Mishap

Joy Sanctuary

Sungmin was preparing the dough in the classroom when Kyuhyun walked in. They had reached the sanctuary earlier and Mrs Cho had insisted Sungmin to have breakfast with their family first before she started her preparations.

"Sungmin, after the baking class later, isit ok if you come over to the lobby because the contractor wanted to confirm something?"

Sungmin looked up "Sure, was my measurements wrong?"

"Your designs are ok, I think on the site, something couldn't fit. Maybe the original plot area was wrong, I don't know. I will meet them first, later you join us at the lobby?"

"Ok. So.... you are not joining the class, right?" Sungmin .

Kyuhyun laughed, strode over to her and hugged her from behind. "You look so cute in this pink apron! I would love to join, but sadly the contractors are here, so I have to work."

"My architect boyfriend is so hardworking" Sungmin turned around and smile at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun tightened his hold and kissed her. As her gloved hands were full of flour, some of it dropped onto his polo tee. She ended the kiss and quickly removed her plastic handglove and wipe it away.

"Heyyy, it's okay, don't worry about it" Kyuhyun said turning her head back to him and kissed her again.

"Kyu, the kids are going to walk in any time"

Kyuhyun chuckled. He knew that Sungmin was shy in case they got caught kissing by his family, so he slowly let her go. "Ok teacher, I leave you to get ready for the class. I see you later?".

Nodding her head, she gave Kyuhyun a sweet smile.

"You smile like that, my feet can never move..."

"Go..... get out of here!" Sungmin playfully pushed Kyuhyun to the classroom door.

Laughing, Kyuhyun said "Okay, okay, I'm out"

At the door, Ryeowook appeared with Mrs Cho carrying baking trays and cupcake boxes. They were surprised that Kyuhyun was laughing happily with Sungmin. Sungmin felt shy and said "Ermmm, Kyuhyun was here to disturb me, so I'm chasing him out".

Mrs Cho smile happily "I'm so happy that Kyuhyun is laughing like this. He hardly laugh! Either he's too busy or he's hardly here". 

"Omma, of course I laugh with you all and the kids..." 

"I said 'hardly'. So why were you disturbing Sungmin?" 

"Secret!!..." and he ran out of the classroom. 

Sungmin closed laughing, then smile and bowed at the two ladies, and went back to resume her dough. She used new pair of plastic gloves and started dividing the dough into 20 bowls. 

Mrs Cho smiling happily to herself because she could sense that something was going on between her son and Sungmin. She hope that Kyuhyun would introduce Sungmin officially as his girlfriend to their family soon, or, maybe, she should invite Sungmin to have a meal with their family! 

She turned to Ryeowook and smile "Wook, you can start calling the kids. Get them to wear the apron" 

"Yes Mrs Cho" 

The baking class was full of fun. The kids were very inquisitive, wanted to try everything, full of ideas when it comes to decorating the cupcakes, and insist on putting in and taking out the cakes from the oven eventhough Ryeowook told them the ovens were hot. 

Sungmin encouraged the kids to express their ideas on the icing, like what flavour they want to mix and what colour they want to decorate on it.  She demonstrated blue hydrangea cupcakes, by tinting some of the frosting blue with Americolor Sky Blue and Royal Blue. She showed them how to tint the violet frosting with Wilton Violet, by layering the blue and violet in the decorating bag with a #2D tip. Then carefully press the end of the decorating bag onto the cupcake from the outer area first. 

The kids were full of "woah" and "wow" and even Ryeowook, who was filming the whole class, was impressed with how Sungmin came up with pretty hydrangea flower cupcakes. 

And there were lots of laughter when two boys, who join the baking class, intended to decorate it like a soccer ball, but because they put too much black, it looks like a bowling ball. 

The cupcakes were enough to be shared with all the kids in the sanctuary and everybody love it so much. They voted to have another cupcake baking lesson so Sungmin agreed to have additional class 2 weeks from now and received a loud cheers and round of applause. 

Ryeowook and 2 other staff helped Sungmin cleaned up the class, and then Sungmin has to excused herself and informed Ryeowook that she need to meet the contractor who were renovating the lobby area. Ryeowook was full of praise for Sungmin, because despite her busy schedule as a designer, she still want to help at the Sanctuary. 

The renovation was in progress and there were wood planks, bricks, glass panels at almost every corner. Kyuhyun was talking to two contractors and when he saw Sungmin, he waved and seemed to be telling the two men who she was, because both of them turned towards her. 

"Careful, don't steps on those planks. The ground not solid yet" Kyuhyun told Sungmin and reached out for her hand to guide her on where to step. 

"Mr Park and Mr Jung, this is Miss Lee Sungmin, the designer from SJ Designs Inc." Kyuhyun introduced Sungmin to them, then he turned to Sungmin, and said "Sungmin, this is Mr Park, head contractor, and Mr Jung, the supervisor for this site". 

"Hi, nice to meet you" Sungmin shook hands with them. 

"Miss Lee,  I think the ground sinked down, so the wall glass panel couldn't fit. We just want you to suggest what reinforcement we should use to level up so that we can still meet your design requirements" Mr Jung was asking

Kyuhyun phone rang, so he excused himself to answer the phone. He signalled to them to proceed discussion. Sungmin asked to see the plan, and Mr Jung passed it to her. 

After some discussions and measurements, Sungmin suggested to use shear panels and additional concrete layer to support the glass panels in case in some years down the road, the ground sink again. Since she brought pen and small notebook in her handbag, she took them out and started to note all the adjustments. 

She wanted to measure the other wall to confirm that those are not affected, so she stepped over some planks to go to the other side. Suddenly, the planks gave way and it triggered other planks to fall towards Sungmin. She scream and the loud crashed sound made Kyuhyun turned around as he had just finished talking.

Alarmed that Sungmin might be hurt, he dashed back to the lobby area. To his horror, Sungmin was below the fallen planks and her legs were stucked inside the half-done floor. 

"Sungmin...!!!!!!" Kyuhyun shouted with alarm. 

Mr Park and Mr Jung were shouting at the workers to help removed the planks, then Mr Jung quickly called the ambulance. Mrs Cho, Ryeowook and some kids were running towards the lobby area to see what was the loud crash. 

"Omma, stay back. Wook, move the kids back into the hall".

Mrs Cho started crying when she saw Sungmin was hurt. Ryeowook tried to calm her down and pull her back into the hall. When the workers managed to clear the planks, Kyuhyun gently lifted up Sungmin's upper body and put her on his lap. Sungmin's head, arms and legs were bleeding and she was semi conscious. He felt sad that Sungmin was in that state. 

"Min, I'm here. Stay with me ok, the ambulance will be here soon" he said while gently dab the bleeding on her head with his handkerchief. 

"Mr Cho, the ambulance is here" one of the workers ran in to inform Kyuhyun. 

The paramedics took over and place some protected sponge around Sungmin's neck, arms and legs, and they lifted her carefully onto the stretcher. One of the paramedics asked some questions to know the extend of injuries and Kyuhyun told them everything. Kyuhyun took Sungmin's bag and followed the ambulance. He signalled to his mother, who was waiting outside, that he would call her later from the hospital. Mrs Cho was still crying and was hugged by Ryeowook. 

Throughout the journey to the hospital, Kyuhyun held Sungmin's hand, and only let go when a lady paramedics need to put her hand on drip. And then he resumed holding her hand. 

"Is she your wife, sir?" the lady paramedics asked him, seeing how caring Kyuhyun was. 

"Girlfriend. And yeah, future wife" Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin with full of love. 

"You two are a loving couple. She is lucky to have you" the lady smile sincerely. "She'll be ok. Seem like she broke her shin and ankle, and the rest are bruises".

"Thank you. That's very assuring. I should have stayed by her side, but I was answering a phone call..." 

"Sometimes, this kind of situations often make us realise how much we treasure that person and how much we want to protect them. It's just one of God's way to test us". 

"Yes, agree with you. Thank you, Ms Sunny" Kyuhyun said after noticing her name on her name tag. 

"You are welcome. Ok, we are here"

Sungmin was brought into the A&E ward for urgent checkup. Kyuhyun was asked to go to the registration counter to register Sungmin, which luckily he brought along Sungmin's bag. While Kyuhyun was at the counter, Sungmin was pushed to undergo an X-ray and then wheeled back to the A&E observation ward and when Kyuhyun came back, 2 nurses were cleaning her wounds and another nurse was bandaging her arms and leg. 

"Sir, are you the husband of the patient?" a nurse asked him. 

Kyuhyun wanted to say 'boyfriend', but then again, they might not allow him to be there. Normally only family or next-of-kin are allowed to be with the patient. "Yes I am" Kyuhyun finally said.