Becoming closer

Joy Sanctuary

Kyuhyun became a regular visitor to SJ Designs Inc, in the pretext of discussing his projects with Heechul and Sungmin, which, in a way has some truths in it.

But Sungmin would try to play it low and avoid being together with Kyuhyun alone in the same meeting room, which is happening now because Heechul left to attend another meeting with Donghae. 

"Why are you leaving? Stay here" Kyuhyun said when he noticed that Sungmin packed up to go back to her seat.

"I want to start amending so that you can check and confirm the design" Sungmin said while closing her laptop.

"Then, stay here and amend"

"Mr Cho... "

"What happened to 'Kyu'? Heechul is not here. Why are you still calling your boyfriend as 'Mr Cho'?"

"I just don't want anybody to..."

"What? They might misunderstand what's going on? I'm very sure they will think that I drill you to complete the design instead!" Kyuhyun chuckled.  And he walked slowly to where Sungmin was standing.

Sungmin was praying that nobody opened the meeting room door because she being pulled into a hug! She loved to be in Kyuhyun’s arms, but now was not the right time! 

Kyuhyun pecked her lips and said "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you in a difficult position in your office. I just missed holding you" he kissed her forehead, and continued "Ok I'll leave now. I fetch you at 7pm ok? We go for dinner and later we can discuss about the baking class." 

"Ok. Text me before you leave your office so that I can get ready and wait for you downstairs" Sungmin looked up at him and smile. 

Kyuhyun bend down and kissed her again, and then walked to the meeting room's door, smiling and waving at her. Sungmin waved back, packed her laptop and design sheets, and headed back to her seat. 

There were a lot of changes for the initial designs of the Indoor Playroom. As Kyuhyun didn't specify anything and requested Sungmin to put together anything that comes to her mind, she has design the playroom from ideas that she got after searching the Internet and reading some books recommended by Kyuhyun. 

They had gone to buy the big ovens the previous weekend for the baking class, and on the way to the supplier, the topic in the car was on the indoor playroom. That was when Kyuhyun recommended her with some reference books. 

However, when Kyuhyun reviewed her designs this week, he threw in more requirements and amended almost every corner, so in the end, Sungmin has to revise the whole design! Not that she mind, she was already quite used to KH Cho's style. It opened her mind how serious Kyuhyun was when it comes to work and he was indeed somebody deserved to be well respected in architectural and design world. 

Sungmin was too absorbed in amending the designs that she didn't realised it was already 6.30pm! That means she only have 30 minutes to wrap up, emailed whatever she could finished to her boss, saved her work, rushed to the ladies room to touch up and wash her mug. On the way to the lift, she checked her phone, she has 5 messages! 3 from Kyuhyun, 1 from Donghae and 2 from Heechul. 

Kyuhyun said he was leaving soon, and that was at 6.20pm. Then at 6.40pm, he said that he was at the traffic junction 3 blocks from her office and that she could come down if she ready. Then the 3rd message was 5 minutes ago "Where are you? I'm here at the driveway" 

"" Sungmin was hoping the elevator would go down faster. She rushed off once the door opened and spotted Kyuhyun's car. 

"Sorry Kyu!!" she said once she has rushed in to the passenger seat. 

"It's alright, luckily not many cars and I didn't blocked any vehicles" he smile and reached over to squeezed her hand "You must have been amending the designs!" 

Sungmin chuckled because Kyuhyun knew her so well. "Where are we going?" she purposely changed the subject. 

Kyuhyun laughed, because he knew that Sungmin was engrossed in amending until she forgot the time. "Hmmm, let's eat soft shell crab, shall we? I made a reservation at Pro Ganjang Gejang Sinsa" 

"Really? The one at Jamwon-dong? I heard it's really nice, but usually fully booked unless you go slightly later. Let me Google. Hmmm, a lot of users gave it as 5 star. They wrote that the crab are really fresh and delicious! Sauce mix with Korean egg rice, together with traditional Korean appetizer are really good! Each person enjoyed one crab and it is already filling! A bit expensive but worth a try" Sungmin read excitedly. She has always wanted to go but eating alone was no fun. 

Kyuhyun laughed again. An excited Sungmin is really super cute. And a hungry one too. Haha. He glad that he had decided to bring her to eat soft shell crab for dinner. He had eaten there once, with a fellow architect from Wuhan, and had wanted to come back there again. 

The dinner was very very delicious, and Sungmin enjoyed eating until was too full to talk! Kyuhyun kept feeding her crab meat and Sungmin was so satisfied that she burped twice loudly. Kyuhyun laughed at Sungmin's cuteness and hugged her because she felt too embarrassed to walk! 

Kyuhyun brought her to his apartment and Sungmin was at awe as soon as she stepped into his home. It is moderately decorated yet luxurious, well designed yet cosy, and clean and tidy.  

"Make yourself at home. Shall we have wine first?" Kyuhyun held Sungmin's hand to lead her to his sofa, and then to his wine chiller. 

"Kyu, can I use your bathroom?" 

"Sure, in the kitchen, to your left. Or if you prefer the one in my bedroom, it's the room in front of you" Kyuhyun . 

Sungmin smile shyly. His bedroom? It's too personal. Though she is his girlfriend now, she still don't know a lot of personal things about him, and she still feel awkward being too close to him. She walked towards the kitchen and found the bathroom. 

Kyuhyun was pouring wine into the 2nd glass when she walked back to the sofa. "Heyyy. I hope you are ok with this. It's Buttery Chardonnay,  a crisp, white Chardonnay with enough acidity to complement the sweetness of crab meat" and he showed Sungmin the bottle. 

"I go with your decision, master" Sungmin said smiling sweetly while taking a glass from him. 

Kyuhyun some music and it was a very soothing song, and nice to do a slow dance. He pulled Sungmin up to dance with him, much to Sungmin's horror. 

"Kyu, I don't know how to dance... !!" 

"Don't be shy, there is nobody here. Just move and follow my steps" and he held Sungmin's waist and pulled her closer. "Min, don't be shy with me anymore. I want us to be close, to get to know each other better and to trust each other. I want to share everything with you and I want to meet your family too. My mum will be the happiest person if I said that you are my girlfriend now because she has been hoping that it will happen" Kyuhyun said while holding her close to him and talked softly near her ears. 

Sungmin pulled back and looked up to him "I'm sorry Kyu, I just need some time because I can't help feeling respectful towards you because of who you are and that you are our client. I need to get used to the idea that I am your girlfriend outside working hours. I do like you a lot and I love you and I love spending time with you, it's just that it still feel surreal and it's still like a dream".

"Can you repeat that portion again" Kyuhyun thought that he heard it wrongly. 

With a blur look, Sungmin asked "Which one?" 

"You love me?" Kyuhyun was hoping that he heard it right! He will be the happiest man because he loved Sungmin too. "Sungmin, say something. You said you love me! Isit true?? Sungmin, I love you, very very much! But I thought I should take it slow so that I don't scare you away. But you love me too? Oh God, Sungmin!! I love you!!!" Kyuhyun was so happy that he pulled Sungmin into a tight hug. 

Sungmin was dumbstruck. She said that?? She did confessed?!! Ohmygod. She did! "I... I.. yes, yes, Kyu, I love you too" Sungmin hide her face on Kyuhyun's chest!! 

Kyuhyun pulled her gently to sit on the sofa because he has a feeling that his legs has turn jelly and  that he couldn't stand. He was just too happy! 

With one arm wrapped behind her and another hand holding her face, he kissed her, and said "I love you! I have been wanting to say it and finally I can say it!!" Kyuhyun laughed, and hugged Sungmin again. 

After some time, Sungmin remembered that they are supposed to discuss about the baking class. 

"Kyu, so, about the baking class...." 

"Ahh yes, 1st lesson will be next Saturday, and Ryeowook has bought all the ingredients" Kyuhyun said while intertwining their hands. "And I want to pick you up and bring you there myself".

"Okayyy, but I want to go earlier because I need to prepare the dough". 

"I'm okay. Hmmm, on second thoughts, can I be your student too?" 

"Huh? Nooooo"