Chapter 16: Unrefined

The Biggest Mistake in My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Yuri was staring at the spotless white ceiling, looking for anything that will distract her from two things: boredom and Choi Siwon. There was nothing much else to see in that hospital room. Everything was white and clean, pretty much nothing to Yuri’s interest. She’s the type who gets bored quite easily so being bed-rested for days like this is such a torment for her. It’s only been four days since she was admitted to the hospital; while Siwon has been a great company, but he wasn’t enough of a help to ease the uneasiness; not when he’s one of the main cause of the uneasiness. Just like now, Yuri was avoiding his intent stare. Yuri noticed how Siwon always gives her that certain stare whenever they finished talking, as if he was wondering something about her. As if he’s thinking about what to do about her and their baby.

 

It was rather uncomfortable. It almost reminds her of that certain stare Minho always gives her in this kind of situation, too. Maybe it’s the Chois thing, Yuri lamely concluded.

 

Her mind began to wander, looking for something to talk about. But the thing is they’ve practically talked about everything within the past four days, getting to know each other little by little. Now it felt like as if they’ve run out of topics to talk, more likely because there’s such an unexplainably awkward tension between them after they defined the nature of their relationship. Both of them felt like they have to get closer with each other because they’re “partner” now, but not close enough because, well, they’re just “partner” and that’s that.

 

Yuri sighed, turning her head to Siwon. “It’s really boring, isn’t it?”

 

“Well, kind of. Wanna do something fun?”

 

“Like what? I can’t even get up from this bed,” said Yuri matter-of-factly. She pouted by the fact that the most she can do was half-sitting on the hospital bed.

 

“Something like –“ …making out?

 

Siwon mentally kicked himself for being distracted by her luscious lips, again. For the past few days looking after her on the hospital bed, Siwon is oddly distracted by her mere presence. It’s the stupid raging hormones of teenage boy, Siwon blamed. His eyes met those of Yuri’s, then he involuntarily averted his gaze to her lips, then to her jaw, then to her long neck, then -- Control yourself, Choi Siwon. He could’ve sworn that Yuri has turned him into a lowlife ert; and he’s ashamed of that.

 

“Uhh, I mean, do you want to eat fruits? I can buy you fruits,” said Siwon, hoping that he wasn’t blushing now.

 

Yuri’s eyes widened, laughing, “Is that your idea of fun? Eating fruits?”

 

Siwon gaped in disbelief at his own absurdity, “No…”

 

“Well, I do want to eat some fruits, actually. The hospital foods are so bland,” Yuri stated.

 

“Good. I’ll buy you some, then” said Siwon as he rose from his seat. “I’ll be back soon,” he added. At this point all he needed was a time away from her – to cool his mind down. Grabbing his leather jacket, Siwon turned back before exiting the door.

 

“Go grab some food too while you’re at it. I haven’t seen you eat today.”

 

“Alright, Dino. Wait for me, okay,” he grinned, a dimple formed on his cheek.

 

Yuri nodded weakly as he closed the door, amused at how he didn’t even ask her what kind of fruit she wants. She silently hoped that he buy anything but apples.

 

Yuri leaned back to her pillows, thinking about how he can be so weird at times, about how she used to hate him so yet she’s now practically depending on him; eventually wondering about where fate will take them to. He definitely wasn’t as bad as she thought he was – in fact, she now can’t even deny how caring and dependable he is.

 

Yuri sighed, caressing the hardly visible baby bump of hers; “Hey little one, what should I do about your daddy? Is it okay if I like him a little bit more, now?” Surprisingly the baby answered her with a little kick. Yuri let out a small laugh, “Of course you’ll want me to like him. But, hey, it isn’t as easy as it sounds, you know.”

 

It’s complicated,Yuri thought, and I don’t want to make things more complicated than they already are.

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

With a bag full of apples in one hand, Siwon exited the elevator and proceed to power-walk to the direction of Yuri’s hospital room. He didn’t want to make her waited for too long.

 

As he was getting closer to the room, he noticed that there’s a girl walking back-in-forth in front of the door, occasionally peeking through the small window on the door; as if contemplating whether to get in or not. His first instinct was to check the room number just in case he was in wrong floor.

 

304, it is her room.

 

The anxious girl had her back turned against him, so Siwon couldn’t see her face. “Um, Miss?” Siwon patted the girl’s shoulder, wondering who she is and why she’s wandering in front of Yuri’s hospital room.

 

The girl squalled in surprise by the unexpected gesture, almost dropping the bags of stuff she’s holding.

 

“Tiffany?”

 

“S-siwon oppa,” Tiffany Hwang could feel how her cheek reddened. Siwon noticed this, too. It has always been terribly awkward between them after what happened two years ago. He never meant to hurt the younger girl in anyway, but he couldn’t help but to admit that he came off as a mean to her back then. Siwon has always feel guilty to her, especially knowing that she still has feelings for him – but he knows that an apologize will only make things more awkward; he didn’t want to get her hopes up.

 

But, of course, now things are different. It’s a thousand times more awkward between them. Painfully awkward.

 

She avoided his eyes by looking into her own shoes, “I-I… I want to meet Yuri, may I? I need to talk to her.”

 

Siwon didn’t sure if it was a good idea considering what happened earlier between the two girls. For a moment there Siwon wondered if he should try to explain whatever going on between him and Yuri to Tiffany. Not like he owes her any explanation, but still.

 

“I’m not here to cause trouble or anything, I just… I need to talk to her, Oppa,” Tiffany almost sounded like she’s begging. “I-I will wait until she wakes up,” she added.

 

He could easily sense her sincerity. Siwon took a glance to the small window on the door; Yuri was indeed sleeping. The girl kept on sleeping every now and then because she has been feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter