Chapter 11: Vanilla

The Biggest Mistake in My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ah... sorry for the confusion on the previous chapter! I really have a hard time explaining the matter but the point is Minho and Yuri are not blood related. It is kinda confusing though lol. So Siwon is the only son of couple Choi Chilhyun and Lee Aemi. Aemi had two bestfriends, Kim Yoojin and Yang Yunseon. Yuri is the third/youngest child of couple Kwon Junghyuk and Yang Yunseon. Both Choi Chilhyun and Kwon Junghyuk love Kim Yoojin even though both of them are already married to another woman. However, Choi Chilhyun had affair with Yoojin which resulted in Minho. So Minho is the illegitimate child of Choi Chilhyun hence Minho is Siwon's half brother... Junghyuk hated the Chois because he thinks the Choi couple had destroyed Yoojin's life and Lee Aemi had try to influence his wife, Yunseon, into hating him. Junghyuk never had any affair with Yoojin -- he only loves her from afar and keep faithful to his wife.

Phew. That's long. But I hope it's clear the confusion even a little bit >_< All of this will be explained more later in the story~

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“I love you, Yuri noona.”


*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*


 “Kwon Yuri, what are you doing here?” Siwon blurted out. He knows he’s being selfish, but he preferred to not knowing what Yuri’s reaction will be upon his brother confession – because if it turns out that she returns Minho’s feeling, it will only makes him feels even worse than he already does.


Siwon was welcomed by two surprised gaze. Minho chuckled, wondering how long Siwon has been listening to their conversation.


 “Yuri-yah, you should be sleeping right now. We have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow morning, remember?”


 Yuri let out a small sigh of relief that she doesn’t have to respond to Minho’s love confession, at least not for now. “Yeah, of course I do,” Yuri answered nonchalantly.


 “Go get some sleep, I don’t want to see you get sick or anything,” Siwon said. His knowing eyes fixed to Yuri’s, pleading her to be more careful with herself and her sickness.


 “Well… Good night, Minho, we’ll have to talk again later,” Yuri said coyly. She can’t help but to see Choi Siwon in a different light after what Minho told him.


 *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*


“She’s having my baby,” Siwon said vehemently.

“I love her. You know I love her, hyung,” Minho snapped, “You should’ve known better how it feels like knowing the girl you love is pregnant with someone else’s baby. You should’ve known better.”


 “I’m just doing what I have to do, Minho,” Siwon retorted, “I’m doing the right thing. What? Do you want me to ditch her and my baby? I’m sorry, Minho, I really do… this never meant to happen. I’ve told you, it was a mistake… we were drunk and --“


Minho scoffed, “Yeah right, you were drunk. Except that it’s not the only time you slept with her.”

 

“Minho...” Siwon startled, crossing out the possibility of Yuri told his brother literally everything.

 

“You’re not even trying to deny it, are you? I walked in on you having in your room today,” Minho said bitterly, “Do you know how much you, both of you, have hurt me? I heard you argue as well… then I realized, you’re just using her to your own advantages… you are ruining her life.”


“I’m not using her. I never meant to hurt her… Look, I know I messed up. I know I made a mistake… I wronged you. but I’m trying my best to set things right. Like it or not, Kwon Yuri is carrying my baby and I’m responsible for them.”

 

“How could you be so sure that it’s yours? It could be someone else’s. You might not be the only one who slept with her,” Minho retorted. As much as he adores Yuri, he rather believes that she had slept with other guy, that the baby was not his brother’s. Minho thought that it will be somewhat better if it’s not Siwon who has impregnated her. It wouldn’t hurt as much if the father wasn’t the brother he respected so much.

 

Siwon stayed in silence for a moment. He never once doubted that the baby is his, “Yuri… she wouldn’t come to me if it’s not mine, would she? You know how bad our relationship was. Minho-yah, she never asked me to take the responsibility of her baby… but I know I have to. You’re right. I’ve ruined her life and now I want to recompense her for what I’ve done. I have to stay by her side… She and the baby are my responsibility, and you can’t change that. You have to understand, Minho-yah.”


Minho chuckled bitterly. He would try to understand if it’s not hurt so much.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“I guess we’re too early,” Siwon said, trying to break the odd silence but to no avail. He and Yuri were sitting uncomfortably on the obstetrician’s waiting room. He purposely took her to leave his house earlier so that he can avoid more uneasiness with Minho. It also bugged him that Yuri is still being cold to him since their last argument. Little did he know that there’s more thing that bothers her aside from their unfinished arguments.

 

“Choi Siwon, why didn’t you tell me about Yeonhee?” Yuri decided to bring up the matter that has been bothered her much more than she thought it would.

 

“Yeonhee? How did you… Minho told you about her, didn’t he? It’s not something I have to tell you about,” Siwon couldn’t hide his discomfort.

 

“You don’t have to lie about your father if she’s the real reason why you insist on raising the baby with me… because you regret that you lost her and your baby,” Yuri said almost mockingly. She would be lying if she said she’s not disappointed by knowing there’s another story on why Siwon doing this. It wasn’t simply because he’s that gentleman who being responsible for her baby. It was because of this certain girl whom he loves so much.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter