Chapter 7: Secret

The Biggest Mistake in My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure this is the place?” Siwon raised his eyebrows, observing the two-storey building in front of him and Yuri. Even though he had checked the address with the one Yunho gave them, he still feel unsure as the place was not something he thought it would be. It was a bar and loud rock music can be heard even from the outside.

“We’ll found out soon,” Yuri answered quietly as they walked in to the uncongested place. Beside the three men rock band and a bartender, there were only five drunk customers inside the bar.

“May I help you?” The bartender greet the pair enthusiastically, thinking he get couple more customers to his tab. “Um, we’re looking for Kim Youngwoon?” Yuri said hesitantly.

“Kim Youngwoon?” the bartender looks puzzled out for a second or two before he went, “Ohhh… Kim Youngwoon! It’s Kangin-hyung… my boss! Yes, yes, he’s been waiting for you two… You must be Miss Kwon Yuri, right?”

Yuri nodded. The bartender signaled them to follow him to a table where a man sleeps against the table. Apparently there’re only four customers on the bar. “Kangin hyung, they’re here,” the bartender woke him up. The bulky man jumped awake from his sleep, he quickly recognized the girl in front of him, “Kwon Yul! Aigoo, you’ve grown up!” Youngwoon exclaimed, smiling as his eyes forming a crescent.

“Youngwoon oppa,” Yuri greeted him with a bitter smile. The guy has always been a nice and protective oppa for her, it’s such a shame that she has to meet him again in this kind of circumstances. Yuri wonders what he thinks about her now as he gently patted her head, screwing the hair a little bit. Just like how Yunho likes to do. “You are such a trouble maker aren’t you, Kwon Yul?” Youngwoon jokes, to which Yuri only grinned sheepishly. She asked, “Do you live here, Oppa?”

 “No, but you will… for a while. There’s a place upstairs. I supposed to live there but my wife Yoonji doesn’t like the idea of living above my work place. You know, being it’s a bar and all, but don’t worry, though. It’s not that bad… trust me.”

“Thank you, Oppa. I’m sorry for causing you trouble,” Yuri apologetically said.

Siwon cleared his throat. He felt like he’s been ignored for quite sometimes now. “Oh, this Choi Siwon. Siwon, this is Kim Youngwoon – Yunho oppa’s friend.”

“Nice to meet you, Youngwoon-sshi,” Siwon offered a handshake, but Youngwoon left it hanging mid-air. “Just call me Kangin. So this is your boyfriend, eh?” Kangin asked Yuri, but his eyes are still focused on Siwon. Yuri was about to explain the nature of their relationship, but Siwon firmly answered, “Yes.”

Siwon can’t help but to feel intimidated by the older man’s death glare. It’s obvious how this Kangin guy cares so much about the Yuri, he treats her like how Yunho treats her – as his precious little sister. The thing is, Siwon can easily tell that this man is not as calm and as understanding as Yunho. For some reason he felt the need to add, “I’m her boyfriend and I promise I’ll protect her and our baby with my life.”

Awkward silence ensues. Yuri doesn’t even know how to react. Siwon did feel a little bit stupid for saying it, but he meant every single word of it. Kangin raised his eyebrows before bursting out, laughing, “Yeah, yeah. Anyway, you two must be very tired. Follow me, I’ll show you the place.”

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

It was still early in the morning when Kwon Junghyuk confronted his only son, Yunho. Kwon Junghyuk might be widely known for his temper, but that’s not the only thing he’s known for. Junghyuk is a smart man. Once he found out that his daughter missing, he knows that Yunho helped her to escape the guarded mansion.

“Do you know what the hell are you doing, Kwon Yunho?” Junghyuk hissed, he couldn’t hide his anger.

“She wants to keep her baby, Appa. After happened two years ago, you should have known better,” Yunho said matter-of-factly.

“You don’t understand. It’s a different situation now,” Junghyuk said. Yunho swears he heard a hint of sorrow in his father’s cold tone.

“It is different. The boy wants to take the responsibility, that's what really matter. And what, you’re making this harder for her just because you have bad blood with his parents? Please, Appa. Just let them be, they have nothing to do with your past,” Yunho calmly reasoned. He knows that he and his sisters inherited their stubbornness form the very man in front of him. It won’t be an easy task to do to convince his father, but he won’t easily give up either.

“You don’t understand, son. You don’t understand,” Junghyuk’s eyes fixed a gaze to Yunho, “It’s not only about his parents. It’s about Yuri. I’m doing this for her own sake.”

Yunho was about to question his father’s statement but Junghyuk already continued, “I have my reason why she has to abort her baby. Do you know why I asked her to be home-schooled back then? Do you know why I didn’t allow her to join the stupid soccer club?”

“You’re being overprotective.”

“Yes, and she always stubborn enough to not listen to me. Even though she knows exactly why I’m like this. She knows exactly how she risking her life.”

“Risking her life? What do you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter