Families

Joy Sanctuary


"Omma!! What are you doing here? How do you know that I am here?" Sungmin asked her mother with surprise.

"Sungminnie! You are injured and you never tell me!!!" Mrs Lee started to beat her with her hand. It wasn't painful but Mrs Lee happened to hit her injured hand, so Sungmin screamed.

"Ouch, Omma!!"

Automatically Kyuhyun went to Sungmin and shielded her from her mother. "Mrs Lee, don't beat Sungmin. It was my fault. I should have contacted you and family. I'm so sorry. Please, come in and have a seat" Kyuhyun said sincerely and bowed. 

"I'm just worried that Sungminnie got hurt and nobody takes care of her. And I'm angry that I was the last one who got to know. Luckily my husband met Donghae-ah. He was the one who informed my husband about Sungminnie's injury. We went to the hospital but she has already been discharged. So I call Donghae-ah and he told us probably you are at Mr Cho's apartment" Mrs Lee said. As she talked, Mr Lee appeared at the door, probably had came up after parking his car.

"Appa!!" Sungminnie called her father. Her father smile and hugged her and asked how she was.

"Appa, Omma beat me" Sungmin complained to her father like a spoilt brat.

"Because you are horrible! Who am I to you that you can just brush me aside huh?" Mrs Lee scolded Sungmin, and started to sob. 

"Omma, I'm so sorry. I just didn't want you to worry about me..." Sungmin started sobbing too. 

Mrs Lee hugged Sungmin, and both mother and daughter were crying and apologising. Kyuhyun felt bad that he didn't insist on contacting Sungmin's family when she was in the hospital. 

"I'm sorry, Mr and Mrs Lee, don't blame Sungmin. She got injured at my Sanctuary and it is my responsibility to make sure that she recovers fully. That was why I decided to bring her to my home. My apology for not contacting you". 

"And you are?" Mr Lee asked, immediately liking this man for being polite and kind and protected his daughter well. 

"Oh I'm so sorry for my manners. I'm Cho Kyuhyun, Sungmin's boyfriend. Please, come in and let's talk inside" Kyuhyun bowed and use hand gestures to usher them in. Sungmin felt shy when Kyuhyun mentioned that he is her boyfriend. 

They were seated in Kyuhyun's luxurious living room, while Kyuhyun brought a pot of tea and  poured for them. He had asked Sungmin to sit when Sungmin wanted to go to the kitchenette earlier. 

"Please have a drink" Kyuhyun bowed again and sit next to Sungmin. He put a pillow behind Sungmin so that she is comfortable. 

"Mr Cho, are you the architect that engaged Sungmin's boss to do your designing?" Mr Lee asked. He was actually very impressed with Kyuhyun and happy that Kyuhyun is Sungmin's boyfriend. 

"Please, just call me Kyuhyun. Yes I am, but I met Sungmin way before I knew that she works for Heechul. And when I realised that I have fallen in love with her, there's no turning back. I don't care that she works for the designing company that I engage because, work wise, I am still strict on my designs, so I know where to draw the line". 

Mr Lee nodded. Mrs Lee was still trying to digest all the information, especially the boyfriend part. 

Kyuhyun squeezed Sungmin's hand, smile at her, got up and kneel in front of Sungmin's parents. Both the Lees were shocked as they didn't expect Kyuhyun to kneel down. 

"Mr and Mrs Lee, I love Sungmin very much, and I want to seek your permission to marry her. Nothing in this world would make me happy except having her as my wife, as the mother of my children and be with me till the end of our lives" Kyuhyun said full of sincerity so that the Lees knew that he was speaking from his heart. 

Sungmin teared when she saw Kyuhyun's confession to her parents and felt so touch hearing how much Kyuhyun loves her. 

"Mr Cho, please get up" Mrs Lee gestured to pull him up. "I can see that you sincerely loves my daughter and I am grateful for that. But we are not of the same status as your family. Have you discuss this with your family? Are they agreeable?" 

"Mrs Lee, please call me Kyuhyun. Yes my family adores Sungmin and my mother was the happiest person when I told her about my feelings towards Sungmin. She likes Sungmin and treated her like her own daughter" Kyuhyun got up, bowed at them and sat down next to Sungmin again. Holding her hand, he intertwine their fingers and using his free hand, wipe her tears lovingly. 

"Yes, Omma. Mr and Mrs Cho are very humble people. They treated me like their own family and they are very fond of me" Sungmin smile shyly. 

"Why don't I arrange for you all to meet? My family are very keen to meet and get to know you and family". 

Mr Lee talked softly to his wife, who was thinking for a while before nodding her head. Mr Lee then said to Kyuhyun "Alright, we are okay to meet your family" Mr Lee smile at him. 

"Ok great!!" Kyuhyun said, putting his arm around Sungmin. "I'll order food ok?" he told Sungmin. 

"Kyu I can cook" Sungmin told him softly. 

"No, no, you stay and talk to your parents, I'll order food" Kyuhyun patted her hand, and then got up and when to his bedroom to take his phone. 

Both parents observed how close Kyuhyun was with their daughter, and that he cared a lot for Sungmin. 

Mrs Lee moved to sit next to her daughter. "Sungminnie, why don't you stay with us until you recover?" she suggested. She didn't want to trouble Kyuhyun and to her, it was not proper for them to stay together since they were not married yet. But then again, the youngsters nowadays, she sighed, would stay and sleep together even if they are not married. 

"Actually Omma, that was what I was thinking, but Kyu insisted to look after me himself. I owe him a lot because he paid for my hospital bills, and it's easier to discuss work with him, so here I am" Sungmin explained. She hope that her mother could see this particular point of view. That Sungmin couldn't turn down Kyuhyun's request. 

"Ok then, I think we should set your wedding date faster, so that other people will not talk. Either that or you stay with us" Mrs Lee said firmly. "And I heard from Donghae-ah that he's one of the top architects, so he must be travelling around frequently. How sure you are that he didn't sleep around and loves you only?" 

"I don't, Mrs Lee, I really don't. And I only love Sungmin" Suddenly Kyuhyun was standing there, replying to Mrs Lee's remarks.  She got a shock because she didn't know that Kyuhyun had walked back to the living room. 

"Please accept our apologies, Kyuhyun. My wife was only concern about Sungmin, that's all" Mr Lee apologised on his wife behalf and gave his wife a warning look. 

"I understand Mr Lee. But please, trust me on this. I love Sungmin very much and if I could marry her now, I will" Kyuhyun said sincerely, sitting on his sofa's hand rest, and reach down for Sungmin's hand to hold it. "I'm always busy with my architectural work and running the Sanctuary, and has no time for girlfriends, but when I met Sungmin, my life suddenly changed. I want to make time for Sungmin and I did, because I'm the happiest when I'm with her and I just want to be with her forever" Kyuhyun confessed, squeezing Sungmin's hand. 

Mr Lee smile happily because he felt happy that his daughter met such an honest and loving guy. He has no worries for her, now that she will be in good hands. 

Sungmin looked up at Kyuhyun and smile. Kyuhyun felt like kissing her but he stopped himself as Sungmin's parents were there. 

"Kyuhyun, I'm sorry about what I said just now. I don't mean any harm, I just want Sungminnie to be on guard and take care of herself" Mrs Lee told him. 

"No, no, don't worry about it, Mrs Lee. I'm happy to clear anything so that you know how sincere I am to take Sungmin to be my wife".

"Ok then, you should call me Ommonim and call Sungminnie's Appa as Aboenim, since you will be our son-in-law soon" Mrs Lee smile happily at Kyuhyun, making Kyuhyun smile happily too since this is the first time Mrs Lee had actually accepted him. 

The doorbell rang and Kyuhyun excused himself to open his door. It must be the food delivery guy. About time coz he was feeling hungry already. 

"Kyu!! How's Sungmin?!!! I want to see her!!" suddenly Mrs Cho appeared at his door when he opened it. And there was Mr Cho, and Ryeowook, and her husband as well. 

"Omma!" Kyuhyun was overwhelmed as now there would be too many people and he didn't ordered that much food! He scratched his head and smile at the rest of them.