surroundings; she hadn’t expected an elevator ride to the 49th floor, just short of the penthouse floor; nor had she expected a monochromatic interior to his apartment, a splash of colour hinted with a rare Tigger doll or expressionist artwork on the wall. Youngjae told the girl of Yongguk’s luck with stocks and shares as well as the elder’s ex being an award winning interior designer, which explained a lot about the lavishness of the place.

An hour later, laptops on the coffee table with fingers typing and Zelo scolding Yongguk. Keithia tried her hands at helping with Zelo fixing the big problems. Himchan and Youngjae sat around and guided her on what to do, however the pair were taken aback at seeing her decode all of the cheater methods Youngjae had used that could cause troubles in the future. “You should comment your code with the libraries you used instead of telling me to comment my every line” the girl deadpanned with a final press of the return key leaving the final details for Zelo to sort. Jongup snorted while Himchan wore a smirk. Youngjae liked a snarky colleague, he smirked at the thought of rewarding the girl for her attitude with an ugly code review.

An hour later her colleagues has loosened their neckties, beer glasses on the coffee table and meat lovers’ pizza sitting on the table. Yongguk cheered for Juventus scoring a penalty kick, a few minutes later the six men watched in silence as Keithia cheered for Tottenham’s first goal. Jongup dipped his pizza in mayonnaise earning a scowl from Himchan, the sight made Keithia smile. The homeowner’s heart skipped a beat and it wasn’t because of the amazing goal just made on screen.

 

Sorry for the break y'all...on the bright side the end is near for this story.