Chapter 12: Friends

The Biggest Mistake in My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"T-Tiffany... we need to talk," Yuri said, her voice was trembling. 

 

"Yeah, we do," Tiffany Hwang mumbled, she couldn't think straight after seeing the totally unexpected sight of her best friend Kwon Yuri and her ultimate crush Choi Siwon. Tiffany has been worrying over Yuri for the past few days, as the latter was missing and wouldn't answer her phone calls -- not to mention there's also a vicious rumor about her spreading like wildfire in their school. For Tiffany, Kwon Yuri is more than a best friend; she's a hero for her, the one who always protects her and cares for her the most. By the time Yuri went missing and rumor was spreading, Tiffany couldn't even sleep because she kept thinking about Yuri. Tiffany was dead sure that there’s no way Yuri would avoiding her in any way because they're inseparable. Soulmates. Now that Tiffany accidentally found her, Yuri was sitting intimately with Choi Siwon -- the guy she supposedly hate the most. It's too confusing for Tiffany to process.

 

"Just the two of us," Yuri weakly added, asking Siwon to leave them alone.

 

"But, Yuri..." Siwon refused the idea of leaving her to talk to Tiffany by herself. "Please..." Yuri begged, the hint of importance in her voice is apparent. Siwon couldn't help but to reluctantly leave the two girls alone.

 

Tiffany's eyes briefly followed Siwon as he left before she returned her gaze to the trembling girl in front of her, "What's going on Yuri-yah? You... have a lot of things to explain to me."

 

"I do..." Yuri lightly bit her bottom lip, wondering how she should begin her explanation. Ever since she found out about her pregnancy, Yuri has decided she will eventually tell Tiffany about it. The thing is, she has no idea how to explain it to her. Tiffany could sense the hesitancy in Yuri’s actions, so she took the initiative to begin.

 

“Yah, Kwon Yuri, why didn’t you answers my calls?! Do you know how much I’m worried about you? I called to your home and they said you’re running away from your dad? What’s happen Yuri?” Tiffany frowned.

 

Yuri’s heart lurched at her best friend’s familiar frown. It’s the exact expression Tiffany would make whenever she is worry over something. Yuri knows the bright girl too well; Tiffany is a girl who expresses her emotion very well. When she’s sad she will cry out loud, when she’s happy her eyes will form a charming eye-smile; and whenever she’s very angry, very excited, or even very worry about something she will talk a lot and raise her tone. Yuri knows better to stay silent and wait until the naïve girl finished her train of words.

 

“I’m sorry… I-I left my phone in my house,” Yuri sounded like she’s whispering.

 

“So it’s true that you’re running away from your home? Oh my God, Yuri… what’s happen? Why you don’t you tell me anything? I’m so worried about you! And –and some kids at school said crazy things about you, Yuri-yah… I’m so pissed out!”

“What did they say?” Yuri almost choked on her own words, fearing that Tiffany already knew about everything not from her own lips. Tiffany paused, creating an awkward silence. She was unsure if she should tell Yuri what those kids said about her. Tiffany thought the ‘rumor’ will hurt Yuri because it’s such a sensitive issue for her after what happened to her unnie. It pained Tiffany greatly to hear what people have said about her best friend, but then again, Yuri was suspiciously missing. She didn’t even tell her a thing…

 

“Well… they… they said you left your home because… because you’re pregnant…”

 

Yuri’s heart skipped a beat.

 

“…with Choi Minho’s baby. They said that your father kicked you out like what he did to your sister… and, of course, of course I said it’s impossible, I don’t believe it. My Yuri is not that kind of girl… not that I’m saying your late sister is… but I know you’re not like that. I mean, there’s no way you’re pregnant, right? I mean, we’ve pledged to celibacy and--” Tiffany stumbled on her words. She stopped as she learnt how Yuri’s expression became darker.

 

“I am pregnant, Fany-yah…” Yuri said as tears slowly rolled down her cheeks.

 

“What? Yah, Kwon Yuri! This is not one of your pranks, right? It’s not funny, you aren’t suppose to joke about this. Besides, your maid said that you’re running away! So the rumor is false and you’re just toying with me, right?” Tiffany couldn’t hide how startled she was. She’s trying to dismiss how serious Yuri looked. She’s trying to deny how truthful Yuri’s confession was.

 

“I hope I was joking…” Yuri’s lips formed a bitter smile at her friend’s naivety; “I’m pregnant… and I’m running away because my appa want me to abort the baby… and it’s not Minho’s… it’s… I…” Yuri trailed off; she had no idea how to tell her that certain side of the story.

 

“Yuri-yah…” Tiffany found herself at loss of words; her gaze was fixed at Yuri whose eyes were b with tears. She almost never sees the girl cry, except that one time at the funeral of her unnie – Kwon Boa. Yuri is not the type who cries easily... she’s serious about this. It just hit Tiffany how the rumor is, indeed, a truth. And it hit her real hard.

 

“Yuri-yah… Are you saying that I defended you for nothing? I said… I said to them that I’m your best friend… I know you better than most people… that you will let me know if something happen to you.  What is this Yuri… I thought we are best friend… Why Yuri? Why?” Tiffany said as she bega

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter