The wedding

Joy Sanctuary

 

It was a beautiful day to get married. It was cool and breezy, and the sun was half hiding behind the clouds, so it wasn't hot at all.

Their guests started arriving just before noon, and were served with soft drinks and finger foods by the sanctuary staff. Everybody were nicely dressed, and started mingling around, talking and laughing and taking photos. The sanctuary garden was nicely decorated and it created a very nice embience. 

After Kyuhyun greeted his guests including Sungmin's family, he was asked to take his position next to the priest. Yesung was his best man, and he was thankful that Ryeowook chose his suit, and now he felt quite good, standing next to the ever handsome Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun saw Seohyun earlier and saw that she had an angry expression on her face. She refused to stay and threw her coffee and left in her convertible audi. He wondered what had happened.

The MC started announcing that the wedding ceremony would be starting soon and for everybody to take their seats.

"Are you nervous?" Yesung asked him seeing that Kyuhyun kept taking deep breaths.

"I don't know hyung, suddenly I felt nervous. So this is how one feel to get married? We're you like this last time when you marry Ryeowook?"

"Yeah, I was so nervous that I forget to say 'I do' and wanted to kiss her, until she kicked me and gave a warning look" Yesung laughed.

Kyuhyun laughed too. Yesung nudged him to look ahead, because Sungmin was walking with her father. The veil covered her face, so from far, Kyuhyun could only had a glimpse of her face. His sister and mother gave him a thumbs up and Kyuhyun felt much better now.

The wedding march started. So this  is it. He would be finally married to the woman that he loves. Yesung guided him to step forward to meet Sungmin and Mr Lee. As Sungmin and her father walked, little children threw flower petals at them and the scenery was lovely and romantic. 

Kyuhyun bowed respectfully at Mr Lee when they stopped opposite him. Mr Lee smile at him and said "Kyuhyun, I hereby hand over my lovely daughter, Lee Sungmin to you. I hope that you will cherish her and take good care of her like what myself and my wife had done. I wish you two happiness forever and ever after" he turned and smile at Sungmin, patted her hand and then held her hand ready to hand it over to Kyuhyun.

"Abunim, I accepted Lee Sungmin's hand from you, and I promise you that I will cherish her, take care of her and love her forever, as long as I live. I thank you for your blessing" and Kyuhyun bowed again at Mr Lee, and then reached out to accept Sungmin's hand. He held it to his lips and gave it a kiss, and then slowly, lifted her veil and put it carefully behind her head.

What he saw was the most beautiful girl, and this beautiful girl is his, and is his wife-to-be. Sungmin looked so pretty and so stunning. She smile lovingly at him and slowly hooked her hand at his arm as he turned to walk with her to the priest. Both mothers, Mrs Lee and Mrs Cho were with happy tears, and they have to dab their eyes several times.

The priest gave a speech and then the moment that everyone has been waiting for, the marriage vows was next.  So finally, both Kyuhyun and Sungmin exchanged vows and exchanged rings. When the priest pronounced that they were husband and wife and that Kyuhyun may kissed the bride, everybody stood up and clapped and cheered happily at the newlyweds. 

Kyuhyun kissed his wife with all his heart. Finally Sungmin is his lawful wife. "I love you, Min" he said before he started kissing her. He wipe Sungmin tears and kissed her forehead. They were finally married!! 

Both families join them to take family photos. Then Heechul, Donghae and the rest of the staff came forward to congratulate them and took photos with them. They teased Sungmin and praised her for being such a beautiful bride. The MC invited everyone to proceed to the reception hall and announced that the bride and groom would take a rest first before joining the reception. 

Kyuhyun lifted Sungmin up and carried her bridal style along the aisle and smile at everyone. He carried Sungmin all the way back to the dressing room where Ryeowook had brought in some food and drinks for them to eat first, afterwhich they would have a change in attire for the reception. 

"Kyu, you can put me down!" Sungmin playfully punch him at his chest. 

"You are too pretty. I can't have you trip over leaves and fall down.." Kyuhyun . "Min, you really are so pretty. I feel like kissing you the whole afternoon!" 

"Too bad, I'm hungry. Let's eat" Sungmin laughed and closed his mouth with her hand, and took some serviettes to protect her wedding dress. 

"Wait, wait, let's take some photo first, just the two of us, before Vic comes in" Kyuhyun took out his phone and pulled Sungmin closer. After a few shots, he helped Sungmin to remove her veil plus gave her a few kisses, and finally she could eat.

The wedding banquet was nicely decorated and the MC requested all guests to stand up to welcome the newlyweds who would be walking in any minute. Just on cue, the door opened and the lovely couple walked in gracefully, waving and smiling at their guests. The bride was in a light pink lace with white satin lining, slim fit on the top and flair out nicely towards her feet. The groom was in cream coloured double-ed suit and looking extremely gorgeous. 

Heechul was happier that night because he received lots of business proposals to handle some top architects projects. Apparently he has taken this opportunity to socialise with top architects who were invited by Kyuhyun, and had given them good impression as his firm was the one helping Kyuhyun with numerous projects. 

After cake cutting and toast, Kyuhyun led Sungmin to walk around to talk to their guests and took photos with them. 

"KimKyu! I must thank you for tonight!" Heechul slapped Kyuhyun's shoulder when the newlyweds came to their table. 

"Hey hyung. Regarding what??" 

"You invited a lot of top architects and they were very impressed that you engaged my firm for numerous projects. It means that my firm's service standard is high! Now they will also engage my firm for their projects!" Heechul laughed with pride. 

"You are most welcome but I warn you, don't overwork my wife! I want her to have proper lunch and go home on time!" 

"Of course!! I'm getting two more staff so I will distribute work equally, I promise!" Heechul raised his hand to show Kyuhyun that he meant what he said. Then he slapped Kyuhyun's shoulder again and turned to Sungmin happily. "Sungmin! Look at you! You are so beautiful!!! Congratulations to you and KimKyu!!!" 

"Thank you boss!!" Sungmin smile and gathered her colleagues around to take a group photo. Donghae hugged her and congratulated her happily and told her to enjoy her honeymoon and not to think about work. 

The last guest finally left about 9pm, and though everybody was tired, they all helped to clean up, including the newlyweds. The Lee family hugged Sungmin before they left as they won't see her until after she returned from her honeymoon. Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin walked with them to the carpark and bowed respectfully at them and bid them goodbye. 

"Min, let's go to our room... ?" Kyuhyun held her waist and  whispered at her ear. 

Sungmin pinched him, earning a laugh from Kyuhyun. "Kyu, I'm so happy today. Finally, we are husband and wife, and we belong to each other!"

Kyuhyun kissed her cheek and said "Yes, you are finally mine" and he carried her and kissed her along the way. He used the external corridor to enter his room and without turning on the lights, he locked the door. He put Sungmin gently on the bed, the side table light, and continued to kiss her. 

"I love you, Min" lying on top of her, he caressed her face lovingly. 

Sungmin looked at him with all her love in her eyes "I love you, Kyu. With all my heart". 

They continued to kiss, and make sweet love throughout the night. Though he missed her so much, he was still gentle as he want both of them to remember their wedding night. 

It was past lunch time the next day when they finally came out from their room!

As Sungmin walked down the Sanctuary corridor holding Kyuhyun's hand towards the kitchen, she felt a sense of deja vu. The first time she came to this sanctuary was when she wanted to show her designs and at that time, she didn't even know that the project owner was Kyuhyun. She did the design of the new hall, the reception and the classrooms, and she got injured here too. And now she is Kyuhyun's wife. She found love in this Sanctuary. 

She smile contentedly at her husband, Kyuhyun, and promise herself that she would continue to hold his hand till eternity. 

The end.