Chapter 22: Wedding Rings

The Biggest Mistake in My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Still no wedding ring?” Minho coyly asked as he gazed at how Yuri’s hands were starting to meticulously stitching button-eye to a teddy bear. He sat in front of her, separated by the wooden coffee table on the cabin’s so-called living room.

 

Focusing on the doll, Yuri shook her head, “It’s not like we have to have it, right?”

 

“I don’t know, I just still can’t believe that you are married to my hyung now, Noona,” Minho shrugged. “A wedding ring, though, will certainly help me to remember that,” he added in a joking manner, trying to sound as casual as possible to hide his jealousy and bitterness.

 

“Oh really?” Yuri softly chuckled, eyes still focusing on the bear doll, “I keep on forgetting that I’m now married to him too.”

 

There’s one thing Yuri couldn’t forget, though. She still vividly remembers how her hand was shaking as she signed the paper to legally marry the father of her baby. She could’ve sworn that her groom, Choi Siwon, was visibly nervous too. There were no wedding ceremony or even wedding dress and suit – they were pretty much on their casual outfits as they signed the papers, but it didn’t make the marriage felt any less surrealistic for both of them and apparently for Minho too.

 

“I guess my hyung is too cheap for wedding rings, huh?”

 

Yuri laughed, finally looking at him in the eyes, “No, no… it’s not like that. Siwon did talk about wedding rings… but I think wedding rings kind of feel unnecessary. Besides, this marriage changes nothing of me and your brother except for our marital status since we’re only doing this for the baby – you know that, Minho-yah. ”

 

Just few months ago, the thought of marrying her sworn enemy in a quiet civil marriage wouldn’t even cross Yuri’s mind at all – especially not when she’s only seventeen year-old and pregnant with his baby.

 

Minho nodded as a faint, unreadable smile drawn on his lips. “Yeah, I know, Hyungsoo-nim,” he by ‘respectfully’ calling her sister-in-law, but the word certainly didn’t fail to make his heart ached a little more – even when the word came from his own mouth as a light-hearted joke.

 

Suddenly, Minho felt a little bit bitterer.

 

Yuri softly laughed, “Now that is really unnecessary.”

 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

 

“But Hyung-nim, we never talk about touring!” Siwon protested.

 

“Yah! Are you stupid or what, new guy? We’re a rock band so of course we go on tour too,” a dark long-haired effeminate guy named Kim Heechul responded, obviously irritated at Siwon’s protest.

 

“But I thought we are just a regular café band,” Siwon weakly said, shifting his gaze to the other guy sitting next to him, Lee Sungmin, asking for support. The equally effeminate but platinum-blonde haired guy only pulled an awkward, sympathetic smile in response – as if to tell Siwon that he’s also taken aback by the other guy’s idea of touring.

 

“Regular café band? Did you just say regular café band? Are you ing kidding me? Space Star is one awesome band that goes on tour! Not just a ing regular café band! Wait until Jungmo hear this! Do you want to get fired already, huh new guy?”

 

“No… I’m sorry, Hyung-nim, I’m sorry. I really need this job,” Siwon quickly apologized, guiltily furrowing his eyebrows as he realized the mistake in his speech.

 

It’s been only about a month since he was auditioned and accepted as the new drummer of Space Star Café’s home band – owned by Kim Heechul himself. A perfect side job for him to earn extra money for his new little family, because he only needed to play every weekend nights. Siwon’s first impression of his two out of three new band mates were that they’re such emasculate men who don’t look like they belong in a rock band; but he learned that these two have so much talent and charisma, not to mention their strong personalities too, that Siwon was embarrassed he only saw them as two effeminate guys. They’re obviously more than how they look.

 

The other guy who was not present, Kim Jungmo, was a shy guy but astoundingly multi-talented musician who can skillfully play all instruments. Despite his broad ability, the guy is the bassist of the band to the charismatic vocalist Heechul and the guitarist Sungmin. Siwon felt lucky to join this band not only because he gets to earn more money but he can learn a lot from his band mates, particularly Jungmo, too.

 

“If Jungmo didn’t injure his leg and you’re not the only drummer applied I’d kick you out right away,” He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter