Chapter 13: Reversal

The Biggest Mistake in My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yuri-yah, do you know why I let you go to normal school and I even let you join the soccer club despite your illness?” Kwon Junghyuk asked. He let out a sigh at his youngest daughter’s stubbornness. It’s something he expects for Kwon Yuri, she had always been strong willed and he would always eventually give up to her stubbornness; but this time is different.

 

Yuri stayed silent, waiting for her father to continue.

 

“Because I want you to grow up as normal as possible… and this is definitely not my idea of normal. Not only you’re risking your life but having a baby at your age, you’re destroying your own future, too.”

 

“I’m keeping my baby, Appa. I know the risks and I’m going to fight for it,” Yuri firmly said. She trembled a little seeing her father was standing still, staring deep into her eyes.

 

“I know. I understand your decision, but I just can’t let you marry that Choi kid… I can’t see you have his baby… Do you know how much I despise that family, Yuri?“

 

“It’s my baby, Appa. It has nothing to do with your hate for them.”

 

Junghyuk let out a small laugh, “Of course, it has. I know what kind of people the Chois are. I just can’t let you, my own daughter, to go on with this... they’ll only make your life like hell. Don’t be so naïve, Yuri. You don’t think that you’ll live happily ever after with that boy, do you? He’ll probably leave you and your baby in a year or so – just like what his father did to Kim Yoojin. I don’t know what he said to you, but trust me, it’s all false hope.”

 

If the man wasn’t the father she respect and adores so much, Yuri would scoff at the man in front of her. She knows exactly how her father still stuck in his past, in his memories with his first love: Kim Yoojin – the mother of Choi Minho. Even as a little kid, when her mother was still alive, Yuri could tell that her parents were never really in love with each other. They looked like best friends rather than lovers, which is not a bad thing. Not a bad thing at all, Yuri thought. For Kwon Yuri ‘love’ is one thing that brings the worst, the stupidest thing in people. Her father would be the perfect example for it.

 

“His name is Choi Siwon. He is not his father, Appa. He’s different… stop comparing him to his father. I – I know he’ll make a good father for my baby,” Yuri couldn’t even believe that she just defend Choi Siwon. If anything has to be said about the boy, Yuri knew she can trust him to be a dependable father for their baby. She could tell how sincere he is about it, no matter what his intentions are. At first Yuri has prepared herself to keep and raise the baby alone; but after seeing how dependable Siwon has been, she felt like she couldn’t ask more. Moreover, Siwon had said how important it is for him to stay with her for their baby. With a weaker voice Yuri added, “I need him, Appa… I need him as a father of my baby.”

 

Kwon Junghyuk took his daughter words as something a lovestruck would say. For some reason he felt almost helpless at his daughter’s stubbornness. He couldn’t handle the thoughts of losing another daughter; but he couldn’t handle the thoughts of his daughter marrying the son of two people he hates the most either.

 

“I’m sure that there are many respectable men who are willing to marry you. I can arrange –“

 

“Are you going to marry me off to some random guy that will only care about your money? I just can’t… I don’t think this conversation will lead to somewhere good. I’m sorry but… I’m leaving, Appa,” Yuri gritted her teeth, trying her best to calm down. All she wanted was a comforting hug from her family, but instead, all she got was more pain to her wounded heart.

 

“Yuri, please listen to me. This is the best… the most reasonable solution,” Junghyuk said right before Yuri barged out of the living room, out of the house. She decided that, for now, it’s the best for her to just walk away from her father and go somewhere else to calm herself down. Her brother Yunho had gone to Japan just now and her father was still being his commanding self. It angered Yuri that she’s losing all the people that used to be her biggest support, all in one day. What angered her most was how, once again, the father she adores is the same guy who could be so foolishly blinded by love and petty hate. It always angered her to see that side of her father.

 

Kwon Junghyuk followed his daughter to the mansion’s porch, where Choi Siwon waited for her for the past half hour or so. Yuri quickly approached Siwon, grabbing both sleeves of his leather jacket, “Let’s go Siwon, please take me somewhere else.”

 

Half surprised, Siwon managed to notice how Yuri looked so upset. Siwon would know best how Yuri had too much upsetting things going on at the moment and he felt extremely sorry for her. Even though she wasn’t even crying, his first instinct was to embrace her in warm, comforting hug.

 

“Yuri-yah, are you okay?” Siwon asked worriedly, still hugging the younger girl gently. Yuri stood still. Her mind went blank for sever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter