Chapter 26: To Save Yourself

The Biggest Mistake in My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho closed his eyes as he kissed Yuri.

 

The moment was perfect. He didn’t remember when he placed his hand on her jaw line, delicately propping her as their lips met.

 

The taste of her lips was heavenly, Minho supposed. He went on to catch her soft upper lip and then gently tugged it. So heavenly, yet so unrighteous.

 

The kiss could’ve been perfect if only she wasn’t his sister-in-law or pregnant with his brother’s baby.

 

Minho still closed his eyes tightly when he pulled away, feeling her hands on his chest –about to push him away. That’s when regret started to crawl into him. The last thing he wanted was to make things awkward between them.

 

He opened his eyes. He felt his heart pounding, scared to see her reaction. Yuri was expectably taken aback, obviously flustered. She was too flustered to say anything.

 

“I…” Minho felt his throat dry. He knew he made a mistake by risking his relationship with her, but his heart aches more at the possibility of her pushing him away for his mistake.

 

“This is… wrong,” Yuri stammered weakly, still processing what was just happened. Her cheeks flushed.

 

‘I know,’ Minho silently admitted, heart still pounding hard; ‘I know’. The boy knew he made a mistake that might jeopardize their relationship – but he refused to regret the kiss, though; it felt too good to be regretted. It felt so wrong yet so right. It made him can’t think clearly, still.

 

Yuri’s eyes showed an utter confusion, demanding an explanation from him. Minho knew he should say something in hope to fix his mistake, to save himself from the impending mess; but not even a single word could come out of his lips.

 

He completely panicked.

 

Yuri’s mouth drops open in disbelief as the boy got up and left her alone, just like that, in a daze.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
 

Siwon came home late again that night. Without even questioning, he knew Yuri must’ve had fallen asleep – he would too if he was her. The night was already so late. The band practice and the waiter job obviously weren’t as fun and easy as he thought they would be. He was dead tired, but there was a sense of relieve as soon as he got home. He felt a little less tired, a little less stressed.

 

He locked the door of the wooden cabin which had been his home for quite a while now. A home he shared with Kwon Yuri. A girl who several months ago used to be his biggest enemy; pulling annoying pranks on him, sharing hateful remarks and glances – who would’ve thought they’d ended up like this?

 

Siwon chuckled at the thought.

 

As soon as he washed himself and prepared for bed, Siwon shuddered. He noted that the cabin felt much colder than usual. The heater broke, he checked. It’s not unexpected considering the small cabin had been abandoned for years prior to this; the fact that most of the home appliances was still working is quite a wonder. He cursed himself for having zero knowledge on fixing electrical things like this.

 

He checked on Yuri who was sleeping on her bed. She was wrapped under her blanket yet still shivering from the cold. She also seemed to be having a nightmare, again. Every now and then her head would toss lightly, her eyebrows furrowed, her lips mumbling quietly. It’s been several consecutive nights since the first time he noticed this.

 

Siwon sighed, feeling sorry for her.

 

He had wondered if something’s bothering her lately, but she never told him anything. But then again, ever since he got busier with his jobs, they barely communicate with each other. They mostly only shared some little talk about their unborn baby – their little Yuna, as Yuri recently suggested. Speaking of which, he felt the most sorry that he couldn’t even have time to accompany her to the usual pregnancy check-up like he used to. But it’s not like he had another choice now.

 

He sat on the side of her bed; gently put another layer of blanket – his own blanket – on her, wishing it would stop her from shivering. To his relief, she did stop shivering. With brows still furrowed, her head slowly sunk down, her lips pouted and her tongue out a little. Siwon smiled on the sight, wondering why on earth he found it so adorable; and it’s not even the first time he saw it.

 

Siwon quickly grabbed his phone, eager to capture Yuri’s quirky sleeping habit.

 

Flash.
 

Loud fake shutter sound.

 

‘Oh God’, Siwon’s eyes bulged in panic. The flash and noise was a successful combo to wake up the sleeping girl.

 

“Yaaaaah,” Yuri groaned groggily, eyes fluttering open to face the thing that woke her up. “Siwon?”

 

“Hi, Dino…”

 

“What are you –“ Yuri groaned again. With a hoarse voice she continued, “Did you just take a picture of me sleeping?”

 

He grinned sheepishly.

 

“ert.”

 

“What?!” I’m not a ert! You should see what you look like when you’re sleeping. You sleep with your tongue out, you weirdo! See for yourself!”

 

“Yeah, whatever,” Yuri said, glancing at the picture he just taken. She wasn’t surprised as he had mentioned about this sleeping habit to her many times before.

 

“What time is it?” she muttered, eyes looking at his phone’s digital clock display. “What did I do to make you wake me up this late… so mean.”

 

“Yah! You were shivering so I gave you my blanket so you can sleep well, look! How mean is that, huh?”

 

“Oh,” Yuri finally noticed the blanket, no wonder she suddenly felt a bit warmer. She hazily remembered feeling very cold just a while ago. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter