Chapter 14: Comfort

The Biggest Mistake in My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The doctor has informed Choi Siwon that the younger girl and their baby will be okay; but it didn’t stop Siwon from worrying the unconscious girl who’s lying on the hospital bed next to him. By the time Kwon Yuri regained her consciousness and slowly opened her eyes, Siwon finally let out a sigh of relieve.

 

“Where am I?” Yuri asked weakly, her head felt so heavy that she could hardly think.

 

“We’re in the hospital now. You fainted when we were in the town’s dock… and don’t worry, the doctor said that our baby is surprisingly fine… but you, in the other hand, need to bed-rest for a week,” Siwon explained, his index finger pointing the girl on the bed. It was as if a load of weight has been lifted up from her, Yuri felt dispensed to hear that the baby is alright.

 

“Hold up. Are you saying that I’ll have to stay here for a week?” Yuri almost sounded like she was whispering.

 

“Yes… and you do seem like you need it. Now, just get back to rest, Kwon Yuri. A week may sound like a long time, but I’m sure it will pass by quickly,” Siwon reassured, nodding his head to emphasize his own words.

 

“Arrrrrgh. I hate staying in hospital,” Yuri weakly groaned in distress. Her eyes grew wide as Siwon stifled a laugh.

 

“What?”

 

“You sound like a dinosaur,” Siwon grinned cheekily. He was mocking the funny low sound of her groan. Holding his hand up in the air, Siwon quickly corrected, “A cute, adorable dinosaur.”

 

It was his peculiar attempt to lighten up her mood.

 

“Yeah, whatever,” Yuri found herself amused at how animated Siwon's expression was and how his hand flailing as he talked. Then, Yuri realized that his other hand had been holding her hand all that while – and it gave her a weird sensation down her spine. It was that not-so-unfamiliar weird, uncomfortable sensation that Yuri kept on getting from Choi Siwon. She slowly retracted her hand from his grasp, to which he didn’t even notice.

 

“How do you feel now?”

 

“I’m totally fine,” Yuri answered out of habit. Truthfully, she was far from feeling fine but it’s already became a habit to deny that she’s feeling extremely unwell. Her mind was still occupied by all the things that happened earlier – even though Yuri would deny it, the way Siwon tried to comfort her has helped her to cope with the awful feelings she had. But there’s also the physical pain from her illness. One of the worst parts of her illness is when she’s down with the ‘flare’ like this: all her joints will ache so much that her body feels like burning. It never fails to make her feel run down and helplessly weak; she hates it and she hates to admit it. Saying that she’s “totally fine” would be a blatant lie because even Yuri could tell that she doesn’t look like it at all.

 

Siwon giggled at her obviously false answer.

 

“Now what?”

 

“Well, Dr. Kim told me to ask you that and see if your answer is ‘I’m totally fine’. He said you always say that no matter how pained you are,” Siwon smiled gently, “He sounded exactly like you, by the way.”

 

Yuri groaned. Having taken care of her for the past couple of years, Dr. Kim sure knows her very well by now.

 

“Honestly, I feel awful.”

 

“I can tell -- which is why you need to bed-rest,” Siwon patted her head, “Now that you’ve woke up, I’ll have to go to for awhile. Don’t worry, I swear I won’t be long

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter