So in love

Joy Sanctuary


That night, Kyuhyun missed Sungmin tremendously. It has been lovely taking care of her, sleeping with her in his arms, making love, and helping her with almost everything. 

"Aiisshhhh, this is how being in love feels?? I never feel so hopeless like this before. What is happening to me? I constantly want her so much!" Kyuhyun sigh for the umpteenth time. He has reminded himself that they are getting married soon, but it didn't help. He wants Sungmin now, at this moment. 

He texted Sungmin to ask whether she was still awake, so that he could call her. 

"Yes, Kyu. I 'm not sleeping yet" was her reply. 

He quickly dial her number, and when she immediately answered, he said "Min, I missed you. So bad, and I want you...." 

"Kyu, I missed you too, and I missed sleeping in your arms. And I want you too..." the last part she said it softly. 

Kyuhyun sighed. He has to be patient and suppressed his desires. Sungmin needs to get well and being at her parents place maybe is better for her as her mum would cook for her. 

"How are you by the way? Are you resting your leg?" Kyuhyun stretched down on his bed and hugged his bolster. He hasn't been able to clear his emails or do his work since Sungmin left because he missed her so much. 

"Yes, I'm resting. I've taken my meds too. You must have been working right?" Sungmin smile. 

"No, I couldn't work at all! I missed you a lot" 

"Really? Whatever happen to my workaholic boyfriend??" 

"Your boyfriend here has been so smitten by you that he can never function without his other half!" 

Sungmin laughed "I didn't know I have such power!" she . They both chuckled. "By the way Kyu, what happen to the renovation works at your Sanctuary after the accident?" 

"My project manager is claiming damages from our insurance company, and last I heard was work has re-started at the site. So if you are well enough this Saturday, I will officially invite your family to our Sanctuary. We can visit the site too. But I still don't want you to continue with your class yet. You are not supposed to stand too long" Kyuhyun said.

"Let's see how it goes after Tuesday's checkup ok. What time will you be picking me up?" 

"Hmm, as early as possible?!" Kyuhyun said laughing softly. "I want to spend some time with you"

"Ok, the appointment is at 2pm, so you come over at 9am? I will inform Omma that I have to attend therapy session before my Doctor's appointment" 

"Yup, therapy session with me.."  Kyuhyun chuckled. 

"Yes, my therapist is Mr Cho Kyuhyun" Sungmin chuckled too. They both laughed and Sungmin said "I missed you, Kyu" 

"I miss you more, Sungmin. Go to bed and rest. I call you tomorrow ok. I love you" 

"I love you too. Goodnight, Kyu" 

Kyuhyun smiled looking at his phone. He never imagined that he could be in this state. Loving and longing for someone. 

Taking a deep breath, he walked to his study and opened up his laptop to force himself to do some work. He saw an incoming email from Heechul regarding his final design for another project which was handled by Donghae. Heechul set a date for the meeting to be the following day, which is on Monday, at SJ Designs Inc office. Kyuhyun set the time in his e-calender and added a note for the meeting venue. If he went to SJ Designs Inc tomorrow, he would definitely missed Sungmin again, seeing her empty desk...

Donghae greeted Kyuhyun as soon as he stepped in "Mr Cho! I am so sorry for my blabbermouth. I shouldn't have tell Mrs Lee about Sungmin's accident and that you are taking care of her" Donghae apologised. 

"It's okay Hae, my fault actually for not informing her parents" 

"How is Sungmin?" Donghae said while walking with Kyuhyun to the conference room. 

"She's fine so far. I'm picking her up tomorrow for her checkup" 

"Ohhh she's not staying with you?" 

"Her parents brought her back to Ilsan last Sunday" Kyuhyun said sadly. 

"I'm so sorry again!" 

"Hae, no need to apologise, please. I should think from her parents' point of view, how worried they will be if their injured daughter is far from them and on her own" Kyuhyun went in to the conference room and started to take out his laptop and sketches. 

"Yes I agree but Sungmin had stayed away from her parents for so long, surely they know that she can take care of herself. Anyway, I'll get you coffee and inform boss that you are here" 

"Thanks Hae" Kyuhyun said while looking through his sketches. A message 'ping' from his phone. He smile seeing that the text was from Sungmin. 

"Hi Kyu. Are you at my office? How's Hae?" 

"Hi baby! You care for Hae more than me! Tsk tsk. You didn't ask how am I. Naughty girl" 

"Oops. Sorry, how are you, my dear boyfriend? Are you in our conference room? Meeting started?" 

"I'm not good coz I need you..." Kyuhyun chuckled while typing, and continued "Meeting not started yet waiting for your Diva boss" 

"Oh ok" Sungmin replied, then sent another text "By the way, Kyu, can you bring back my laptop? Hae might keep it in my drawer" 

"Why do you need your laptop?" 

"I still need to finish up your design for the classroom alterations".

"I can ask hyung to handover your work to your colleague. I want you to rest" 

"My hands can still work and I rather finish them myself. My boyfriend checks my work in detail... so...." 

Kyuhyun sent two angry emoticon to tease Sungmin. 

"Please, Kyu... Bring back my laptop.." 

"Ok, on one condition..." 

"What is that?" 

"I will seek your parents' permission to bring you over to my apartment more often to finish the design works under my supervision" 

Sungmin sent 2 laughing emoticons. 

"No deal, if you don't agree" Kyuhyun sent. 

"Ok ok, so thoughtful of you" 

Kyuhyun sent a laughing emoticon. 
"Ok Min, think Hae and hyung are coming soon. See you tomorrow!" 

"See you" 

The meeting went on to lunchtime and Kyuhyun joined them for lunch. They talked mostly about Sungmin and Kyuhyun broke the news that he has proposed to Sungmin. 

Donghae closed his mouth due to happiness and jumped up and down in his seat excitedly. Heechul patted Kyuhyun's back and for being fast!! He demanded Kyuhyun to show the picture of the ring that he gave Sungmin and both he and Donghae unanimously said "Wow....!!!" 

They had a good lunch and laughed on other things, and Kyuhyun went back with them to their office because he needed to bring back Sungmin's laptop. 

He smile while carrying Sungmin's laptop along with his sling bag to his car. Her laptop has pink stickers on the cover with cute rabbits, and he felt like running to her now because he missed her again. 

It was raining on Tuesday morning when Kyuhyun reached Ilsan. He reached there early, around 8.30am because he didn't want to be stuck in a traffic jam. Sungmin had given him the direction and now that he was here, he suddenly felt very nervous as though he was going to meet his in-laws for the first time! 

All these feelings were new to him because usually, he was always very firm, strong-minded, composed and very focus. But falling in love with Sungmin changed his whole entire being. He couldn't focus on something long enough because his mind would drift to Sungmin. He couldn't be strong-minded because he wouldn't know what to expect whenever Sungmin's family is concern. 

Taking a deep breath, he pressed the bell outside the gate of Sungmin's family residence. Mr Lee came out and greeted him after opening the gate. 

"Kyuhyun, come in come in" 

Bowing respectfully, Kyuhyun greeted him "Hello aboenim" 

He was led into the beautiful house and Mr Lee said "Come come, join us for a simple breakfast" and led him into their dinning room, where Sungmin, Mrs Lee and another guy,  probably Sungmin's brother were seated. They stood up and Sungmin smile sweetly at Kyuhyun. 

"Kyuhyun! Come, join us! Oh yes, this is Sungjin, my son. Sungjin, this is Kyuhyun, Sungminnie's fiancee" Mrs Lee introduce them. Kyuhyun stepped forward and gave a slight bow while extending his hand to Sungjin. Sungjin shook his hand with a deeper bow, as a resiect due to Kyuhyun being older. Kyuhyun then sat next to Sungmin. 

"Hi" he smile at his dearest Sungmin and reached over and pecked her cheek. 

Sungmin smile shyly and poured him a mug of coffee and placed a plate with 2 slices of apple pies and 2 pieces of French toast. "Omma baked the apple pie and I fried the French toast!". 

Kyuhyun nodded with a "Wow" and started biting into the French toast first. "Hmmm this is good! Not too oily and not too eggy" he smile glancing at Sungmin. 

"Hyung, noona's French toast is nothing. Try Omma's apple pie!!!" 
Sungjin stick out his tongue at Sungmin. 

"Jin-ahh, of course he will try Minnie's toast first! That's how husbands should be doing! Not like your appa, he drank coffee and read newspaper first!" Mrs Lee made an angry face at her husband, making everybody laughed. 

"I still eat your apple pie what..." Mr Lee said, teasing his wife. 

Kyuhyun tackled the apple pie next, after finishing both the French toasts. "Ommonim, the apple pie is good!! So fresh and very delicious!! If Sungmin bake this, will it be as good as yours?" Kyuhyun smile glancing at Sungmin. 

Sungmin pinched him earning an "ouch" from Kyuhyun. 

"Of course, hers is equally good! You must see who is her teacher!!" Mrs Lee said proudly, teasing her daughter. 

"Ahh omma, yours is still the best" Sungmin laughed and then added another piece on to Kyuhyun's plate as he has finished them all! 

They talked and laughed and then after helping to clean up the dishes, Sungmin got ready and said goodbyes to her family. Kyuhyun bowed and informed them that he would send Sungmin back after the hospital checkup. He helped Sungmin to his car and waved to the Lees. 

"That was a very good breakfast!!! Thank you Min!!"  he reached over and gave her a brief kiss. 

"You are most welcome! So, we go to your place?" 

"Yes, to start your therapy session" Kyuhyun smile, teasing her. 

Sungmin smile shyly. "How was the meeting yesterday? The project is under Donghae right? The Seoul Sky?" 

"Yeah,  my part is those areas which covers the upper floors of the building, from 117th to 123rd. Guest what? It will be the world's third highest observation deck! Interesting isn't it?" 

"Yes it is! How did you get that job! You must be so well respected!" 

"Well, I sit in the architectural board, and Lotte Group founder's son, Shin Dong-bin, is also there  and luckily, we are on friendly basis, so he like unanimously put the project on my lap, haha" 

"He knows your work and must have high respect for you" 

"Well I guess maybe it's too small a job for Lotte group to handle themself so they just need to outsource it to someone else, while they tackle other big projects". 

"You never aspire to join Lotte Group?" 

"I got offers now and then, but I like to work on my own, furthermore I have the Sanctuary to run, so I need flexible working time. Dong-bin hyung hasn't give up on his offer though, but nahhhhh, I still prefer running my own company" Kyuhyun chuckled. 

"You are amazing. Very entrepreneur and resourceful. And you did everything on your own! Boss should learn from you" 

"Maybe our line is different. Heechul hyung is into designing, so he need people to do for him. I am more into planning what I want to build or alter, so I can work solo. I only need people when I want to execute my plan"

"Will you still give boss more jobs in future?" 

"Of course! But I have learn not to pressurise him since what had happened to you. And if you are given any job in future, please don't overwork yourself. Just let me know, I can adjust my expectations. But actually once we are married and you are pregnant, I don't want you to work. But that can be discuss later" Kyuhyun added, after Sungmin gave him a surprised look. 

"Kyu, I still want to work...." 

"I want you to be by my side. You can be my secretary, wife, mother to my kids..." Kyuhyun chuckled. "Ouch, what's that for?" he said when Sungmin pinched him. They had reached his as apartment's basement carpark. He reached over and kissed her "Let's go up" and unbuckled her seat belt. 

He held her hand and walked slowly so that Sungmin would not put pressure on her injured leg. Pulling her to him once the lift door close, he kissed her lips, nose and forehead. 

"Kyu, the security guard will see us from his monitor" 

"Most of the time he's sleeping" Kyuhyun laughed.

Once in his apartment, Kyuhyun place Sungmin's handbag near her laptop, and then he scooped her up in his arms and walked to his bedroom. 

Putting her down, he hugged her tightly "I miss you so much". Letting her go, he asked "Can we?.." 

Understanding what Kyuhyun wants, she smile and nodded, "But Kyu, I need a hanger to hang my skirt and blouse" she said when Kyuhyun started ing her top. 

Kyuhyun pulled her hand to his walk-in wardrobe and both of them started undressing there. After they hang their clothes, he smile and scoop her into his arms walking back to his bed, both . 

"Kyu.." 

"Hmmm? Don't ask me to wait. I am hard already if you hasn't notice..." 

"Can.. can... you.. put on a ...? I don't want to get pregnant before our wedding..." Sungmin said shyly. 

Kyuhyun put her gently on his bed and started kissing her and massaging her . felt so hot when it graze Sungmin's  lower parts and in between kisses, he said "alright, your wish is my command, princess" Kyuhyun said while stretching his hand to open his side drawer to search for the packets which luckily he had remembered to buy the day before. 

After their beautiful lovemaking and throwing away his , they slept in each other's arms and well, were still in deep sleep until noon, and they didn't realise it was time for Sungmin's hospital appointment!