Chapter 4: What Really Matters

The Biggest Mistake in My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho walked to the side of the soccer field in a heavy steps; his heart beats faster, his hand clutches a bouquet of yellow roses with a tinge of red on the tip of the petals. Minho knows what he's going to do is such a foolish act. He looked around, noting that the Paran High School's soccer field was quite crowded even though there's no match going on; it was only a practice session of the school's girl soccer team. It always been like that, though. Some would say that they have nothing better to do after school hours, some would say that they are just supporting the team -- Paran girl soccer team has always been the school's pride, and some (boys) would honestly admit that they're here for the hot girls in the team. Koreans have a thing for athletically gifted female, you know. The fact that the girls on Paran's soccer team are aesthetically gifted too, is a big bonus for them. Minho could hear the (boys) occasional shouting of the team's member names, cheering for each of them even though it's only a practice.
 


For Minho, he's only here for one Kwon Yuri. She's the one who really matters for him.
 

After four months of sharing his secret place with her, Minho knows that he wants to be more than a good dongsaeng for Yuri. That what she always said, he's only a good little brother for her. After four months of sitting next to her on the rooftop, listening to the melody of her breath, embracing her in a caring hug whenever she break down and cry... he never asked why she cried, though. Yuri would always tell him not ask question, to enjoy the moment. He was content with that, knowing that he's lucky enough to be next to her as everyone knows Kwon Yuri doesn't usually let any man to get close to her.For the past four months Minho was always there for her when she needs her, he knows that it's only natural for him to expect more.
 

Minho knows what he's going to do is a foolish act; he was going to do what Tiffany Hwang did years ago: making a love confession in front of, practically, the whole school. Minho heard how Tiffany rejected and humiliated by the boy she confessed to, Choi Siwon. His very own brother. Knowing that it was what made Yuri hated his brother in the first place, that he humiliated her best friend, Minho knows that what he's going to do is outrageous. No, Minho assured himself, this is the best way to do it. It's a reverse psychology, if you may. Minho is sure that Yuri is nice enough, likes him enough, to not doing the same thing Choi Siwon did to Tiffany Hwang.

 

She wouldn't let herself be her very own nemesis, right?
 

Minho held his breath for couple of seconds before he shouted as loud as he can, "Kwon Yuri!"
 

All eyes were on him, but Minho couldn't care less. Yuri, in the other hand, was startled as it was the first time Minho called name without the honorific. Gaining everyone's attention, Minho walked closer towards the startled Kwon Yuri. The tall girl beside her, Sooyoung, nudged and , "I bet my lunch he'll confess to you. Good luck, Yuri-yah~"
 

"Minho, what are you doing?!"
 

Minho could hear the crowds making a commotion as he kneeled down and hand Yuri the bouquet of yellow roses.
 

"Yuri-noona, would you be my girl?" Minho voice trembled a little as Yuri dumbfoundedly accept the bouquet.Some boys had confessed to her, but never in front of the whole school like this. In fact, nobody ever made a public confession ever since what Siwon did to Tiffany. Yuri knows exactly what Minho intend to do.
 

Not knowing how to react, Yuri's eyes traveled fast to hear teammate, to her coach -- Mrs. Park, to the spectator's bench of students. It looked like everyone's eyes were gleaming with anticipation. Except for one person whose eyes reflects those of horror; Choi Siwon. Yuri eyes met his, trying to guess what he feels right now. It was his biggest fear that Yuri would avenge him through his beloved brother. Yuri knows, if she wants revenge, then this is her time. But no, she passed that. She doesn't even sure if she still hold a grudge against him. Above all, Choi Minho has been too nice to her. Yuri likes the boy too much to not break his heart, to not humiliate him in front of the whole school like what Siwon did to her best friend Tiffany. Yuri really likes Choi Minho, but not to the point where she wants him to be more than a good dongsaeng. At least not for now.
 

"Noona, would you be--" Minho tried to repeat his question, but stop half way when Yuri leaned closer; her lips brushed gently against his right ear.
 

"Meet me at our secret place tomorrow, after school," Yuri whispered.
 

"Is that a yes?" Minho confused, it's not something he expect her to say.
 

"Just meet me there, okay," Yuri said in her normal voice, faking a smile.
 

"I'll take that as a yes," Minho grinned sheepishly.
 

Yuri sighed, she doesn't get how Minho's brain works sometimes.

 

This kid.

 

Truthfully, Yuri has no idea what to do with this kid. Yuri could hear how the crowds cheered as Minho stood up, embracing her in a hug with a stupid grin plastered on his cute face. Yuri was relieved, though. at least she doesn't have to humiliate him in front the whole school. But still, she was worrying about Siwon. Her eyes were searching for his figure, but to no avail. She started to panic but to her surprise, her eyes caught another familiar smile. It was the charming smile of his one and only brother, Kwon Yunho.
 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
 


"Yunho-oppa! I miss you! Why don't you told me that you're discharged today?" Yuri hugged her brother tightly. She felt a sense of relieve washe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter